Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 03:32 PM

26 posts, read 42,465 times

Advertisements

No, I haven't spoken to her since.
Last time we spoke to eachother was sunday evening. We did have set plans for friday, but she can't make it.

It's difficult to stop thinking about her, and believe me, I've tried. 'Cause I've never been so infatuated with anyone before, especially since I barely know her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 03:51 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
I'll tell you what I both miss and don't miss about being in my late teens/early twenties. At that point, if I were interested, I would have done exactly what she did there - walk past you with just the slightest smile and saunter off with my knees shaking. At that stage, I was still trying to act all cool and unaffected because I feared rejection or worried that the guy might think I was too interested, etc. It wasn't a game per se; it was a defense mechanism and came from lack of experience. I'm so glad that the fear dissipated and I could get much more open as I had more dating experiences. I was super sensitive, too (still am, actually) and would wonder what all of that meant. I think the best thing you can do is stay positive, be open with her, and enjoy the mystique. The mystique is what I miss about the dating dance.
I have to he honest, this post is very interesting, as I wish I could have read this or have a woman say this... oh about 15-18 years ago. Especially the bolded. Haha

Old 09-25-2012, 04:39 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I have to he honest, this post is very interesting, as I wish I could have read this or have a woman say this... oh about 15-18 years ago. Especially the bolded. Haha
Yes that post is what I would've advised too if I could've been bothered.

The whole thing smacks of hurt feelings and inexperience.

OP - quit with the text messaging and guessing/assumptions ok? They will never serve you well, either now or in the future. The direct approach is ALWAYS best and will save you hours of agony and wondering.

If you get a knock back - meh. So does everyone...it's character building, you will survive.

There's a song, not sure who sung it originally, but the chorus always stayed with me, great advice for the broken hearted of any age -

"forget about the last one, get yourself another one"

Old 09-25-2012, 04:48 PM

158 posts, read 382,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistekis View Post
Ok, so I've been at college for 2 weeks, and I'm completely infatuated by a girl there. I can't stop thinking about her, to the point that I can't focus in class and I'm losing sleep.
Anyway. We went out the other day, I met her after work, we spent about an hour talking to each other before she wanted to go home. She asked me how I was getting home, and offered to wait at the bus stop for me. But I said that she didn't need to worry about me and I offered to walk her home. She said I could if I wanted to, and that she would invite me in but every one is at home. When we got to her place, she said I needed to message her when I get home to let her know that I got home safely. So I did that.
We had plans to go out for a drink on Friday, but she said she couldn't because of her brother's birthday. She also said she wanted to make up for it by going out for a meal and a drink, or going out after college. I said that was fine, she just needed to let me know to sort out my hours at work. --
College the next day. Over a break, I was waiting for my friend who was using the toilets, with 2 other people, and her group of friends were walking over. I was looking to see if I could see her, and have some form of eye contact with her. When she approached, I looked her in the eye and did a small smile. She glanced at me, did the shortest and smallest smile, then looked away, didn't say anything and continued to walk past.
I was quite upset, so I questioned my friend about how she could be very friendly with me the previous day, then the next day ignore me. My friend told me that she probably didn't understand and was shy of what they might think of me.
I'm really confused, and interested in her, but I don't want to pursue her if she's not interested. Opinions on this and what I should do please.
I did the same thing with my husband after our first date: I asked him to let me know when he gets home because I wanted to make sure he got there safe; and I was really into him
We were pretty young, too, still in college, just about 21-22.
The fact that she only smiled when you met after that can mean that she is as nervous as you are. Here is a secret that might make your life easier: us, girls, tend to be shy, the more we like a guy, the more we try to hide it when we are still very young and afraid of the "shame" of being found out - just like blazejen said, really.
Call her, ask her out again, see how it goes. The best part about being so young is the fact that you haven't been dating enough to know all the exhausting games people play when dating: the "how long before I call her", the "being exclusive" talk etc...
Everything is still new and fresh and you should enjoy it because it is a great time of your life.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Ok, so I've been at college for 2 weeks, and I'm completely infatuated by a girl there. I can't stop thinking about her, to the point that I can't focus in class and I'm losing sleep.
Anyway. We went out the other day, I met her after work, we spent about an hour talking to each other before she wanted to go home. She asked me how I was getting home, and offered to wait at the bus stop for me. But I said that she didn't need to worry about me and I offered to walk her home. She said I could if I wanted to, and that she would invite me in but every one is at home. When we got to her place, she said I needed to message her when I get home to let her know that I got home safely. So I did that.
We had plans to go out for a drink on Friday, but she said she couldn't because of her brother's birthday. She also said she wanted to make up for it by going out for a meal and a drink, or going out after college. I said that was fine, she just needed to let me know to sort out my hours at work. --
College the next day. Over a break, I was waiting for my friend who was using the toilets, with 2 other people, and her group of friends were walking over. I was looking to see if I could see her, and have some form of eye contact with her. When she approached, I looked her in the eye and did a small smile. She glanced at me, did the shortest and smallest smile, then looked away, didn't say anything and continued to walk past.
I was quite upset, so I questioned my friend about how she could be very friendly with me the previous day, then the next day ignore me. My friend told me that she probably didn't understand and was shy of what they might think of me.
I'm really confused, and interested in her, but I don't want to pursue her if she's not interested. Opinions on this and what I should do please.
I'd say she does like you, or at least is considering you. Don't take the "small smile and move on deal" too heavily. People often have their "off days." There were times when I seemed rather cold with someone that I was rather open with the other day. Often times, when they seem a little "distant", they probably have other concerns or they have a little bit on their mind.

Then again, it is too soon to tell.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
It does concern me that she keeps canceling when she is supposed to meet you. Don't give up yet, try to talk to her on the phone in the next day or two and see how she sounds, maybe set up a time to meet again.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:41 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Go all in.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM

26 posts, read 42,465 times
Well, I think people are right in saying that it won't end well. Thanks everyone for your responses, I really do appreciate it.

I feel like I should just tell her how I feel, but I'm not the type of person to do this over social networking sites, or on the phone. It was difficult to meet up with her the first time, and I don't want to appear obsessive. I don't know if it's worth leaving it for some time, and if she contacts me in the interim, we might be able to arrange a time to meet. If that happens, then I think I'll tell her how I feel.

I don't know how open she is about dating someone she's known for a short period of time, since she told me about another guy who was only interested in her for the sex, and she rejected. But never said it was about the amount of time she knew him, it was just simply that he wasn't a nice person.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do please let me know.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
There's a good chance the shy smile/move on by the restrooms was due to her being caught off-guard by seeing you there. I'm guessing this isn't an everyday occurrence that she would have been anticipating? As for not inviting you in, this was the first date and she may not be ready to announce it to the world-especially if her last experience was not a good one.

Here's the bottom line: if she likes you, she will make time to see you. I think that's pretty universal, actually. College is a pretty busy time, as you know. Instead of a traditional date, maybe ask if she wants to get together to study. Work on your homework or whatever for awhile and then suggest going for ice cream (or something) for a study break.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:34 AM

633 posts, read 723,691 times
Quote:
What are you whining about for? She just did EXACTLY what you did right you smiled, she smiled?! If you would have like her to talk to you then you should have talk to her FIRST! Since it's YOU who saw her first! Wow. You a virgin no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships