U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2012, 02:02 AM

2,562 posts, read 1,847,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
I didn't know that being equal = being masculine.

In my experience to most American men 'being equal = being masculine' as women who don't want to be commanded, controlled, dictated, or subservient to a man are being masculine. It seems men dislike equality when it comes to women unless that equality is 'equal but different (aka he's in control and the leader)'.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 AM

19,126 posts, read 23,336,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Not exactly.

I was always one of the white knight, girlfriend guys....until I got screwed over a bunch of times.

Now, I see things for what they are. I figured why should everybody else have all of the fun while I'm stressing over girls that constantly lie to me? Needless to say, things are fun now

And I'm from New York, hun. I doubt Cali girls have looser morals than the girls out here.
Good for you. I was raised to be a nice girl, to treat others with respect regardless of what they looked like or even acted like. My parents told me that whatever I put out into the universe I would get back tenfold so I was hopeful, sweet, nice to nearly everyone and above all respectful.

That's changed because I was giving out good vibes and getting used and abused in the process. Most people will only take advantage of you because they simply don't care about you.

And don't call me 'hun'. I'm nobody's 'hun'. Like I said, have fun banging loose chicks out on the west coast, there's plenty to go around. They seem to have more luck with finding boyfriends than women like me. Of course, then you can both cheat on each other when someone better comes around! It's so heartwarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Do me a small favor and point to the area in the united states with a high concentration of attractive nonreligious women with high morals?
Northern Bay area California. Fairfax/San Rafael over to Sebestopol.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:06 AM

9,665 posts, read 7,320,070 times
Quote:
How about you do yourself a favor by not making yourself look like an ignoramous by generalizing?
In not generalizing, I just want an attractive single woman that has high morals and doesn't attend church. Jockey knows that the women in California are attractive with loose morals so in wondering if she knows anything about attractive women with high moral standards. Problem with people with high moral standards is that they tend to attend a temple of some kind, and i am not big on supporting organized religion for personal reasons.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
In not generalizing, I just want an attractive single woman that has high morals and doesn't attend church. Jockey knows that the women in California are attractive with loose morals so in wondering if she knows anything about attractive women with high moral standards. Problem with people with high moral standards is that they tend to attend a temple of some kind, and i am not big on supporting organized religion for personal reasons.
Sorry, everyone is loose. The only way you're gonna find a virgin girl is dating a 15 year old and keeping her sheltered until she's old enough for you to bang legally. Even if you do find an older woman who says she's a virgin, she's probably lying just to get your attention and has been ridden like the town bicycle. Stay in the hippie communities and find a young'un and wait it out. That's the only way it's gonna work.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:14 AM

3,634 posts, read 4,358,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Here's a Livestrong article that addresses it.

Why Do Women Initiate Divorce? | LIVESTRONG.COM

In a nutshell: they've outgrown their husband, they don't need him around for financial stability and they know they will win custody (which seems like a crappy reason to me).
Just read the article. Thanks for posting it and yes it does seem that lots of the women in the study are divorcing for reasons that are self centered, but in contrast I would like to also see why the 34% of men who initiate divorce do it as well. It's interesting to see the stats and the common reasons for why people do things. I know that not every woman or man who has divorced falls in line with the stats, but still it shows trends in how society thinks and how individuals are influenced by what they see or hear. For instance the way TV shows like Jersey Shore got a portion of society who without the knowledge of that show would have took a different path, but after being fans they now have certain ideas in thier heads about what right and wrong is when sex is mentioned. The same goes for divorce and the way men or women hear from thier friends about experiences and they kind of become of the same mindset to an extent and maybe what they hear may be the final thing that pushes them to also make the decision of initiating divorce.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:15 AM

1,787 posts, read 1,642,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I agree, even though I could get ridiculed for agreeing with the truth. It is sad how it's all around us, but yet they tell us we are crazy to think like this. I see it everyday, but yet they wonder why men are becoming more feminine and being stripped of what we knew as manly ways growing up. You keep talking about white knights, I don't know what that is, can u explain a little bit about it? Thanks.
Do You Have White Knight Syndrome? | Paging Dr. NerdLove

Old 10-01-2012, 02:15 AM

3,943 posts, read 3,228,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post

In my experience to most American men 'being equal = being masculine' as women who don't want to be commanded, controlled, dictated, or subservient to a man are being masculine. It seems men dislike equality when it comes to women unless that equality is 'equal but different (aka he's in control and the leader)'.
Fortunately, I think most evolved people understand what true equality really means. They're not sitting behind a computer screen spewing their gender hate.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:18 AM

1,787 posts, read 1,642,202 times
Quote:
Fortunately, I think most evolved people understand what true equality really means. They're not sitting behind a computer screen spewing their gender hate.
By "evolved", do you mean "people that agree with me"?

LOL nice try.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Just read the article. Thanks for posting it and yes it does seem that lots of the women in the study are divorcing for reasons that are self centered, but in contrast I would like to also see why the 34% of men who initiate divorce do it as well. It's interesting to see the stats and the common reasons for why people do things. I know that not every woman or man who has divorced falls in line with the stats, but still it shows trends in how society thinks and how individuals are influenced by what they see or hear. For instance the way TV shows like Jersey Shore got a portion of society who without the knowledge of that show would have took a different path, but after being fans they now have certain ideas in thier heads about what right and wrong is when sex is mentioned. The same goes for divorce and the way men or women hear from thier friends about experiences and they kind of become of the same mindset to an extent and maybe what they hear may be the final thing that pushes them to also make the decision of initiating divorce.
Agreed. Any women's reasons for divorce are self centered, but men's are a-ok. They're men, they're heads of household so THEY get to decide when a divorce is proper. Women can't possibly know when they're happy or not, they have to wait around until their man gets home from work so he can sit down and tell her and she can act accordingly.

If either party is not happy, let them get divorced. Since I will not be in those statistics nor will I date a man who is a part of those statistics it's not my problem.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:19 AM

9,665 posts, read 7,320,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sorry, everyone is loose. The only way you're gonna find a virgin girl is dating a 15 year old and keeping her sheltered until she's old enough for you to bang legally. Even if you do find an older woman who says she's a virgin, she's probably lying just to get your attention and has been ridden like the town bicycle. Stay in the hippie communities and find a young'un and wait it out. That's the only way it's gonna work.
I don't care about virginity i care about being a good person and not doing drugs and not lying or cheating on people or having sex outside relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.