Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 09:55 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
cope out answer.

you're aware, you know why, you have everything you need to understand and bring about change, you just don't want to. hating everything is easy until life comes back to bite you in the ass and you end up an inevitable miserable mess because of everything and everyone that passed you by while you where focused on finding everything that was bad about them instead of looking for the good.
my only advise to you would be to start growing up and accept you are the only person who put yourself in your current situation. until you do that, you wont see anything of value happen to better your life to where you feel it should be.

stop feeling sorry for yourself.
good luck dude.
Well if he's this miserable he can always give up on life. That way no one can ever judge him or talk bad about him ever again. I believe bullies and a**holes are the scum of the earth. Anyone who would pick on someone who stays to themselves is a pathetic wastes of flesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 10:01 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
I hate Valentine's Day and I'm in a relationship. It's so cheesy and over-commercialized.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUGLY View Post
Word.

I can't even go to the park without feeling like some idiot breeder is looking at me suspiciously as some sort of pedophile (in America single man in park = must be a pedo).
Oh come on, I go the park, gasp, as a single guy, all the time and guess what? There are many other single people of both genders alone, reading or lying down. Nobody has ever looked at me as a pedophile, how the hell would I know anyway since people don't tell you that to your face so it's all in your head.

You also mention you're tall like it's some curse. Please, if you were short, you'd be complaining about that too.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:11 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,054 times
Quote:
Everything is geared towards couples though. Living alone is not only lonely and pointless, but also hellishly expensive.

********* all.
Ever considered roommates? I think a house full of good (and responsible) friends are considerably preferable than a house full of screaming kids and your fellow slave to the children.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
Being single might as well be a curse. I feel like everything is geared towards couples, families and love in general. There's still a huge stigma involved in being single.

If you are an ugly man like me, you would have accepted a long time ago that getting a woman would be virtually impossible. You try to resist the urge to just call it all quits, yet society never ceases to rub it all it all in your face and remind you of what a loser you are. I feel like I can't do normal stuff anymore because I am constbstly being judged or I'm surrounded by couples and families.

I buy my unhealhy single man food and go back to my single man hole and gaze at my ugly reflection in the mirror. I don't watch television as I am sick of seeing beautiful people.

Everything is geared towards couples though. Living alone is not only lonely and pointless, but also hellishly expensive.

********* all.
Being single can be ****ty sometimes but it's not all bad dude! Here's what my weekend looked like

Friday: Dropped a friend off at the airport, drove for a bit, got home, smoked with one of my roommates and played Call of Duty, went with a friend to pick up his guitar and ate pizza, got home and jammed for an hour then watched a movie.

Saturday: Woke up, decided I wanted to get donuts and drove to this direct farm market that has a bakery that makes some sweet donuts, drove into DC and then home, smoked with my roommate, chilled, went on a drive, ate a dumb good burger, got home and hung out with the roommates before going out to a bar for a bit.

Sunday, today: Woke up at the crack of 11AM, went for a drive (one roommate let me borrow her car all weekend since she's out of town and I took her to the airport), watched the Ravens game with a friend, went to my little brothers' birthday party, came home and just been chilling all night.

Now granted that'd all be even better with an awesome woman by my side, but man you've gotta appreciate the little things in life. You might not have all that flexibility if you've got a serious relationship! Embrace me-time.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
you sound like you have severe depression....living alone is not expensive, IMO. I've always lived alone post college, you have to learn how to cook for one better. eat the same thing 2 nights in a row, that's what I do, sometimes 3. doesn't bother me.

so true that mostly everything is geared towards couples/families, etc. and people still claim is there is no such thing as 'normal'

even when you read these so called 'advice' things they are constantly saying 'relay on your S.O.' or 'talk to your S.O.' always assuming anybody and everybody reading those stupid things is in a relationships. you seem to not like people very much and if you look around it's not hard to see why that is. everyone so damn self righteous and matter of fact. out of the people that's married we already know half of them are going to end up divorced anyways.

get yourself a pet. not even half the problems you have with people.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 AM

190 posts, read 305,260 times
I feel this way too, but in my eyes everything in this world is geared towards sex. I can't escape it. Sex is on TV, films, magazines, music. Everyone is having sex but me. Only the good looking people are getting sex.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 AM

18 posts, read 19,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you sound like you have severe depression....living alone is not expensive, IMO. I've always lived alone post college, you have to learn how to cook for one better. eat the same thing 2 nights in a row, that's what I do, sometimes 3. doesn't bother me.

so true that mostly everything is geared towards couples/families, etc. and people still claim is there is no such thing as 'normal'

even when you read these so called 'advice' things they are constantly saying 'relay on your S.O.' or 'talk to your S.O.' always assuming anybody and everybody reading those stupid things is in a relationships. you seem to not like people very much and if you look around it's not hard to see why that is. everyone so damn self righteous and matter of fact. out of the people that's married we already know half of them are going to end up divorced anyways.

get yourself a pet. not even half the problems you have with people.
I'm not depressed in the true sense. I'm just sickened by all around me, namely the unfairness and the injustices of humanity and how most people either wilfully contribute to the BS or turn the other cheek because they're so immersed in their shiny-happy worlds.

I love animals. My only solace would be to leave the human race completely and become a hermit, surrounded only by nature and with no connection to the outside world, including no internet or TV access.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
I love animals. My only solace would be to leave the human race completely and become a hermit, surrounded only by nature and with no connection to the outside world, including no internet or TV access.
Then go buy some land in Montana and do that.

There's an Eleanor Roosevelt quote that applies to you: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Then go buy some land in Montana and do that.

There's an Eleanor Roosevelt quote that applies to you: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
I feel like that quote gives people an excuse to be a$$holes to others and blame the other person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships