Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 06:06 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
I'm turning 22 this year and I've never been rejected based on my ethnicity (african american), if anything I'm usually rejected over my height being a measly 5'7. I've also dated girls of all races, Hispanic, Asian, Black and White, but where you live probably plays a big role in this.
You are Shaq though lol

Old 10-15-2012, 06:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I guess it is pretty rare. I've gone out with a Chinese guy, a Korean guy, an Indian guy, and a white/Filipino guy (he was hot), so I'm all for it but it seems that white men are more likely to show interest in me than Asian men.
I've gone out with more South Asian (and Arab/Middle Eastern) guys than east asian (chinese, japanese, korean). Filipinos are always hitting on me for whatever reason.

Arabs/Middle Easterners/Fillipinos/Mexicans are the most common for me. More common than white guys. Who knows how that works.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"rejected over my height"
So getting rejected on the height thing is as common as the guys on here say?

"I've also dated girls of all races"
Of course BM/WF, then WM/AF are the two groups that date out the most and for the longest period of time. AM/BF is as common as Unicorn sightings in most all places, even though I do occasionally see this combination in Southern Ca but only twice in Arizona, and almost nowhere else. NY, LA, SF are different then the rest of the country and even there it's area specific.
BM/AW is also as common as Unicorn sightings in most all places. As a rule, Asian women generally do not date or marry Black men. Many reasons that many Asian women will give for being with White men could also be ascribed to Black men, and yet Asian women steer clear. I think it has to do with the fact that many Asian women want their children to be half-white. Many Black men want their children to be half-white too, so I guess they have that in common. Honestly, I have seen BM/AW couples, but is not common by any means.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
BM/AW is also as common as Unicorn sightings in most all places. As a rule, Asian women generally do not date or marry Black men. Many reasons that many Asian women will give for being with White men could also be ascribed to Black men, and yet Asian women steer clear. I think it has to do with the fact that many Asian women want their children to be half-white. Many Black men want their children to be half-white too, so I guess they have that in common. Honestly, I have seen BM/AW couples, but is not common by any means.
Generally, Asian women will make the exception for Black men if (and only if)....the BM have high paying jobs, own a (successful) business or are a celebrity/athlete.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I've gone out with more South Asian (and Arab/Middle Eastern) guys than east asian (chinese, japanese, korean). Filipinos are always hitting on me for whatever reason.

Arabs/Middle Easterners/Fillipinos/Mexicans are the most common for me. More common than white guys. Who knows how that works.
That is your all those are minorities and the complexion of skin color is similar too.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
That is your all those are minorities and the complexion of skin color is similar too.
Yeah pretty much. Well OK their tones tend to be similar. I tend to be darker.

I notice a trend, generally speaking, only the darker white guys approach me too. And the darker asian guys. Hmmm.......

Old 10-16-2012, 03:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yeah pretty much. Well OK their tones tend to be similar. I tend to be darker.

I notice a trend, generally speaking, only the darker white guys approach me too. And the darker asian guys. Hmmm.......
I pretty much only get fairer white guys and would prefer a darker one. lol

Anyway, I would think it probably has more to do with location than anything else. CA is a lot more ethnically diverse than where I live.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I'm not sure what a "darker" white guy is..... you talking about a white boy with some flava... as the brotha's would say... ....

Old 10-16-2012, 05:58 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not sure what a "darker" white guy is..... you talking about a white boy with some flava... as the brotha's would say... ....

LOL, I'm talking about dark hair, dark eyes and not fair skinned (although I'd be fine with just the dark hair).

Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Italian dark skin guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships