Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:52 AM

971 posts, read 1,452,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't have to have hope because I'm not dating anyone and not looking to anyways....and I'm not saying you go in with the mindset of 'this is all going to end badly' but on the flip side makes no sense to do the opposite either, which is what I see most people doing. they are unrealistic and exaggerate about the longevity and prospects of the whole situation. But as I said before it's considered 'acceptable' to be that way. I just don't get it is all and seems like a complete waste of time on both ends. Now does any of this affect me personally? No, but for the sake of conversation and the topic at hand....
I'm with you on the not looking to date anyone. If you are happy with your life, more power to you.

Having been married for 53 1/2 years before cancer killed her I am not looking either.

Should true love come your way, look out as it hits you like a ton of bricks. You won't know what hit you.

In the meantime, enjoy each day as one never knows what the next will bring into your life. IMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 10:09 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
I'm with you on the not looking to date anyone. If you are happy with your life, more power to you.

Having been married for 53 1/2 years before cancer killed her I am not looking either.

Should true love come your way, look out as it hits you like a ton of bricks. You won't know what hit you.

In the meantime, enjoy each day as one never knows what the next will bring into your life. IMHO

I am not looking for anything and it's not going to 'hit me like a ton of bricks.' I am 32 not 22 and that ship has sailed. if you do indeed live your life like you never know what's next, that's fine. I know what's next and that's the same as every other day more or less.

that is ashame about your wife. but like a few of these people on here that got married way back when like yourself, it's just not like that anymore. I'm sorry, men today has all of these options and most of them do not care about sticking with one woman because they simply don't have to. That's why they jump from one to the other.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
The formula:

Person's Income/Value of Ring times the size of their (boob or dong) divided by their age, and convert that into minutes multiplied by their bad habits.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
The formula:

Person's Income/Value of Ring times the size of their (boob or dong) divided by their age, and convert that into minutes multiplied by their bad habits.
I came up with .38 for my late hubby and I. No clue what that means, but we were inseparable after our second date, which was 8 hours after the end of the first.

I think infatuation/"puppy love" happens quickly as does the knowledge of whether or not this is someone you want to spend more time with and can see a future with. Real, enduring love, however, grows over time.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:43 AM

629 posts, read 1,233,630 times
Infatuation is a drug. You can compare the symptoms of someone heavily infatuated with someone addicted to any drug.Many people become addicted and go most of their life looking for their next "fix". Be it with the same person or someone else who gives them the sam "high". This isn't love although many people believe it is. When you can ween yourself off of the drug so that you see things as they truly are, then you can determine whether or not you are in love. If the drug is gone and you still believe you love the person, then that love is real.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:54 AM

629 posts, read 1,233,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I am not looking for anything and it's not going to 'hit me like a ton of bricks.' I am 32 not 22 and that ship has sailed. if you do indeed live your life like you never know what's next, that's fine. I know what's next and that's the same as every other day more or less.

that is ashame about your wife. but like a few of these people on here that got married way back when like yourself, it's just not like that anymore. I'm sorry, men today has all of these options and most of them do not care about sticking with one woman because they simply don't have to. That's why they jump from one to the other.
Yikes, someone must of done a number on you. I'm sorry you lost faith in love and men. Yes all men have hundreds of options. Even if we did that doesn't mean no man can choose a woman who chooses him to spend the rest of their lives together. Love is illogical because what sane person would willingly make their lives more difficult when being single is working out just fine? You made. Your choice is based on whatever you believe is the truth. With this mindset you will live a normal life but you might miss out on some exciting experiences. You may not care and to each its own.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:02 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Quote:
Is it possible to have strong feelings for someone with in a matter of weeks?
Sure, but I would not call that "love," I would call it sexual attraction or infatuation. But you will run into many people who firmly believe in "love at first sight" and will say it happened to them. In those instances, what happened was they were physically attracted to the person at first sight and just happened to then speak to them, develop a relationship and remain together.

IMO, no one can love someone they do not know. It's impossible. And people who confuse sexual attraction fore love generally don't have successful marriages. Once the frequency and intensity of the sex wears off, there ain't nothin' left for them.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Yikes, someone must of done a number on you. I'm sorry you lost faith in love and men. Yes all men have hundreds of options. Even if we did that doesn't mean no man can choose a woman who chooses him to spend the rest of their lives together. Love is illogical because what sane person would willingly make their lives more difficult when being single is working out just fine? You made. Your choice is based on whatever you believe is the truth. With this mindset you will live a normal life but you might miss out on some exciting experiences. You may not care and to each its own.

I didn't say they had hundreds of options. I said they are quick to dismiss some women for others because they have more choices then that person who got married 53 years ago. I don't see how you can even disagree with that statement.

I don't sit around thinking about 'exciting experiences' involving men; that's a bunch of coulda, shoulda, woulda IMO. so who cares about that?

My point was: they often 'choose' these partners and don't stay together the so called rest of their lives.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:10 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
From the very first instant you lay eyes on her to the very last instant you lay eyes on her.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
From the very first instant you lay eyes on her to the very last instant you lay eyes on her.
This is beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships