Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This one would creep me out a little. "I've seen your personal information and I know how to get to you, so you should go out with me"? Yikes.
You actually think someone left important documents in the road and they didn't even notice something flying by and that there wasn't one good samaritan in the area.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This one would creep me out a little. "I've seen your personal information and I know how to get to you, so you should go out with me"? Yikes.
Well, i said it in a flirtatious manner, and by the way she responded, I know she wasnt creeped out by it. Had a great few dates out of it too, girl is a freak in bed.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
Ha good stories.

My friend actually got a girls number while SHE was on a date with another guy.
i've done this twice by accident to guys i know

once, the date guy was an acquaintance, we were both there to see a friend's band play. but he was such a lamer he left his date alone at the bar much of the night and i didn't even realize they were together. so i chatted her up and we eventually wound up seeing each other for a little while

apparently after the date he bitched her out and she told him to screw off. poor guy, he was nice enough but had absolutely no skill with women at all and came off as effeminate. i think he resented me after that

another time, the date guy was actually a good friend of mine. i felt bad about this one. his band was playing that night, and while they were setting up for sound check i saw his date alone at the bar (not knowing she had come with my friend). i talked her up and got her number and again we wound up seeing each other for a little while. i didn't find out she came with him as a date until much later

apparently she slept with my friend too (perhaps even overlapping time periods?). they had some huge drama at some point, it was interesting to me because when i was with the same girl it was actually zero drama. just shows that people can bring out very different aspects of each other based on particular chemistry

luckily my friend now has an awesome LTR girlfriend and it was no big deal. had i known the whole score i would have kept my distance, he's a cool dude and not worth risking any bad blood. the first guy though... sucks to be him, i'd do it over again in a second

Old 09-13-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
You actually think someone left important documents in the road and they didn't even notice something flying by and that there wasn't one good samaritan in the area.
I was the one good samaritan. I have her number to this day and we still text occasionaly. Im just sharing something that happened to me, so get your mind out of the swamp of suspicion, mr croc.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
share some stories about some of the more creative ways you were able to get a phone number of someone you wanted to ask out. Here are a couple from me:

- some months ago, I was walking down a busy intersection and saw a very attractive girl, so obviously I kept my eyes on her. She was carrying some documents and as she was crossing the street and dropped some of them on the ground but kept walking. As I was walking in the same direction, I walked by the doucments and noticed that they seemed more important than what someone would dispose of. There were some tax and employment docs, along with social security number and alot of her personal info. I found her phone number on one of the forms, since she was a block and a half ahead of me, called her and told her she lost something. We met a couple minutes later and i handed her docs back to her. She was even more attractive upclose. She was very thankful, we flirted for a couple of minutes and as we were about to say goodbye, i told her "Hey Ashley, since i already have your phone number in my phone and know your name, how about we go out for drinks sometime". She seemed more than excited to say YES.

- Last night I was at a local restaurant, having a meal with one of my main squeezes and our waitress was incredibly attractive and youthful. I had a hard time stopping myself from checking her out everytime she walked away from our table, but had to play it cool because I didnt want my date noticing. As I was paying for the meal, their credit card machine went down after she swiped my card and left the charge in pending status. She came back to our table and explained the problem and said we would have to wait for this to be fixed. We had to get going however, since it was getting late and i needed to get my groove on, so i ran over got some cash from the atm and paid for the meal. The hottie waitress then wrote on the receipt that a cc charge is pending, and that the resturant may end up owing me credit on case it goes through. She then says, ill even write my name on it, so you know who to refer to and i told her "sure, why dont you write your phone number down while youre at it, in case we need to discuss this further". she then gave me a sexy "oh, you want to **** me" look, smiled and wrote down her number. I think ill be calling her within next ocuple of days.

your turn =)
These stories have a ring of not-truth to them, don't they?

Old 09-13-2012, 09:24 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
I was the one good samaritan. I have her number to this day and we still text occasionaly. Im just sharing something that happened to me, so get your mind out of the swamp of suspicion, mr croc.
Did you also find the ATM pin number?

Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 AM

oh, you people suck. They are true stories and if I wanted to make up some BS to build myself up, i could come up with something much much more interesting and flattering. the reason for this thread is for you to share yours, which many seem to get, but some obviously dont.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Did you also find the ATM pin number?
It was an employment application and a W4 from a previous year along with a resume and some other docs. Seemed important enough to make an effort to return to a hottie. No ATM pin numbers however.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,765 times
Quote:
oh, you people suck. They are true stories and if I wanted to make up some BS to build myself up, i could come up with something much much more interesting and flattering
seriously

anyone remember this gem: My girlfriend is going to cheat on me Tonight

i love the made up stories the most. this is pretty par-for-the-course multi-dating material, nothing too hard to believe here

Old 09-13-2012, 10:21 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,291 times
"main squeeze"?
What do you mean? Just someone you date sometimes? Does she know or care that you're also trying to date other girls? Does she date other guys? Do you go to bed after every date, or not always?
I'm really not very experienced at dating and i have no idea what you're talking about

How'd you get the girl's number just by a simple asking, without no convo? Are you like super gorgeous?

I'd really like something real and serious eventually, but I'd sure as hell enjoy sleeping with women as much as possible too.
Where the hell do you meet people this loose, anyway? I just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships