Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

I guess it depends on which ex. I feel nothing for my ex wife & I'm starting to feel less & less for an old flame the rest of the women who I've had a relationship with I don't even think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I went through stages:

Hate,
Anger,
Resentful of myself for being so stupid,
And, now ... I could care less ... I don't hate him, think about him much, miss him - I just don't care ... I hope he is somewhere happy and with someone. No one wants to be a lone forever.

And, my ex was a horrible human being- he was always lying to someone, cheating someone, stealing from someone and thought he was deserving of it .... He had someone rig his IRS taxes, and got back $10,000 one year. I almost fell over. He had a kid with a woman he never married, the woman had full custody, yet he claimed that kid fully. And, he never saw the kid - ever.
You deserve much better, darlin'.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:03 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
I went through stages:

Hate,
Anger,
Resentful of myself for being so stupid,
And, now ... I could care less ... I don't hate him, think about him much, miss him - I just don't care ... I hope he is somewhere happy and with someone. No one wants to be a lone forever.

And, my ex was a horrible human being- he was always lying to someone, cheating someone, stealing from someone and thought he was deserving of it .... He had someone rig his IRS taxes, and got back $10,000 one year. I almost fell over. He had a kid with a woman he never married, the woman had full custody, yet he claimed that kid fully. And, he never saw the kid - ever.
Relax. I'm here to tell you that the karma train is alive and well. Read my earlier post.

Anger, resentment, hate, etc. are simply wasted emotional energy better spent on more pleasant things.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
I could never feel absolutely nothing for someone with whom I've shared an intimate relationship with. This excludes one night stands. However, I don't have any strong feelings for any of them anymore. It doesn't mean that I don't care. It just means that I've moved on. However, there will always be somewhere in my memory/ mind/ heart whatever that will always wish good for some of them. If nothing else, I thank them for the memories that we have shared together. I can't forget all of the (for me) women who have helped to shape me into who I am today. I've learned something from every one of them, wheather the relationship was good or bad.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:47 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,983 times
Hawk J,

I hope you are right about the Karma train, because honestly, he was a horrible, horrible human being. And, I blamed myself for a long time for staying so long .... I removed myself from dating so I could take a good long look at myself, and ask why I liked people like him ....

He had terrible credit, and used my credit card, rang it up to a few thousand, and wouldn't pay it - I had/have excellent credit and paid if off on my own .... He never paid child support, but claimed his kid on his taxes fully .... he would buy personal items, not job related and write them off .... he found a man's Rolex at the gym one day, showed me, and kept it ... he said someone's loss, his gain. I always thought what is wrong with me that I turn my back, and ignore these moralless things he does.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:23 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Hawk J,

I hope you are right about the Karma train, because honestly, he was a horrible, horrible human being. And, I blamed myself for a long time for staying so long .... I removed myself from dating so I could take a good long look at myself, and ask why I liked people like him ....

He had terrible credit, and used my credit card, rang it up to a few thousand, and wouldn't pay it - I had/have excellent credit and paid if off on my own .... He never paid child support, but claimed his kid on his taxes fully .... he would buy personal items, not job related and write them off .... he found a man's Rolex at the gym one day, showed me, and kept it ... he said someone's loss, his gain. I always thought what is wrong with me that I turn my back, and ignore these moralless things he does.
Right idea. Wrong poster. Hawk J and I ain't interchangable.

What was wrong with you? Nothing more than the many of us who made excuses for our spouses over the years, or caused them to make excuses for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships