Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I have seen this situation taken further than this. Once jealous, the person that is jealous will then start to do things to cause drama, attempting to interfere with the ex's happiness. This situation can get extremely ugly!
I've been dealing with this very situation for years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
I think they may be jealous because she left him because of perceived inadequacies. Seeing him happily with someone else may make her question the correctness of her decision. If he is alone and unhappy, it validates her decision as that would "prove" he wasn't worth keeping.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
My crazy ex-wife was like that.

She was jealous from the start and used to go ballistic if I ever even so much as spoke to another woman.
She went mental once because she phoned my work and the female receptionist answered. It was of no consolation that the receptionist was not even in the same building, let alone the same room !
She once threw a tv at me because I didn't look away quick enough when a hot woman came on screen.
Believe it or not, she was even jealous of the song "Boys of summer", because she thought I "wanted the sl*t in it more than her !"

Anyway, somewhat ironically, she had an affair or two, and we split up.

She moved on and was with another guy. After a while, I moved on and started dating again.
She saw me with a new date in the car, and really started being hostile.
This lasted a month or two.

Next thing I knew, she was being super nice, and stupidly, I took her back.
She was ok for a while, then the jealousy came back.

Despite her having at least two more affairs, and having two children by different guys and pretending they were mine !

Eventually it got out of control and I left.

One of her affairs moved in with her pretty much straight away.

A year later, same thing, she'd found out through my son that I had a new g/f and really kicked up the hostilities.
She started using my son as a weapon against me, and eventually stopped me from seeing him at all, after she'd got a message that me and my g/f were getting married.
We weren't, we were only attending a friend's wedding.

She never stopped being hostile after that, refusing to divorce, being a ******.

She's been remarried twice since, and still can't handle the fact that I've moved on.

You just can't fix crazy. that's what it boils down to.
These people are devoid of logic.

My theory is that they think if presented with a chance to cheat, they believe everyone will, because that's what they do. That's their world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships