Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM

5,007 posts, read 7,852,828 times

Advertisements

that's the age of most the women regulars who post here. how often do you attract the attention of younger men, and do you feel flattered by it, or a little weirded out by it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,309,885 times
Apparently I'm every 19-27 year-old's fantasy at 36. I swear, I get one email a week from some kid asking for casual sex. Oy.

I do appear to be younger to some guys - a perfectly adorable 25-year-old in my writing group was hitting on me until I gently informed him of my true age. It was sweet to see him stammer and blush as he told me "B-b-but you look like you're my age!" Yes, I will love that kid forever And my friend's 19-year-old son has a massive crush on me, which cracks me up. I'm SOOOO not a MILF (not even a mom!).

Honestly, I'm not interested in a guy who's even just 2 or 3 years younger than me, unless he is exceptional in his life experience and maturity, for a variety of reasons. It doesn't creep me out, but I prefer someone who has a certain amount of wisdom from their life experience. I'm very booksmart, and I'm looking for a different kind of intelligence in my partner.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,278,668 times
Younger men approach me more often than older. I would say as young as 18. A guy at the mall came up to me a couple of days ago...I would say he was 25-27.

When it first started happening I felt weird about it, now I am just used to it.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:21 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,372,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
that's the age of most the women regulars who post here. how often do you attract the attention of younger men, and do you feel flattered by it, or a little weirded out by it?
I can't say I ever have so I don't really have a feeling or opinion on it either way.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,766,595 times
Well I posted a thread complaining about this the other day. I mostly attract younger people. 65% under 30, 20% over 40. And a handful of people actually over 30.

In general I am OK with it. But sometimes the under 30s are a little immature for me. I am not a big drinker. I don't smoke anything. And well I don't drink enough to forget the entire evening -- or need the drinks to make it a successful evening.

I tend to have "older" interests in some ways. So a mature enough younger guy is fine.

(Immature meaning, still into drinking, "partying," 48 hour video game sessions, and "smoking." Also no life plan/not goal oriented)

I don't feel "flattered" or anything. Generally speaking people think I am younger anyway so the younger guys hitting on me think I am their age. Then I have to weed them out to see if they are "old enough."

Old 09-13-2012, 07:27 PM

48,413 posts, read 34,586,645 times
Seriously, it seems that "older women" are a trend right now.

I still find it disconcerting.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:30 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,713,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Seriously, it seems that "older women" are a trend right now.

I still find it disconcerting.
Why is it disconcerting? I'm 35 and I find women that are 10, 15 even 20 years older than myself beautiful. There's something to be said about maturity and beauty. That's not to say that I don't like women my age but I can appreciate a older woman. There are two 45 year women that I know whom I'm attracted to that I would date in a heart beat and not just for sex even though I find them sexually attractive.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,107,776 times
I don't really think about it. Well - also, it hasn't happened for awhile since I've either been pregnant or had a baby attached to me for the past 2 years! But before that - it's not like I can always tell how old the guy is - and since I'm married and not looking - it doesn't really matter to me. It's flattering - but I don't give it much thought.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 PM

48,413 posts, read 34,586,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Why is it disconcerting? I'm 35 and I find women that are 10, 15 even 20 years older than myself beautiful. There's something to be said about maturity and beauty. That's not to say that I don't like women my age but I can appreciate a older woman. There are two 45 year women that I know whom I'm attracted to that I would date in a heart beat and not just for sex even though I find them sexually attractive.

I was asked out by my friend's son who had just turned 21........ I'm 45.

It's not like I don't listen to current music, and I'm familiar with current pop culture, I dress in current fashion... etc. But despite all of that.... what in the he!! would I talk to him about?!!!

Yes, he was good looking.... that and a buck will get you a soda.

I did date a guy 10 years younger, but he was a rare situation.

You say there is something to be said for maturity, and I WHOLE heartily agree!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,713,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I was asked out by my friend's son who had just turned 21........ I'm 45.

It's not like I don't listen to current music, and I'm familiar with current pop culture, I dress in current fashion... etc. But despite all of that.... what in the he!! would I talk to him about?!!!

Yes, he was good looking.... that and a buck will get you a soda.

I did date a guy 10 years younger, but he was a rare situation.

You say there is something to be said for maturity, and I WHOLE heartily agree!!!
I see. The two 45 year olds that I know I think would make an exception for me. It just seems like women in your age range are concerned about a younger guy's maturity and whether he just wants to use you for sex. That's certainly understandable. The two older women that I know are concerned about it but they've hinted that I would be the exception bc they know that I'm mature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships