Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:00 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times

Advertisements

Honestly...Do you know she doesn't have a kid?? or Husband?? I would either tell her next time, or not. I personally would try to have interactions w/out turning it into a constant one night stand...Nothing good can come of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 AM

264 posts, read 308,986 times
Dude, get your dick checked out. Think she uses condoms with the other guys? Probably not. Deluding yourself into thinking she only hopped into the sack with you is a good way to end up with a disease.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
I haven't read the whole thread but have you mentioned what the actual situation is with your child? Do you have custody and the child is living with you, do you have weekend and holiday visitation, or do you see your child very little because of distance? It does make a difference. You need to tell her as soon as you can, you do need to use condoms for obvious reasons, and you should call or text her so she knows you are interested. I wish you luck!

Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
If you don't want feedback, don't put it on the Internet. You don't get to control how other people respond to the things they read.
THIS. 100 times.

Can we make this a sticky????

Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Trust me, as a flight attendant, unless you actually have days off, you don't have time. Unless she already knows someone in the place she's overnighting. Very doubtful that is the case.
She barely knew you and she had sex with you, so what makes you think you're the only one this has happened with?

Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,971,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
lol you repeatedly ploughed this fertile lotus flower without a jimmy yet feel high and mighty enough to rag on "typical american girls" in the same breath
I'm not being high and mighty and admitted before that I am far from perfect myself. However, with American girls, in most cases (not all), it is a lot of game playing because they feel they have to keep their guard up. Its basically suicide of the relationship getting emotional/soft with your feelings whereas with this girl, it hasn't been the case. Anyway, this could be a whole other topic in another thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Too bad. Put your business on the Internet, others will comment on it. If you don't want feedback, don't put it on the Internet. You don't get to control how other people respond to the things they read.
Never once had a problem with any of the comments, whether they be critical or not. I'm a big boy. I can handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I think one of the bigger questions is are you ok having a relationship with a girl who was 'easy'?

Girls who are 'marriage material' are not the ones hopping into bed with a stranger after a few drinks. (unless, i'm out of touch and this is perfectly acceptable behavior in 2012)

If she loves you and feels like she really does love you, than she won't care at all that you have a child already. I would just be honest and tell her sooner rather than later.
Whooaa.. Hold up. I am nowhere near those two things with her. Marriage and love. I still want to figure out if this relationship (whatever it is) is something that is even capable of being pursued (due to our long distance and work schedules).
Honestly (call me naive), I don't believe this girl is as easy as she made herself out to be on that first night. She was almost a different person when she was sober & has admittedly accepted the fact that she doesn't like her behavior when she is inebriated. At this point, she's been sober for a month and a half and I support that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPollard View Post
Dude, get your dick checked out. Think she uses condoms with the other guys? Probably not. Deluding yourself into thinking she only hopped into the sack with you is a good way to end up with a disease.
Good advice. Already done that and I checked out just fine as I knew I would. I understand you can't trust everyone in this world (for obvious reasons), but there is a point of being unnecessarily overly critical of someone. Especially when the vibe they are giving off is that of someone who is genuine. Call ma naive, but there are just those kinds of people out there that give off a sketchy, untrusting vibe and then those that are the opposite. Some are better at reading it than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I haven't read the whole thread but have you mentioned what the actual situation is with your child? Do you have custody and the child is living with you, do you have weekend and holiday visitation, or do you see your child very little because of distance? It does make a difference. You need to tell her as soon as you can, you do need to use condoms for obvious reasons, and you should call or text her so she knows you are interested. I wish you luck!
Also very good advice & questions. My child lives with me FYI. Full time with the exception of family babysitters (which happen on a regular basis due to work schedules).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
She barely knew you and she had sex with you, so what makes you think you're the only one this has happened with?
In all honesty, I don't know for a fact. I can only go by what she has told me just as she can only go by what I have told her. I have no reason not to believe her and I don't and won't judge her based on that one night of craziness. If I noticed inconsistencies throughout the entire time we talked, I would have had my suspicions, but so far, that hasn't been the case.

Last edited by WanderingImport; 10-10-2012 at 12:09 AM..

Old 10-10-2012, 12:15 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
Quote:
I can only go by what she has told me just as she can only go by what I have told her
going only by what you're told and taking it at face value in situations like this is a terrible idea

i think you've romanticized this girl as some sort of foreign flower, above the problems you've seen domestically and it's going to come back to bite you in the rear

as far as the condom thing don't beat yourself up about it but at the very least start using those jimmies. it's not the right time to give your kid a brother or sister...

Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
going only by what you're told and taking it at face value in situations like this is a terrible idea

i think you've romanticized this girl as some sort of foreign flower, above the problems you've seen domestically and it's going to come back to bite you in the rear

as far as the condom thing don't beat yourself up about it but at the very least start using those jimmies. it's not the right time to give your kid a brother or sister...
I can't argue with any of that as you have great points. I guess time will tell.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times
Quote:
Hi everyone. I could use some advice on a bit of a situation I'm in..

In August I was in Memphis for on-the-job training (training to be a flight attendant, actually). On my last weekend there (I was there 3 weeks), the next training class came and a few people in our group met up with a few in their group for dinner and drinks.
One of the girls in their group (after a few drinks) started getting a bit crazy and became flirty with me.
Eventually, I flirted back and by the time it was time to walk back to our hotel, we were all over each other. Needless to say, we ended up having sex.
The next day I texted her and we went out for dinner (sober and all). She wasn't nearly as crazy sober as she was drunk and actually seemed like a nice, down to earth girl.
I wasn't sure how she felt about me so I figured the next day (the day I flew back to GA) would be the last day of hearing from her.
Turns out, she texted me and we began chatting on and off every other day or so even after her training was done.
A few weeks ago, we bumped into each other in Detroit, ended up sharing the same hotel for a few hours (as I was called back in to do another flight) and ended up getting a bit frisky (without the sex). Afterwards, we tried to see if we could meet up again in the future.
Turns out, she was overnighting in Greenville, just 2 hours up the road from me a week later and I had the evening off. I drove up and we spent the night with each other (sex and all).

Alright, heres the dilemma. I'm starting to develop feelings for her (though I'm still not sure she feels the same and don't know where things stand besides it being physical). She was kind of nervous/shy the night we were in South Carolina, but I told her not to worry and things carried on from there.
To top things off, she doesn't know that I have a child. I have no idea how to break it to her. FYI, she is asian and moved to the States about 5 years ago. One important detail I need to mention is that she doesn't seem to play games like your typical American girl does. I feel like I can tell her I like her without her being scared away and I LOVE that about her!
Unfortunately, I'm not so sure how she would take the news that I have a child. I don't want to lose her. Don't want to lose the sex either, but I'm sure if I were to break it to her that its guaranteed I won't have any more sex with her. (Geez, I sound like a typical shallow guy don't I?)
Anyway, I would like to be honest with her about it, but I don't want to put our relationship (whatever it is) in jeopardy. BTW, The last time I spoke with her (wednesday night) I tried to apologize if I seemed pushy with the sex in SC (since she had acted shy) and at first she didn't know what I was talking about, then said not to worry about it and that I was overthinking it. (Also, not sure if this matters or not but we're both in our mid to late 20s)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?

I apologize in advance if my story is all over the place. I did add a few things here and there to help with understanding the situation.
Oh, brother. Is this really a problem? If you are going to have any kind of "relationship" with her, that would entail talking about your lives . . .hence, the fact you have a child would come up naturally. Problem solved. Next . . .

Old 10-10-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Oh, brother. Is this really a problem? If you are going to have any kind of "relationship" with her, that would entail talking about your lives . . .hence, the fact you have a child would come up naturally. Problem solved. Next . . .
That would have worked wonderfully had I done that from the start. Unfortunately, it isn't as cut and dry as you're making it sound at this point. I mean, it is in the fact that if I want this to be a relationship of substance, then I obviously need to tell her ASAP. But what would be the best way to do that? (not referring to phone, text or in person as the latter is the ONLY option in my opinion)
Furthermore, is this even a relationship worth going deeper in to? Do I have that option? Answering the second question.. I'll just have to find out the next time I see her in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships