Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
The theory is that during sexless or low sex marriages, having a guy do more housework is not the answer since housework does nothing to attract the wife and sometimes makes her resent her husband. A man doing a lot of housework isn't attractive behavior because it's too beta for the wife.

I wonder if this is an excuse guys would use to simply be lazy and leave it all to the wife just like women are quick to say that they won’t pay or take initiative because “…I might not look as attractive to a man…”. Excuses to be lazy and play gender cards abound. Come on people, what happened to the word “team work” in all areas of the relationship? Guys, get up your behind and do your part when it comes to house chores. Come on women, get up your behind and take initiative and open your wallet (married or not).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
No, we don't have any dumpster fer mountain folks. That wood be nice if'n they did.

Thar is no mail service here either. We have a PObox in a small town post office.
Sounds great!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sounds great!
Yep, we truly love living here. In the winter i can hear myself think. In the summer the bass pond frogs are ribbiting & croaking...

Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Here's the thing: being in a "traditional" relationship where the female is mostly responsible for the upkeep of the household does not mean the male is free to live like a slob and expect his mate to clean up his messes. As a current stay-at-home-parent, I'm fine with things like keeping the fridge and pantry stocked, preparing and cleaning up after meals, scrubbing the bathrooms, dusting the furniture, vaccuuming the floors, washing the windows, doing the laundry, etc. I'll even mow the lawn! I would not be okay with a spouse who feels it is his privilege to create more work for me by starting a project and leaving the supplies in the middle of the dining room table; dropping his muddy camping gear in the middle of the family room and expecting me to clean it and put it away; or making a snack and leaving his dirty dishes on the counter for me to wash and return to the cabinet.

The standard rule in our home is that if you make a mess, you are responsible for cleaning it up. Fortunately, I have a husband who understands this. The kids? Not so much -- but I'm working on it.

Last edited by randomparent; 10-06-2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
lol don't flatter yourself. IRL, only few people matter. And you're not one of them. You think you're royalty because you got a BS from Wesley and your husband reads the economist? Lmao
I matter to my husband and family. You matter to the legal system I suppose because you're an ex-con who is currently on the run from the law. I suppose you matter to the tax payers because we have to pay for your kids. I don't know how you take yourself seriously. And I did not go to Wesley (whatever that is) or Wellesley. I live near Wellesley. Who said anything about Wellesley or the economist?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I"m still upset that I made the "taking out the garbage IS half of the housework" comment and no one took me to task. I had been hoping for a little repartee. Sigh. :'(
I thought it was very cute. My husband does take out the garbage.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
CD relationship forum... where every woman is smart, special, royalty, gorgeous, and a fairy princess
And every man is Prince Charming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships