Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM

137 posts, read 192,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
It's the end of the day i want to leave so i'm trying to be quick

A lot of posters on here and people in general seem to have the mentality that women being promiscuous, or having un-commited sex, is inherently wrong. Ditto men.

Newsflash: Women like sex too. A lot. It isn't hard to imagine they'd go out of their way for it. On top of that, people are busy, so they may not always want a relationship. Hell I know one grad student who's "dating, but trying hard to stay single"- there ya go in general, grad students.

There's nothing wrong with either men or women having sex as much as they want. There's effective birth and STD control around, and socially/emotionally, as long as you're honest with people. A woman having sex outside of marriage no longer threatens society (back in the day it could create dependents in an already dirt-poor world, distract men from their wives making them feel they dont need to work for sex, etc)
You've only done something wrong if you cheated, accidentally or intentionally, on someone. By accident, I mean that they misunderstood your arrangement.

Being promiscuous CAN be signs of low self esteem or other issues. Or it could just be enjoyment of sex.

In the relevant thread I mentioned that that's half the reason anyone moves to NYC, there's a reason 1/3 people in Manhattan is between 20-30. That demographic, if you know anything about demographics, is NUTS. Few places are so FULL of young people.

I even suggested a simple etiquette for people who want to date like that, simply don't go home with someone else other than your date when you go out with one of your partners. getting/giving numbers I guess would be cool, but preferably on the DL

Why do so many people not understand this?
And why are women "trash" if they feel like having lots of sex?

For me, the whole NYC promiscuity thing sounds awesome, but I doubt I'd have the time. I have a job and I do things, lots of things. Frankly i find all this **** weird (which I've been seeing as i go out into the world more). Then again, I'm from Jersey, we're different, we have responsibilities and work, one person I meant once put it that way and he's right, and I'd been thinking as much for a while.

OK, so people have been saying morality is relative... sorry, it isn't, you need to have some good reasons and logic behind your claims. Yes, morality can be logically directed, just like math and science. Similarly to math and science, you may need to start with some initial assumptions/premises, but the rest can be logically deduced

To believe tha morality can only be dictated is to fall prey to all manner of nonsense. We have people trying to murder us because of their holy book, not to mention stoning women and all that stuff. Is all that just an "opinion"? No, they're objectively wrong by any standard that cares about human utility and happiness
I know what post you are referring to with this post. I think the poster that called women "trash" didn't say it because of the promiscuity of women. He meant that many lie about it and try to create an image of themselves that they aren't. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with him, just clarifying what he meant.

Of course, men do this too, obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 06:37 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I don't think people need any more encouragement to be promiscuous.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:19 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,291 times
what's frustrating me is how any of these guys out there are getting "unattached" sex, or relationships, for that matter

it's a mix of both not having had sex for a long time and frustration about feeling like I don't know how to get it.
Some unattached sex or sex of any kind would strongly help me psychologically.

What the hell are these men doing? What the hell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships