Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times

Advertisements

Not married. Dont believe in it. Dont want kids either. I am dating someone currently (2 year relationship), but no future plans of anything more then bf/gf.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:13 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGirl88 View Post
LOL, you're funny. I am not desperate to marry ANY guy. It's just I don't feel that I am the person I need to be for the guy I wish to be with.

I attract very quality, nice looking men. But I fear getting involved with them until I improve in certain areas of my life. However, at the same time, no one will ever reach perfection, and though I realize that, it's hard for me to overcome feeling as though...

Just forget it. lol Why did I even bother.
So work on improving, and then you can be more comfortable. What's the hurry?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 AM

49 posts, read 51,511 times
What's the hurry? In a few months, I will be 29. I hope to have at least 2 or more kids (with age, it's more likely the kids will come out with a deformity).

The last relationship (sexual and nonsexual) I had was when I was 19... yes, almost 10 years. No dates, no kisses, no talk with men, nothing at all. Do you know of anyone my age who lives this life? lol

At 19, I pushed away a great guy for the same reason. He was 26, earned a lot of money, cars and house paid off, no kids, gave me more time than I ever wanted, protective... everything many of women would die for.

I was 19, still living at home, no job, and always questioned that he could have done better even though he would keep trying to convince me that it was I he wanted. Well, eventually, I pushed him away.

I thought I had learned my lesson, but I still haven't. I've been this way for so long that I fear I'm sort of stuck in this mind frame.

I know it sounds odd, very odd, but every time I get approached, I become extremely afraid. I don't bother exchanging numbers even. I feel trapped. I'm too afraid to talk but I am also extremely tired of not having a relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So work on improving, and then you can be more comfortable. What's the hurry?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:49 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGirl88 View Post
What's the hurry? In a few months, I will be 29. I hope to have at least 2 or more kids (with age, it's more likely the kids will come out with a deformity).

The last relationship (sexual and nonsexual) I had was when I was 19... yes, almost 10 years. No dates, no kisses, no talk with men, nothing at all. Do you know of anyone my age who lives this life? lol

At 19, I pushed away a great guy for the same reason. He was 26, earned a lot of money, cars and house paid off, no kids, gave me more time than I ever wanted, protective... everything many of women would die for.

I was 19, still living at home, no job, and always questioned that he could have done better even though he would keep trying to convince me that it was I he wanted. Well, eventually, I pushed him away.

I thought I had learned my lesson, but I still haven't. I've been this way for so long that I fear I'm sort of stuck in this mind frame.

I know it sounds odd, very odd, but every time I get approached, I become extremely afraid. I don't bother exchanging numbers even. I feel trapped. I'm too afraid to talk but I am also extremely tired of not having a relationship.
Sounds like you have waaaayyyy deeper issues then the surface of you just not having a relationship.

Are you in threapy?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:53 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
No

Old 09-14-2012, 07:13 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,319 times
KittyGirl, I've been single for almost 10 years now (divorced). I can understand how you feel since you want children. I never wanted children so it wasn't any big deal to me.

I've met someone very nice, we get along (so far), but honey, I had to kiss a LOT of frogs (no offense to Prince Frog) before I found someone I wanted to see more than once.

Keep your eyes open -- he may be around the next corner

Old 09-14-2012, 07:20 AM

LOL, no, I am not in therapy. Don't we all have issues? Who's life is perfect?

Other than my man issues (well my fear of dating), my life is normal. I don't do drugs, not an alcoholic, not an abuser, not suicidal, not bipolar, schizophrenic or any of that.

I take it that you've never come across an extremely shy person before, have you?

Even therapist have issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Sounds like you have waaaayyyy deeper issues then the surface of you just not having a relationship.

Are you in threapy?

Old 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
One of my female co-workers who I don't know very well asked me if I was married and I was a little caught off guard by the question. I said, "No, I'm single. I live with my cat." lol

Old 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
I'm married and have been for almost 6 years now and with him for 10 but I was single for 10 years before I met and married my husband. I was never uncomfortable doing things alone and I was never one of the girls that HAD to have a boyfriend, if I did great, if I didn't great. Those things did not regulate how I lived my life and even being married is just that being married. I still go out with friends when I want and he does to, we spend time together when he is home, I do most of the grocery shopping alone but when he is home he does go with me because he wants to, amazingly enough he actually enjoys shopping at the grocery. It gives us time to be together but we also pick what we need for home together and for us that is the important part, being together. He is gone working for weeks at a time so for us it is a different situation than others who have a regular schedule and work close to home. When I met him I certainly was not looking for a boyfriend, live in, husband or anything, I wasn't looking at all, just working, shooting darts, living life as usual.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:22 AM

Thanks for your kind words and sharing your story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
KittyGirl, I've been single for almost 10 years now (divorced). I can understand how you feel since you want children. I never wanted children so it wasn't any big deal to me.

I've met someone very nice, we get along (so far), but honey, I had to kiss a LOT of frogs (no offense to Prince Frog) before I found someone I wanted to see more than once.

Keep your eyes open -- he may be around the next corner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships