U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:09 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,357,063 times

Advertisements

Agree or disagree:

• Men care about looks and personality in a woman. Men care 50% about how physically attractive a woman is and 50% about how nice she is. Men do not care how much money a woman has.
  • Women care about looks, personality, and money in a man. Women care 33% about how physically attractive a man is, 33% about how nice he is, and 33% about how financially stable he is.

Not exactly rocket science here, but it's good to pin the basics down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 10:11 PM

15,071 posts, read 8,470,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Agree or disagree:

• Men care about looks and personality in a woman. Men care 50% about how physically attractive a woman is and 50% about how nice she is. Men do not care how much money a woman has.
  • Women care about looks, personality, and money in a man. Women care 33% about how physically attractive a man is, 33% about how nice he is, and 33% about how financially stable he is.
Disagree. As a woman, I could care less about how much money he has.
He should be able to support himself and be able to put something away for his retirement. Beyond that, I don't care.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 PM

45,095 posts, read 56,964,608 times
sigh - I know it must be frustrating to not have any real relationship experience, but try not to ruminate on it so much!

Work on yourself so you'll be ready and able to attract the right women, then all this percentage crap won't matter to you at all

Old 10-06-2012, 10:15 PM

8,524 posts, read 8,317,300 times
Too bad it doesn't work like that IRL.

BTW, what website did you "copy and paste" this from?

Quote:
Agree or disagree:

Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 PM

8,067 posts, read 9,220,838 times
Quote:
Agree or disagree:

I disagree with anything or anyone who pins anything down to percentages unless it is backed by some actual data.

"Personality" (manners, respect, loyalty, social acceptability and the like) and "money" (financial security) come first, then looks, for me. No percentages, just in the order of importance. The first two go hand in hand.

I won't speak for men, but I know plenty who don't care about looks.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:18 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,980,157 times
Quote:
Agree or disagree:

I don't know where you get 50% nice and 50% personality. that's definitely B.S. It's more like 85% looks and 15% personality.

The 2nd part is definitely not true either. Based on your logic a woman would take any ol' ugly man as long as he has money. Yea right.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 PM

16,479 posts, read 8,929,703 times
It is impossible to say because each person is different. There are men and women who put looks above all else. There are men and women who put money above all else. There are men and women that put personality before all else. There are men and women that put green cards above all else. It's silly to try to pigeon hole men and women. It all comes down to each individual.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:23 PM

12,296 posts, read 7,568,522 times
Quote:
Agree or disagree:

I think it's 60% looks and 40% personality.

Quote:
I think this is true for women age 20-35-ish. Younger and older than that, women don't care so much about money.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 PM

9,191 posts, read 5,020,429 times
You do know that men and women are individuals? No? Well we are.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:13 PM

8,527 posts, read 7,860,288 times
Quote:
Agree or disagree:

There are different dynamics for sexes for what they desire in in a companion. I disagree with your chart unless if its backed by the pew center, or if your data is backed by survey or experimental observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships