Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:23 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times

Advertisements

It's usually men who haven't had much success with Western women who have the most negative attitudes towards women in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,661,613 times
As to Japanese women, never been to Japan, would one day like to. Tokyo looks like being trapped in a pinball machine.

But I shacked up with a Japanese girl on a student exchange from Japan. The real deal. She had a circle of japanese female friends. All from Japan. All spoke Japanese and english only with thick accents.

Listening to them speak, my impressions of the Japanese were they were even more status obsessed and yes money obsessed than the average western girl.

But here's the thing, even the most status obsessed and money grubbing girl will go dutch with you if she's crazy about you.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:42 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
I can say this for certain...I wait tables in Manhattan at two different bars where I see WM/AF couples out for drinks and dinner every single evening and I've never once seen the female pick up the tab.

I have noticed also and I don't want to offend everyone because I notice all sorts of trends, but white men who tend to date Asian women also tend to be kind of cheap with the gratuity (not always, but often enough for me to notice).

Often with a BM/WF coupling the white female pays the tab and she's usually pretty generous with the gratuity.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:05 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,661,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Often with a BM/WF coupling the white female pays the tab and she's usually pretty generous with the gratuity.
Comes down to economic roles. My lawyer ended up taking me out after she won a case for me (she was paid by the government lol). She wanted to go to this restaurant and ended up getting the bill for me knowing she made well more than me.

My impressions was that she was living a "fantasy." Going out and having an affair (she was married at the time) with this poorer black guy.

A lot of white girls seem to stereotype black people into those roles. Maybe something similar happens in japan where a lot of white guys go on a dime to bang asian *****

Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
It's usually men who haven't had much success with Western women who have the most negative attitudes towards women in general.
So for all the women who have said men only want sex, can we say they all give it up easily and therefore think that is all men want?

I date western women just fine regardless of certain differences I see in them. It's all good. I have my preferences still.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:15 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Now if it's my birthday then obviously it's my day. Same thing vice-versa.

I agree with Jenna Marbles. Your birthday and whatever December holiday you celebrate are the only gift-giving occasions. Everything else is a voluntary nicety and should not be expected or be criteria for whether someone is worthy of dating.

This is NSFW owing to F-bombs, so either put headphones on or watch it at home.

Girls That **** Me Off - YouTube

I am so tired of princess mentalities. I don't pursue men because I don't give enough of a rat's arse about romance and dating when I'm single to do so. But if I were interested in one, I'd ask him out. Likewise, I've been the breadwinner and the bill-payer, and I know what it's like to feel like I've been taken advantage of for my kindness and would not want a man to feel that way about me.

HOWEVER, I'm not about to tit-for-tat a relationship, either. My philosophy is "each according to their means." If there is a huge disparity in income where one is struggling to get by, I don't see how the other can expect that person to "keep up" with funding dates and entertainment, so it's on the more financially secure person to foot the bill if he or she wants to go somewhere fancy. If not, then expect to hear, "Sorry, but I can't afford that." So you can either go find someone who makes as much money as you do, or you can suck it up, pay the tab, and for the love of all that is holy, shut the ever-loving hell up. No one is holding a gun to your head telling you who to date.

Likewise, I believe that dates (NOT established relationships) are equivalent to hosting a guest. Male or female, if someone is your guest, you pay for them. Some of the men on this thread are as bad as, if not worse than, the entitled princesses. If you want to go out with someone, ask her, but expect that you will pick up the tab. If you can't afford it, either go somewhere you CAN afford or don't ask someone out at all. The world doesn't owe you a girlfriend or a date any more than the world owes a princess a manicure and Louboutin heels.

There are a lot of whiny babies on here. Seriously.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM

601 posts, read 758,750 times
much to my hesitation, i agree with this *****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I agree with Jenna Marbles. Your birthday and whatever December holiday you celebrate are the only gift-giving occasions. Everything else is a voluntary nicety and should not be expected or be criteria for whether someone is worthy of dating.

This is NSFW owing to F-bombs, so either put headphones on or watch it at home.

Girls That **** Me Off - YouTube

I am so tired of princess mentalities. I don't pursue men because I don't give enough of a rat's arse about romance and dating when I'm single to do so. But if I were interested in one, I'd ask him out. Likewise, I've been the breadwinner and the bill-payer, and I know what it's like to feel like I've been taken advantage of for my kindness and would not want a man to feel that way about me.

HOWEVER, I'm not about to tit-for-tat a relationship, either. My philosophy is "each according to their means." If there is a huge disparity in income where one is struggling to get by, I don't see how the other can expect that person to "keep up" with funding dates and entertainment, so it's on the more financially secure person to foot the bill if he or she wants to go somewhere fancy. If not, then expect to hear, "Sorry, but I can't afford that." So you can either go find someone who makes as much money as you do, or you can suck it up, pay the tab, and for the love of all that is holy, shut the ever-loving hell up. No one is holding a gun to your head telling you who to date.

Likewise, I believe that dates (NOT established relationships) are equivalent to hosting a guest. Male or female, if someone is your guest, you pay for them. Some of the men on this thread are as bad as, if not worse than, the entitled princesses. If you want to go out with someone, ask her, but expect that you will pick up the tab. If you can't afford it, either go somewhere you CAN afford or don't ask someone out at all. The world doesn't owe you a girlfriend or a date any more than the world owes a princess a manicure and Louboutin heels.

There are a lot of whiny babies on here. Seriously.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-28-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships