Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Seriously, how many of these types of women have you known? I agree they are not posting bulletin point checklist because they don't have to, in fact, they don't have to do much of anything besides put themselves in the company of men. If they LOOK at a man possibly smile, he will think that is invitation to approach and trust me, he will.

I am telling you they are more picky then the average woman. I'm not saying there aren't some delusional below average looking women who make up lists like that, but if you think these very attractive women are 'less picky,' you are fooling yourself. LOL.

And not for nothing: listing your standards such as "he has to have a job" and "no criminal record" etc. isn't to demonstrate you are desirable, it's to weed out the no good men.
The checklists aren't about the man having a job or no criminal record, most of them list height as a dealbreaker and use code words like ambitious and financially stable. It's easy to see through the codewords.

No doubt attractive women are more pickier but they can afford to be. If you have a guy approaching you every hour, you can and should reject him for any slight imperfection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
The checklists aren't about the man having a job or no criminal record, most of them list height as a dealbreaker and use code words like ambitious and financially stable. It's easy to see through the codewords.

No doubt attractive women are more pickier but they can afford to be. If you have a guy approaching you every hour, you can and should reject him for any slight imperfection.

so just like someone said in another thread (nyanna I think) attractive women get a pass for displaying ugly or otherwise rude behavior. the only reason why they can 'afford' to walk all over men, is because men have told them it's acceptable and they will still grovel over them either way.

Just because you don't see a checklist you think the attractive women don't list lack of 'financial stability' and 'height' as deal breakers?? Sorry, but yes they do. the average woman would take a shorter man that has a 9 to 5, run of the mill job/pay before the very attractive woman ever would. They would only take him if he's short & rich. There's a reason you don't see them married to short and '9 to 5' salary.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Absolutely, because they can. Oh and Doll eyes is right on everything in this thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:31 PM

499 posts, read 756,436 times
Quote:
so just like someone said in another thread (nyanna I think) attractive women get a pass for displaying ugly or otherwise rude behavior. the only reason why they can 'afford' to walk all over men, is because men have told them it's acceptable and they will still grovel over them either way.

Just because you don't see a checklist you think the attractive women don't list lack of 'financial stability' and 'height' as deal breakers?? Sorry, but yes they do. the average woman would take a shorter man that has a 9 to 5, run of the mill job/pay before the very attractive woman ever would. They would only take him if he's short & rich. There's a reason you don't see them married to short and '9 to 5' salary.
I disagree as attractive is very subjective and I've dated and had relationships that people have said I had no business being with (i.e. she was way too attractive for me). Maybe I'm the exception? (me being shorter than average).

But I agree that attractive women have the "right" to be super picky if they choose and men do give them a free pass. My best friend always confronts a guy who complains about women problems (as in a guy is going out with a pretty woman and she's giving him grief) with the question, "Okay, how hot is she?". Meaning , if she wasn't attractive, he wouldn't put up with the crap lol.

Women are guilty of this. They'd def put up with more of Mr. 6'5's crap over Mr. 5'7. Purely anecdotal, but I see it all the time. This guy a friend of mine is seeing has 4 kids from 4 diff women, works odd construction jobs, gets SSI, lives in his mother's house, is about 33.......................... but is 6'4 and buff. The ladies can't get enough of him (because all of the women he messes with knows he's seeing/sleeping with other women).

Hey, that's Brooklyn for you! All of the women he pulls are HOT.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Absolutely, because they can. Oh and Doll eyes is right on everything in this thread

well we tend to agree on these matters, LOL. At least you have the 'balls' to admit how men favor very attractive women over others, instead of insisting all they want is some semi cute 'plain jane in sweat pants.'

Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
well we tend to agree on these matters, LOL. At least you have the 'balls' to admit how men favor very attractive women over others, instead of insisting all they want is some semi cute 'plain jane in sweat pants.'
I don’t see men denying that they want a hot woman. You have the ovaries to admit that men do care for looks. Hey, women care for a man’s economic status. Men and women have different priorities generally speaking. So many threads about this.

Of course gorgeous women will be the most picky. Come on, they are used to being offered the best out there so no way they will settle for Mr.Average Joe. Imagine a person is being used to a high salary and he moves to another town. He will look for a job that is as well paid as the one he had before. It’s not like he’ll go “Hhhhmmm I’ll just flip burgersâ€, yeah right. A woman who is used to being taken out to the best restaurants in town, receive all kinds of gifts, etc. Makes sense why they are so picky.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:08 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
You really think "attractive" women have guys approaching them every hour? On what planet? I know a LOT of very attractive women, and they don't have boyfriends, much less guys approaching them every hour!

Old 10-02-2012, 03:37 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
You really think "attractive" women have guys approaching them every hour? On what planet? I know a LOT of very attractive women, and they don't have boyfriends, much less guys approaching them every hour!
I disagree.... nearly every really attractive woman I know has dates planned well in advance and is usually juggling a couple guys. It cracks me up, because I worked with a woman (she was in our flight dept.) who was drop dead gorgeous. Dumb as a brick and couldn't do her job, but the boss likes looking at pretty things. On Valentines Day she got at least 12 bouquets sent to her, at least 2 were from married men who worked at the same company.

My best lady friend (before she gained a lot of weight due to a medical problem) used to get asked out multiple times when we went out. We'd be eating lunch at a deli and she would have the waiter writing his number on the receipt, random guys coming up and telling her how pretty she looked etc. all the time. It was actually an interesting thing for me to experience as a woman who never gets approached. The men acted like I wasn't even there. She was so sweet too, trying to get me included by saying things like 'She's an engineer' or 'She flies planes!' or 'She's a mechanic!' but they would just look at me and then go back to her.

Now, she rarely gets attention and I think she's pretty okay with it...she still gets more than me

Old 10-02-2012, 03:42 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
This dead horse is going to get tired of being beaten soon and I'm almost out of popcorn.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:52 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
I disagree as attractive is very subjective and I've dated and had relationships that people have said I had no business being with (i.e. she was way too attractive for me). Maybe I'm the exception? (me being shorter than average).

But I agree that attractive women have the "right" to be super picky if they choose and men do give them a free pass. My best friend always confronts a guy who complains about women problems (as in a guy is going out with a pretty woman and she's giving him grief) with the question, "Okay, how hot is she?". Meaning , if she wasn't attractive, he wouldn't put up with the crap lol.

Women are guilty of this. They'd def put up with more of Mr. 6'5's crap over Mr. 5'7. Purely anecdotal, but I see it all the time. This guy a friend of mine is seeing has 4 kids from 4 diff women, works odd construction jobs, gets SSI, lives in his mother's house, is about 33.......................... but is 6'4 and buff. The ladies can't get enough of him (because all of the women he messes with knows he's seeing/sleeping with other women) .

Hey, that's Brooklyn for you! All of the women he pulls are HOT.
Hmmm...it's hard to say. I'm still trying to figure out if the bolded part is true.

I have 2 good friends that are 6'2. Both of them are good looking. One is 31, lives at home with his mother, and get smoking hot girls. The other is 22, goes to dental school, and dates girls that aren't very attractive. The major difference is that my 31 year old friend has ROCK SOLID confidence. He ONLY approaches the hottest girls in the club.

I approach the same kinds of girls as my 31 year old friend, but my confidence isn't anywhere near where his is. BUT, being 5'6, I get hotter girls than my 22 year old friend, but not of the caliber of girls that my 31 year old friend gets. My confidence is steadily increasing as I get older. I'm curious to see whether or not I catch up to my 31 year old friend in quality, with my increasing confidence despite my height.

I'll make sure to keep you posted on my findings, Walter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships