Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Of course blaming other people spares my ego. After all the rejection I have experienced in my lifetime, my ego could use some sparing. And as for these nice, down-to-earth girls you speak of, I have been trying to get one for 3 and a half years. Admittedly, before that time I was quite superficial and only cared about looks.
Likely those nice, down-to-earth gals are passing you by for guys without a misogynistic, hateful, or bitter attitude towards women or guys who have the attractiveness, wealth, status, or personality to outweigh that attitude.

Still curious as to what you have to offer such a gal when she'd have to prove something to you because she has a vagina.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,179,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And I'm in the same boat, but I'm a woman looking for a man. Single for just over 3 years now.

Have you thought about moving? That's what I'm doing.

I have thought about that a little bit actually. Thanks for the thought. I do want to be careful not to move to a new place and just have the same things happen again though. But yea, that is an interesting thought.

Is there any particular reason why you think moving would help you? Is your area of the country a tough place to find men?

Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,401 times
Quote:
Yea i think most likely it's the women who are the problem and not me. If women were truly nice and down to earth, as you ladies claim, then there is really no reason that i should be having trouble getting average-looking women. I am at the top of my game from a looks standpoint... in the best shape of my life, and frankly i am in better shape than a majority of the women i pursue. Money-wise, i'm average. I'm not thrilled with my salary, but it could be worse.

So of course it leads me to the conclusion, after 3 and a half years of trying unsuccessfully to get a nice woman, that women are exceptionally picky and demanding, much moreso then they care to admit.
Yeah... It is evry single women in the universe fault. Not yours. You are perfect.

Salary wise, if a man makes less than me, I am sorry, not interested. I have a life style that i pursue vigorously and given that i would be making more money, yeh, i do not like to date men who make less than me. It is nit fair with e man either because i like to travel a lot and if he cannot afford it, well, yeah, there is no point.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Likely those nice, down-to-earth gals are passing you by for guys without a misogynistic, hateful, or bitter attitude towards women or guys who have the attractiveness, wealth, status, or personality to outweigh that attitude.

Still curious as to what you have to offer such a gal when she'd have to prove something to you because she has a vagina.

I don't know... Apparently according to you and some of the other ladies on the thread, I don't have much to offer at all. You are sending me a very clear message that I don't have anything to offer a woman. You are sending a clear message that in your opinion the world would be better off without me. You have made that crystal clear.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
I have thought about that a little bit actually. Thanks for the thought. I do want to be careful not to move to a new place and just have the same things happen again though. But yea, that is an interesting thought.

Is there any particular reason why you think moving would help you? Is your area of the country a tough place to find men?
Most of the men in my area are slackers with no motivation to do anything but play CoD all day...and this is coming from a gamer! There are also a lot of men with criminal records, and those who do drugs, and those who have kids floating around. No thanks on all of those things.

I live in a fairly rural area so I think moving is my best bet.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I don't know... Apparently according to you and some of the other ladies on the thread, I don't have much to offer at all. You are sending me a very clear message that I don't have anything to offer a woman. You are sending a clear message that in your opinion the world would be better off without me. You have made that crystal clear.
Well... what do you have to offer?

If you were a woman, and you met yourself, would you want to date you?

Old 10-12-2012, 05:15 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,573 times
Quote:
I made no statements, suggestions, or implications on what you have to offer a gal so I'm unsure how I sent you a very clear message that you don't have anything to offer a woman.

Seems this is simply your way of evading answering the question.

Last edited by udolipixie; 10-12-2012 at 05:27 PM..

Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 PM

I thought i was a really nice guy, loyal, dedicated to making my woman feel beautiful and special, doing little things to make her happy. Intelligent, hard working, attractive. But you ladies and the females i have met over the years have made it crystal clear that either I do not have these qualities or that I do have these qualities but they are not the things that women want. So I don't really know anymore. I am not sure what else you would like me to say at this point. I guess I am probably not that nice anymore. I used to be really nice, but I guess now I am sarcastic and snarky. I still would be nice if I found a nice woman though. I would treat her like gold. I am still very compassionate toward people who are suffering, but I have to admit I am not as universally nice to people in general as I used to be.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I made no statements, suggestions, or implications on what you have to offer a gal so I'm unsure how I sent you a very clear message that you don't have anything to offer a woman.

Seems this is simply your way of evading answering the question.
The last post is an answer to this... Forgot to quote.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I thought i was a really nice guy, loyal, dedicated to making my woman feel beautiful and special, doing little things to make her happy. Intelligent, hard working, attractive. But you ladies and the females i have met over the years have made it crystal clear that either I do not have these qualities or that I do have these qualities but they are not the things that women want. So I don't really know anymore. I am not sure what else you would like me to say at this point. I guess I am probably not that nice anymore. I used to be really nice, but I guess now I am sarcastic and snarky. I still would be nice if I found a nice woman though. I would treat her like gold. I am still very compassionate toward people who are suffering, but I have to admit I am not as universally nice to people in general as I used to be.
Maybe that's your problem. Most women I know don't want to be treated like a princess... they want to be treated like people. One of the biggest turn-offs I have is a guy I barely know gushing about me, it just comes off as completely insincere and desperate. Perhaps you're being a little too forward and what you think is 'nice' is coming across as desperate to the women you meet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.