Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,510 times

Advertisements

Yeah, if you can, take a day off from work and go treat yourself. It's YOUR special day. I don't remember much about Denver (only been there once, when I was 13 years old) but I'm sure there's plenty of stuff to do.

In the long term, get yourself some initiative, and do whatever is necessary to overcome whatever's preventing you from befriending others, so that you can make some friends. Even if it's just 1 or 2 friends...the number doesn't matter. Being a loner in moderation is OK, but generally speaking it is unhealthy to be friendless. And if you eventually want to date some woman, be mindful that for most women, you having no friends is a major red flag.

IMO, the older one gets, the harder it is to make friends and get into others' existing social circles...so don't procrastinate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Being a loner in moderation is OK, but generally speaking it is unhealthy to be friendless. And if you eventually want to date some woman, be mindful that for most women, you having no friends is a major red flag.
This is very true. It's a complaint I've heard from my friends repeatedly: "He doesn't have any friends." That never bodes well.

Meetup.org has been awesome. So has having dogs - this is a very dog-oriented town. I've even made friends over C-D (you know who you are). I've also met people at concerts at Red Rocks (most amazing venue EVER!).

Old 09-30-2012, 09:57 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I tend to do something selfish on my b-day. Or lots of selfish stuff:
1. Do something pampering: massage, pedicure, spa day or whatever
2. Go somewhere that everyone else has ditched me on: see the movie no one else wants to see.... go to the museum no one else is into....hang out at the bookstore for 2 hours
3. Eat somewhere interesting (you can always get takeout and take it to the park or whatever). I tend to get something no one else wanted to try... Or I'll cook something awesome. This year I made ahi poke for myself. It is totally a splurge meal...but totally worth it.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
masturbate and eat a cupcake.
He can do that the other 364 days of the year. This post is so you. You can save the funny sarcasm for other threads.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
He can do that the other 364 days of the year. This post is so you. You can save the funny sarcasm for other threads.
Given the fact that there are some really awesome cupcake shops around here, it's not exactly a bad suggestion.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
My lonerdom is mainly by choice. I have a bunch of friends here now, but I hang out on my own a lot, too. There's a cute little restaurant where they know me around the corner, and sometimes I'll just take a book on over there and have a quiet, low-key dinner. Sometimes the owners will come out and chat, and that's nice. But mostly I just read and people watch, and enjoy the food, which is inevitably awesome.

But I'm always up for meeting new people. Yo, OP, DM me if you wanna hang.
Maybe you can introduce him to some local places, just a friendly get together.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes he could. I added the cupcake for the birthday part to set it apart from the other 364 days.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Give yourself a great present and make some friends.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:18 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I've also met people at concerts at Red Rocks (most amazing venue EVER!).
slightly unrelated to the topic but good grief, Colorado just sounds like one of the greatest places ever to exist. I wanna move to CO (or WA) so badly.

OP, go rent a sporty car like a Mustang or Camaro for the day and just go for a drive. Go out to the countryside and get lost for a while. Windows down, music optional. Look for the winding roads. Don't go TOO fast, you wanna come home in one piece. Just enough to get some adrenaline going though. Hell, you could go out to some really scenic part of the countryside. If you're near a body of water then go there and just relax for a while.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
slightly unrelated to the topic but good grief, Colorado just sounds like one of the greatest places ever to exist. I wanna move to CO (or WA) so badly.
I highly recommend it. It kicks the east coast's butt bigtime. The lack of humidity alone is worth it, imho.

Oh, and pot's legal here. I don't partake, but I think that's really cool.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled postings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships