U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,634,877 times

Advertisements

On another site I saw posts about how some men were into hispanics women because they're excellent cookers and kind of traditional.

However, I'm the exception to the rule. Though I'm hispanic, I only know how to fry things, make rice, use the microwave and apply basic survive cooking skills. But I can't prepare lentils nor any type of recipe (nothing complicated). Not so long ago, I was trying to make an elaborated soup and it tasted like hot water with salt: really horribly. I think I'm at level 3 out of 10 seriously.

So basically if I were cooking, all my plates would be either simple or repeated. The only time I would be varying would be in breakfast (that's more easier). Is this really that imporant anyways? I'm still going to learn more about culinary arts in my career during the 3rd year but wouldn't like this to become my daily routine. I would rather have this as a type of part-time business where you're assisting customers in serving them well-known dishes and explain its history, background, etc. (I'm going to focus more on hotel, tourism and business management part).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,503,841 times
In the past couple of years I have been cooking more. It takes time and practice. Look for simple meal that people think that it was complicated.

3,089 posts, read 6,645,113 times
What an (unintentionally) sexist post. Why is the expectation that women cook for men?

Do women choose men based on how they cook? It's not 1955 anymore.

I'm female and I have never prepared a meal in my life. Nor has my husband ever had the remotest expectation of this. Any man that expects their woman to cook for them is either living in the deep south or in a time warp back to the Eisenhower years. If a man wants a hot meal, why aren't they preparing it themselves?

6,621 posts, read 11,199,042 times
If you're a cute/hot Hispanic, I'll date you no matter what your cooking skill level is.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:18 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,634,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I know but sometimes you just bump into those posts. It's like it were some type of bonus to them.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 PM

17,868 posts, read 17,104,477 times
It's a nice bonus if I don't have to cook all the time.

I can cook. I can cook simple things, I can cook some complicated things. I can bake, too. I've learned how to cook because I have a wide pallete of tastes and I don't want to spend $30 every time I want to sate it lol.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM

9,018 posts, read 7,964,545 times
I'm just rediscovering my love for cooking; to me cooking is important.
I like to eat fresh, healthy, tasty foods, but don't wanna eat out & overpay.
So I cook...and a guy who knows his way around the kitchen gets major points w/ me

Old 09-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Cow

154 posts, read 167,358 times
Quote:
What an (unintentionally) sexist post. Why is the expectation that women cook for men?

I'm female and I have never prepared a meal in my life. Nor has my husband ever had the remotest expectation of this. Any man that expects their woman to cook for them is either living in the deep south or in a time warp back to the Eisenhower years. If a man wants a hot meal, why aren't they preparing it themselves?
I'm glad you posted that. Because after reading that I knew I couldn't take anything more you said, seriously.

Never prepared a meal in your life. Sheesh.

I don't care if it's 1955 or not, all the guys I know love a woman who knows how to cook. It's just that simple.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:46 PM

788 posts, read 1,023,406 times
Quote:

How do you eat?!

I don't consider cooking for your man (or family or friends) to be a sexist thing, but more of a healthy lifestyle and an activity that promotes community or love. Going out to eat with a significant other, family or friends can be a lot of fun, especially if you go to special place and don't have to clean up afterwards. But preparing a meal for or with people you care about can be a lot of fun. Plus, no one is anxiously awaiting your departure, so they can serve the next round of guests - that means you get to hang out as long as you want!

My friends and I had a potluck this summer instead of going to lunch. Good thing because we had so much fun that it was 10pm before we realized it! Preparing something also gave us time to plan and look forward to our get together. We can't wait to do it again.

I'm single right now, but I loved being able to cook healthy meals for my ex. And I loved it when he attempted to do the same for me. I also really enjoy preparing healthy meals for my family because I know they're eating something that's good for them and will help keep them around me longer. Otherwise, they eat fast food.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,602,280 times
It is #747 on my list of wants in a mate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships