Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

I think it was a mistake to skype anyway with someone you only had one date with. It is very easy to be lulled into thinking there is something there prematurely or to make it feel like it's a relationship when it's not yet. It is possible he met someone else, just lost interest, etc. It is NOT personal, this man doesn't even know you yet, so how can it be? I would not write him again, next time take it slow and make sure you don't put all your eggs in one basket until a guy tells you he wants to date only you (and that can only come with face to face time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 07:49 AM

633 posts, read 723,691 times
OP, where is your country anyway. and if i were u, i will let it go. it's only 1 date. he blocked you without saying a word. that's like a slap in the face IMO. and why would i bother with someone like that? unless u wanna get 'slapped' again.

and if you are interested why do u ignore or not reciprocate him showing interest on you? actually for me the guy is just being logical. so should u. i mean he has a life u know? so do u.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Guys, do you realize how old this thread is? Why did you dig it out again? The OP has long moved on and hasn't posted in this forum since November.

You are beating a dead horse here.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I hate when people do that! Usually I look, but this time I got fooled.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 AM

681 posts, read 618,129 times
it sucks but it is what it is yo

Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameunknown View Post
i just hope he didnt see it in a way that i was not interested....because i ignored his talk like we should go some place together. and when i said my hometown is nice he said that he wants to see it someday, i also ignored that. But i was otherwise talking to him very nicely.
He probably did see it that way, should this topic come around again with him or someone else be slighty more open with your response.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:20 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Guys, do you realize how old this thread is? Why did you dig it out again? The OP has long moved on and hasn't posted in this forum since November.

You are beating a dead horse here.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
How do you even know he blocked you?

That'll make you look really creepy if you call him out on it. Sometimes I block people on my list when I don't feel like talking to anybody. It's messenger and you're living in a different country right now. Chill out...

I'm siding on theearthbeneathme on this one..
This is what I'm wondering. When you block someone you show up as offline. On Skype I think she would have to add him under another name to find out if he blocked her. Either way, no one should obsess this much.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:04 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
I've had so many people block me on Skype and Facebook and all those sites. Does it bother me? No. There are way too many awesome people in this world to get to know to be hung up on just a small portion of them who decided to make the mistake of blocking me.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:35 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
I think you got what you deserve.

First you say this -

Quote:
Durig the skype conversation, he said thingst that shows he's interested like, he wish we could spend more time together before i left, that after I go back to u.s, we should go places together etc. But I didn't respond to those words because i was being shy.
Then you say this -

Quote:
i just hope he didnt see it in a way that i was not interested....because i ignored his talk like we should go some place together. and when i said my hometown is nice he said that he wants to see it someday, i also ignored that. But i was otherwise talking to him very nicely.
So, first of all you claim you were "being shy" which is ridiculous as you were on a computer, and shyness is not something you have control over anyway.

Then you acknowledge you ignored his questions.

So - which is it? Shy?

Or intentionally being ignorant and avoidant?

I call it "game playing" and so, I'm guessing, does he.

You will never hear from him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships