Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
She's no supermodel, but she's not supposed to be. She's a regular woman who looks just as good as all the other regular women who get married every day. The putdowns are really unnecessary, but expected.
I agree. But to me she isn't attractive. She isn't ugly, but she just isn't a woman I find beautiful. And my stating my opinion about not thinking she was attractive means I put her down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 07:18 PM

734 posts, read 932,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It doesn't matter. The odds of exclusively seeking black men for long term relationships and marriage are no better.
Actually, truth be told, in the U.S., a black woman has a better chance of finding an educated, family oriented, employed white man, than an equally educated, family oriented, employed black man for a relationship/marriage...

Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Actually, truth be told, in the U.S., a black woman has a better chance of finding an educated, family oriented, employed white man, than an equally educated, family oriented, employed black man for a relationship/marriage...
Does the average U.S. white male have a better chance of finding an educated, family oriented, employed black woman than an equally educated, family oriented, employed white woman for relationship/marriage?

What about an Asian woman? Does an educated, family oriented, employed white male have a better chance of finding an equally educated, family oriented, employed Asian female or a black female with similar attributes?

The answer to the above questions, may answer some of the other questions here.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Why is this even a question in 2012?

Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
I always laugh when Caribbean people comment negatively about 'African Americans,' because more often than not, many Caribbean immigrants are impoverished. When they immigrate to the U.S., most tend to reside in low income communities w/ other disproportionately poor black people. Since most do not have access to middle/upper income black American neighborhoods, many mistakenly believe that the majority of black Americans are ignorant & low income.

Please take a little time to study the history of the black American elite in the U.S.

Also, realize that Caribbean & African people can not really talk about black Americans, because much of Africa and the Caribbean are unfortunately in squalor. People in glass houses, really shouldn't attempt to throw any stones.
Thank you for posting. You beat me to it.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sorry I assumed you were both black/white mixes. Yup that is more different than similar. Especially is she is "hispanic" = "Mexican" vs from the Caribbean.

(I also consider Dominican or Puerto Rican or Haitian and African-American to be interracial couples as well)
Intercultural, but not interracial.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Does the average U.S. white male have a better chance of finding an educated, family oriented, employed black woman than an equally educated, family oriented, employed white woman for relationship/marriage?

What about an Asian woman? Does an educated, family oriented, employed white male have a better chance of finding an equally educated, family oriented, employed Asian female or a black female with similar attributes?

The answer to the above questions, may answer some of the other questions here.
Well, yes, there are ample numbers of educated, family oriented black women in the U.S, especially in major metropolitan areas with thriving economies. In places like New York City & Washington DC, it's not unusual to meet a sizable number of highly educated black women with ivy league/elite credentials.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,684 times
Quote:
This is true, but only because there are significantly more white men than black men in this country, thus by default (number-wise) there would be MORE white men that are employed, with college educations and family values than there are black men with same said attributes. However in terms of having a "better" chance of snagging a white man with these attributes--well I think that's subjective. I know black women that find it easier to find black men with attributes like these and find that in the areas they live in it's harder to date WM(I just read a thread about this from a black woman that lives in Chicago). On the other hand there are black women in other states that sing a different tune--they come across more white men with these attributes than black men. It just depends. However just looking at statistics and numbers, black women are more likely to get married to black men, than they are white men or any other nonblack men, and white men are more likely to get married to white women than any other race. So on some level black women, who are married, typically are married to black men, which means that even if it's true that a black woman has a better chance of finding white men with these qualities they still tend to marry black men on a larger scale.

I personally never had an issue finding black men with the above attributes... I don't know... I know that on Citydata it's often discussed that a lot of black women can't find black men with these attributes-where as these same women have admitted to meeting and dating plenty of white men with these attributes so based on this I'm assuming that there is a growing portion of black women that DO have a better chance at meeting white men that will marry them more so than black men. It's sad to me, only because I find black men super attractive, and would feel sad if I were a single woman that wasn't attracted to white men(for instance) but yet could not meet a black man that had himself together.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,661,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I would have assumed from the top down ... like this song I first heard
It's from your head to your toes And this is now the song of this thread:

Old 09-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
This is true, but only because there are significantly more white men than black men in this country, thus by default (number-wise) there would be MORE white men that are employed, with college educations and family values than there are black men with same said attributes. However in terms of having a "better" chance of snagging a white man with these attributes--well I think that's subjective. I know black women that find it easier to find black men with attributes like these and find that in the areas they live in it's harder to date WM(I just read a thread about this from a black woman that lives in Chicago). On the other hand there are black women in other states that sing a different tune--they come across more white men with these attributes than black men. It just depends. However just looking at statistics and numbers, black women are more likely to get married to black men, than they are white men or any other nonblack men, and white men are more likely to get married to white women than any other race. So on some level black women, who are married, typically are married to black men, which means that even if it's true that a black woman has a better chance of finding white men with these qualities they still tend to marry black men on a larger scale.

I personally never had an issue finding black men with the above attributes... I don't know... I know that on Citydata it's often discussed that a lot of black women can't find black men with these attributes-where as these same women have admitted to meeting and dating plenty of white men with these attributes so based on this I'm assuming that there is a growing portion of black women that DO have a better chance at meeting white men that will marry them more so than black men. It's sad to me, only because I find black men super attractive, and would feel sad if I were a single woman that wasn't attracted to white men(for instance) but yet could not meet a black man that had himself together.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you mention that you're biracial? Perhaps this explains why you are so enthralled w/ black men and vice versa. Many biracial women are very much sought after for marriage/relationships by upper income black men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships