Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:34 PM

49 posts, read 51,487 times

Advertisements

Other than the number 13, it sounds lovely. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Happened for my cousin. Her hubby knew shew was the one as soon as he saw her. They've now been married for 13 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGirl88 View Post
He told his friend, not her.
I know.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,694 times
Quote:
LOL, what's wrong with POF?
Where do I start? lol lol It's a "meat market" vs. a "meet market"....that about sums it up, haha.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM

I was more so speaking of men that developed an instant, unexplainable attraction to a woman.

Sorry to hear your love story didn't have a happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
My (soon to be ex) and I met online as teenagers..

We sent each other tons of emails before even meeting, she still has a folder with a few hundred of them.

In one of them I told her we would be married and have kids together.

I was close - we got married (after a 3 year engagement), lost a pregnancy after 9 years together, and are now pursuing a divorce.

So it happens, but it doesn't necessarily end happily ever after.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:02 PM

LOL, funny wordplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Where do I start? lol lol It's a "meat market" vs. a "meet market"....that about sums it up, haha.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times
Quote:
Hey y'all, it's me again. Back with another question.

Is there anyone who knew that a certain woman would end up being their wife, as soon as you laid eyes on her? (not because of her beauty but something else about her grabbed you).

I read a story on POF once before. A guy said he and his best bud were at a party. His buddy sister walked in with a new female friend, his friend became hypnotized by the female, couldn't take his eyes off her, then he said, "That's her. That's my wife!"

Sad part, his friend was already in a relationship. He had been with his girlfriend for a few years. His girlfriend was standing right there as her boyfriend became mesmerized by another chick.

The guy said he didn't get it and years later, he still didn't get it.

He said the girl was far from pretty (barely a 4). His girlfriend was much better looking, great personality, etc.

Funny thing, his friend was right. Not only did he marry this other girl, but over 10 years later, he was still deeply in love with her. He said his friend was a playboy. He gave it all up for this lady. You couldn't pay him to look at another woman.

Isn't that lovely? But what do you think?
Hey...

...I like it. I guess some people can sense who is right for them.

Take me for instance, I look at a lot of hot women and sometimes I can see the hottest woman in the room and be completely turned off by her. It's all about the vibe or the energy people give off for me.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:15 PM

Interesting!

Aura's are powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Hey...

Take me for instance, I look at a lot of hot women and sometimes I can see the hottest woman in the room and be completely turned off by her. It's all about the vibe or the energy people give off for me.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:19 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,694 times
It happened to my parents. They met at a nightclub in Houston on an October night in 1987. They were inseperable from that night, and were engaged 5 weeks later. They celebrated their 25th anniversary this past July. So, I guess you can find a LTR at a bar, lol.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:25 PM

331 posts, read 603,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
My (soon to be ex) and I met online as teenagers..

We sent each other tons of emails before even meeting, she still has a folder with a few hundred of them.

In one of them I told her we would be married and have kids together.

I was close - we got married (after a 3 year engagement), lost a pregnancy after 9 years together, and are now pursuing a divorce.

So it happens, but it doesn't necessarily end happily ever after.

^^^^ I'm sorry to hear this, it saddens my heart , but knowing love and losing it is always better than never knowing love at all!!

Best wishes to you!

Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Hey...

This is how I operate too.

Not that looks don't matter...but sometimes there is a pull to someone you just cannot ignore. I get auras and vibes from people all the time...not everyone I come in contact with, but when I do it's definitely something I can't ignore. It's not always positive either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships