Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:37 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,783,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
I'd say "where did you go to school and what degree did you get?" and "where do you work?" are definite red flags.
That's long versions of "how much do you make". I can stand that from people I just met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,394,621 times
These are dealbreakers for me:

1. Someone with bad breath/hygiene
2. Smoker
3. Gets drunk on our date
4. Gets pushy about sex

Old 10-06-2012, 11:32 AM

10,932 posts, read 11,659,426 times
If she won't have sex with me...but that was a long time ago. I married my last one-nighter almost 15 years ago.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 1,705 times
Well I've just recently added some NEW ones to the tip-TOP of my list:

1) Talking about your crazy ex or about girls in your past who were barely able to contain themselves from wanting to jump your bones! (Broke up with my most recent EX this past Thurs partly because of this. He had some other great qualities which were the only things that made me want to see us into a 2nd date but these same stories and MORE like them kept popping up and after 5 mths I said gotta go!!! Sadly I think he honestly saw nothing wrong with this.)

2) Admitting that you hang out with your exes all the time. (This ties back into #1. My exes don't come back from the dead or hang around stinking up the place for my new guy. It's not about hate, the past is in the past.)

3)Making no effort to look nice. Seriously?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,247,071 times
General lack of intelligence and depth, oftentimes accompanied by b itchiness, as a counterbalancing defense mechanism and/or innate sense of entitlement.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 10-06-2012 at 12:09 PM..

Old 10-06-2012, 12:08 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,947,356 times
1. Hearing stories about how much you hate your parents/siblings/little green aliens. Check please!

2. Braggarts.

3. I have had bad experiences with people who proclaim how nice or good they are. I believe that is code for: I am a scuzzbucket and trying to convince you and myself that I am so not. Hear me roar!

IMO, nice people don't brag about how nice they are. Check please!

4. The person is racist, homophobic, etc.

5. Asks me if I have male friends.

6. Turns on the sex talk.

7. He does not have a sense of humor.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:38 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,888,374 times
Dealbreakers:
-cheap
-lack class
-NO conversation. They're so cool all you do it sit, eat, and say nothing while seated at the table.
-people who believe they are intellectually superior so every conversation is a play on words, filled with innuendos and inferences. So the entire night instead of relaxing and having a great time you are engaged in this gross intellectual game and you just want to advise this dude you are just as intelligent as he is so cut it out!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,931,799 times
when she makes a huge tab at dinner. Unless I take her to an expensive restaurant(on a first date-never), most places I take first dates, you'll struggle to make $30, but by God if I didn't meet a woman who went out of her way to find and order the most expensive items on a menu once. She wanted a 2nd date, I asked her about the $60 tab she managed to make, and the 2nd date never happened.

Smoker, probably my biggest deal breaker over all. It's a nasty, disgusting habit that kills you and anyone else inhaling the 2nd hand smoke. What's worse, is I cough uncontrollably when I'm around it, and I have to remove myelf from that area immediately.

a lack of humor. Can't make jokes or laugh at mine? Get out!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:55 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,290,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
when she makes a huge tab at dinner. Unless I take her to an expensive restaurant(on a first date-never), most places I take first dates, you'll struggle to make $30, but by God if I didn't meet a woman who went out of her way to find and order the most expensive items on a menu once. She wanted a 2nd date, I asked her about the $60 tab she managed to make, and the 2nd date never happened.

If you were out with a woman and she happened to drink a bottle's worth of wine, appetizers, steak for an entree and dessert on a first date, why would you bother confronting her or discussing plans for a second date?

Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,114,058 times
I wouldn't call them first date deal breakers, rather first hang out turn offs. Initially, a person who does not know how to handle himself socially. There's a time and a place and oddly enough it's not a natural understanding for everyone. If I sense a general lack of kindness and mindfulness, which I suppose can be exhibited via the opposite (self-centered, etc), I'll back off. I never really went on dates with people I didn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships