Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:53 AM

20 posts, read 47,415 times

Advertisements

I had a date with this guy for one time and he asked to meet again but I had to go back to my home country for 1 month. So I give him my skype and we added each other. He contact me a few days after on skype and we IMed on skype breifly and I had to go out so we finished the conversation.

A few days after the converstaion, I found out that he blocked me on skype.

He seem like a nice and polite person, It doesnt make me feel good to be blocked without knowing what went wrong.

Durig the skype conversation, he said thingst that shows he's interested like, he wish we could spend more time together before i left, that after I go back to u.s, we should go places together etc. But I didn't respond to those words because i was being shy.

Like I said, he seem like a gentalman and he has always initiated the conversations. I was thinking of meeting him again when i get back to u.s.

Should I just move on or should I shoot him an email ask what's going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 08:03 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times
Lol move on. He already has apparently.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:08 AM

ouch, that's just not nice to show interests and then block that someone right after....

Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
He doesn't like you. Move on.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
He doesn't like you. Move on.
sorry for being obssesive....but if he doesn't like me, why did he ask for meeting again. and after I gave him my skype, he email me to ask if we could vedio chat on skype...

Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameunknown View Post
sorry for being obssesive....but if he doesn't like me, why did he ask for meeting again. and after I gave him my skype, he email me to ask if we could vedio chat on skype...
At first he wanted to talk to you, and then he didn't. Why? Maybe he started sleeping with his neighbor. Maybe he thinks you are uglier than he remembered. Maybe your were a rebound date to begin with and he got back with his girlfriend. Maybe he is gay and decided to stop living life as a lie. Maybe you said something that constitutes a deal breaker for him. Maybe he just wanted chat with you out of boredom. Maybe you gained weight and he is no longer attracted. Maybe he gained weight and is embarrassed.

At the end of the day the "why" does not matter. All that matters is that he no longer wishes to speak with you. Move on.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
On a less negative note perhaps he started taking your shyness for a lack of interest? Who knows. Given that it won't kill you, you could just pop him an email letting him know that you enjoyed your conversations and are having a wonderful time where ever you are. If he doesn't respond then that's that. I don't know what a skype block looks like, but sometimes I make myself invisible or take myself off line when I see my parents come on line. It will remain like that until I either restart my comp or get a call asking me what's up.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:34 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Or maybe his wife or GF got wise and did you a favor.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:36 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Move on and if he contacts you again see where it goes if you want, otherwise don't. Either way not a big loss as I see it, not much time, effort or energy invested so far.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameunknown View Post
I had a date with this guy for one time and he asked to meet again but I had to go back to my home country for 1 month. So I give him my skype and we added each other. He contact me a few days after on skype and we IMed on skype breifly and I had to go out so we finished the conversation.

A few days after the converstaion, I found out that he blocked me on skype.

He seem like a nice and polite person, It doesnt make me feel good to be blocked without knowing what went wrong.

Durig the skype conversation, he said thingst that shows he's interested like, he wish we could spend more time together before i left, that after I go back to u.s, we should go places together etc. But I didn't respond to those words because i was being shy.

Like I said, he seem like a gentalman and he has always initiated the conversations. I was thinking of meeting him again when i get back to u.s.

Should I just move on or should I shoot him an email ask what's going on?
Perhaps email him saying you would like to see him again. Tell him you were just shy when he asked.

Best of luck to you.

Have a beautiful day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships