Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
The whole "player" thing is just one of many personalities a typical guy will try out and wear until the shoe wears thin. Most wear it in HS or college but for some (especially guys who didn't have, ahem, a normal high school experience) they wear it much later.

But no one just wants to get laid, it's all about intimacy. And then the hangups people bring with them (like needing to be players). I always say people's psychologies generate about 90% of their problems.
Lols. You're basically saying they have issues. Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
That's not really what Im referring to. Wanting to get laid is not the issue. It's the attitude towards women in general.
I see as many women use men for things like drinks, free meals, and payments. I'm also pretty sure you have done something like that in the past. it can be as innocent as you 'flirting' with a man at bar and getting a couple drinks I used to know a vain girl who bragged to me that on a 2-month vacation, she got about +10,000$ worth of drinks purchased for her.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
every human being has issues, that's why zeebras don't get heart attacks

Old 09-22-2012, 01:06 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,046 times
Quote:
In my case, women using sex on me helps me overcome any natural commitment phobia I may develop when women hold out on me.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I see as many women use men for things like drinks, free meals, and payments. I'm also pretty sure you have done something like that in the past. it can be as innocent as you 'flirting' with a man at bar and getting a couple drinks I used to know a vain girl who bragged to me that on a 2-month vacation, she got about +10,000$ worth of drinks purchased for her.
I don't accept free drinks from men, nor payments (whatever that means). If a man buys me dinner it's because we are romantically involved somehow. I have my own money.

I would not advise any man to pursue a woman who is trying to get free things from him or anyone else.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I don't accept free drinks from men,
Even if that's true (and really, never in your life?) I doubt you'd have the same reaction to some girls giggling on how they can go out and get free drinks whenever they want.

It's a validation of their desirability as a girl. And I've seen girls of all walks engage in it at one point or the other.

Just like it's a validation for ascension/skydiver at their desirability as a man to talk like they do on CD.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Even if that's true (and really, never in your life?) I doubt you'd have the same reaction to some girls giggling on how they can go out and get free drinks whenever they want.

It's a validation of their desirability as a girl. And I've seen girls of all walks engage in it at one point or the other.

Just like it's a validation for ascension/skydiver at their desirability as a man to talk like they do on CD.
I do have a barista that loves me and gives me coffee. He's definitely gay, though, so not sure how that factors in.

Point is that if a guy really wants to know how to meet someone decent, he shouldn't practice what those guys preach.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I do have a barista that loves me and gives me coffee. He's definitely gay, though, so not sure how that factors in.
As a funny story that's mostly offtopic... back many years ago driving through, I see a guy stumbling back clearly drunk by himself. So I pick him up, ask him where his place is, and begin driving him to it.

It begins to get awkward pretty fast.

I pull up to his place.

Him: Wanna come upstairs?
Me: No, I have places to be
Him: I wish I could pay you back for this ride
Me: I don't need your money
Him: I didn't say anything about money
Me: I'm not gay
Him: Hell, neither am I, I got a gf
Him: some drinks, maybe let me give you a BJ
Me: get the **** out

Which I found humorous because I'd normally never stop for a girl because most of the time that'd by itself make her feel even more uncomfortable. That this was happening for guys too now (he was probably gay but still) just cracked me up. No one can do favors without ulterior motives being assumed these days

PS, I'm not ribbing you. I went almost 3 months without paying for food when I was down on my luck by relying on a girl who worked at 5 guys and one of my best friends who was a chef at a popular high-emd restaurant. I'm all about free ****

Quote:
Point is that if a guy really wants to know how to meet someone decent, he shouldn't practice what those guys preach.
Well I'm sure anyone taking advice here realizes the reason ascension and skydiver post is to fluff their own feathers (why all their advice is always packaged in with a conquest). But in the end, most people meet and date don't end up anywhere. For troubled people, meeting people (not necessarily quality) should be the goal.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Both my DH and I were just out to get laid when we met. I will bet a LOT of successful relationships start that way. All the smoochy poo, gotta hold my knees together stuff makes no sense to me.
I'd say 20% to 25% of the time. The sexual chemistry doesn't fade away, and you're in a relationship. One of my friends slept with his wife on the first date. In meeting her, she didn't seem like that "type."

Old 09-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I'd say 20% to 25% of the time. The sexual chemistry doesn't fade away, and you're in a relationship. One of my friends slept with his wife on the first date. In meeting her, she didn't seem like that "type."
I had sex the first night I met the woman who would have my kids. At a club no less. Funny, I always tell people not to look for love in clubs. In my case, it was dead accurate. She was one controlling and manipulative ****, especially trying to poison my kids against me (and trying to use my friends to get back at me-lost some good friends). But I would never take my kids back, so unfortunately I'm stuck with seeing her. I'm not gonna be one of those dead-beat dads who just runs. I wanna make sure especially my boy doesn't make the mistakes I made. Sit his ass down, and make him do his algebra

Maybe because i'm middle aged but do you notice how all the games these kids talk about no longer apply? I meet some woman about my age, we talk a bit, we have sex. It seemed different when we were younger, sex just stopped being such a big deal. I hardly go for it, and the women care about giving it up less-probably because they did it a good amount times by now.

And I keep hearing about how kids are sexualized these days but for those who grew up in the late 80s/early 90s doesn't it feel tamer today? I remember seeing AIDS test in club bathrooms. I remember going to clubs and seeing people have sex in the lounges. Drug use was everywhere. People snorting in bathrooms, even on bar tops. I don't see anything like that these days. My daughter is 17 and she sometimes condescends to me like I'm just out of it. When it comes to whose on the radio, that maybe sorta true. But everything seems tamer these days, the sex and the crime. Everything is cleaned up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships