U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 PM

26,842 posts, read 28,061,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I prepare hot meals for my husband while he is out bringing home the bacon.
The important questions is, do your meals include bacon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 PM

3,653 posts, read 7,248,944 times
It's not important but it helps, sometimes I love cooking for my husband other times I hate it. I'm just a basic cook, taught myself to cook many things over the years, he loves my cooking. He cooks sometimes but I cook more, we eat out alot too. If your worried, get a cookbook and try new recipes.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,679,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
On another site I saw posts about how some men were into hispanics women because they're excellent cookers and kind of traditional.

However, I'm the exception to the rule. Though I'm hispanic, I only know how to fry things, make rice, use the microwave and apply basic survive cooking skills. But I can't prepare lentils nor any type of recipe (nothing complicated). Not so long ago, I was trying to make an elaborated soup and it tasted like hot water with salt: really horribly. I think I'm at level 3 out of 10 seriously.

So basically if I were cooking, all my plates would be either simple or repeated. The only time I would be varying would be in breakfast (that's more easier). Is this really that imporant anyways? I'm still going to learn more about culinary arts in my career during the 3rd year but wouldn't like this to become my daily routine. I would rather have this as a type of part-time business where you're assisting customers in serving them well-known dishes and explain its history, background, etc. (I'm going to focus more on hotel, tourism and business management part).

Being able to cook is an individual preferance for a lot of men and women. My Grandparents were married for more than 50 years and my Grandmother could not cook a darn thing without burning it but she could bake anything without a measure spoon, cup or recipe. My other Grandparents were married for more than 50 years and she could cook anything you wanted and it was always delicious but she could only bake 2 things that were edible, one was banana cake and the other was texas cake.

I cook at home more often than I go out but my cooking has been self taught, to me a recipe is a guideline that has to be tweaked to your individual tastes and it is not an absolute written in stone way to go. I have changed the ingredients for many recipes and found I liked my changes better than the original recipe. If you can cook great, if you can't you either keep trying until you get better at it or you are like my Grandmother and never master it. Either way your partner should accept you as you are and leave it at that, cooking skills or not.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 PM

40,817 posts, read 32,523,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The important questions is, do your meals include bacon.
LOL!

If that man wants bacon, and he brings it home, I will certainly cook it up for him!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 AM

15,088 posts, read 16,902,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
How important is being a good cook?
It is meaningless to me.

[i can cook - I don't need another]

Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 AM

16,487 posts, read 20,291,832 times
I know how to cook, but I would love to have a man that knew his way around the kitchen.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:53 AM

9,665 posts, read 8,296,161 times
To me it's the number one priority besides being cute with a nice smile and personality. I've come from a very long line of chefs, and the one advice, no, demand, I've been given by my mother is to find someone that can cook very well.

It seriously is nice to come home from a long day and find a delicious and healthy meal on the table.

With that said, I've been taught how to cook healthy meals from several different cultures. I expect at the very least someone at my level of cooking, but frankly, too many women my age haven't been taught to cook well enough. =(

Old 09-28-2012, 06:35 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,879,284 times
I'm sure my cooking has been the only thing keeping my husband from walking out the door on a few occasions. I love to cook, though. I wanted to be a chef at one point but the unforgiving schedule for classes didn't fit into my life when I looked. Anyway, I love blasting music and drinking wine while I cook. I also really enjoy it when my husband can join me in the kitchen and we can cook together. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it's nice. I would love to take a couple's cooking class with him.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:40 AM

6,034 posts, read 7,167,256 times
can you make sammiches? Then we are ok!

Old 09-28-2012, 06:42 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,383,967 times
Men don't care. They would rather be seen with a thin woman. Cooking is pretty far down on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships