Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 PM

49 posts, read 51,503 times

Advertisements

Gosh, I'm starting to feel like that person that's alone during the holidays while everyone around me is all cuddled up, kissing and professing their love to one another.

That person that goes grocery shopping by herself while all the other women are shopping with their man and kids.

Am I The ONLY Woman On Here That's NOT Married?

In every thread, it appears over 95% of the women here are happily married. Perhaps, we could use more threads on the secret to finding Mr. Right, where to best find him and keeping him satisfied.

I do blame part of it on myself however. I am not normal. I've never been to a club, I work from home and the few times I do get out of the house (maybe once per week), I always get approached but I have anxiety and I'm too self-conscious to actually talk to the men.

F my life. lol

Every other night I feel like slapping myself for being too shy to get to know someone. Feels like I will never overcome my personal issues and will die lonely. I live the life of a 90 year old, literally.

I guess the real question is not how to meet a guy, but how to overcome personal issues to give him a shot? I am still working on myself, in many areas. I guess the real deal is that I feel I am not on the same level as the men I attract and want in my life, so I keep trying to fix me before getting involved with anyone. I always question what they see in me. If that makes any sense to you.

So, ladies and gents, what's your secret? Go ahead, don't be selfish.

Last edited by KittyGirl88; 09-13-2012 at 10:38 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 10:34 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Be comfortable in your current situation and I'll tell you that it does make you more appealing to men. At least for me there is nothing more pathetic and annoying than a woman desperate for a man. I'm sure women will attest to the opposite as well.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 PM

277 posts, read 518,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGirl88 View Post
Gosh, I'm starting to feel like that person that's alone during the holidays while everyone around me is all cuddled up, kissing and professing their love to one another.

That person that goes grocery shopping by herself while all the other women are shopping with their man and kids.

In every thread, it appears over 95% of the women here are happily married. Perhaps, we could use more threads on the secret to finding Mr. Right, where to best find him and keeping him satisfied.

I do blame part of it on myself however. I am not normal. I've never been to a club, I work from home and the few times I do get out of the house (maybe once per week), I always get approached but I have anxiety and I'm too self-conscious to actually talk to the men.

F my life. lol

Every other night I feel like slapping myself for being too shy to get to know someone. Feels like I will never overcome my personal issues and will die lonely. I live the life of a 90 year old, literally.

I'm 64 and have never been married or lived with anyone (althought I do have a son). Once in a while it's lonely ... but I have no idea what it would be like to live with someone ... and by now it doesn't matter anymore.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGirl88 View Post

F my life. lol

Get out of the house more than once a week maybe?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:53 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,312 times
No you're not. I've been single for a long while now and I'm 25. The irony is while I do want marriage in the future, I don't want kids ever.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:53 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,753 times
If the 88 in your username means you were born in 1988, then I'm gonna need you to stop.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
I'm 28 and have been single for going on 3 years, so you're not alone

Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
At least for me there is nothing more pathetic and annoying than a woman desperate for a man. I'm sure women will attest to the opposite as well.
True being desperate would creep out even the marriage-minded men. I figure if I had to mention it even once as a reference (to see if our goals, hobbies and future plans are similar) only to know he's no where on the same page, then it's not worth the nagging and the whole ''waiting till he changes his mind''. I wouldn't like the idea of a forced commitment or him only doing it because I told him but it has to come from within him too.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:04 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
No most of the women on this forum are not attached as it is a freakshow of romantic problems. See a therapist or psychiatrist if you have mental problems.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:04 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
No, you're not. I'm currently unattached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships