Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,527 times

Advertisements

I feel like I need to vent a little
Women, what's so god damned great about "confidence"?
What's so great about being good at conversation? All the times you think a guy is great and entertaining, he's really talking about nothing. If women would stop focusing on a guy being superficially entertaining, maybe there'd be fewer women who divorce 10 years later when they realize their husband is just an entertaining POS.

I can get nervous talking to a woman sometimes, and I find it hard to make conversation out of whole cloth, which is an overrated skill anyway. Do you really think I won't f!@# your brains out? (I say that part because women discriminate on the conversation thing even with casual stuff). Or entertain you? I'm one of the few guys out there who can actually dance - actual dancing, ballroom dancing.
I mean hell, there was even a thread on here about being talked out of the mood from too much talking: HELLO!?
Do you really think social confidence is the same as self-confidence? I know I'm awesome, but years of dicks in my life screwed me over socially.

Women's judgement is horrible. They think they can read what a guy's like, but the reality is they have no idea. I remember a thread where a girl said she knew this butt ugly guy that was really entertaining and she really wanted him, and she said she "knew he would be good in bed". Really? What the hell? How the hell would you know somehting like that outside of trying? I got a buddy like that, was on 'roids and everything looked awesome, got a decent amount of women, but I know incidentally he never lasts longer than 15 minutes (we were joking about stuff and it came up).

How about YOU talk and entertain me, or talk about something real and topical, or just be quiet and dance with me, and letme take you to my place. Or not and just stick it out. Do no women stick it out with a guy? Let him get more comfortable? I mean you look at me you know I look good, you like it, but then when I talk to you you give up on me in 5 minutes? Pfff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
I feel like I need to vent a little
Women, what's so god damned great about "confidence"?
What's so great about being good at conversation? All the times you think a guy is great and entertaining, he's really talking about nothing. If women would stop focusing on a guy being superficially entertaining, maybe there'd be fewer women who divorce 10 years later when they realize their husband is just an entertaining POS.

I can get nervous talking to a woman sometimes, and I find it hard to make conversation out of whole cloth, which is an overrated skill anyway. Do you really think I won't f!@# your brains out? (I say that part because women discriminate on the conversation thing even with casual stuff). Or entertain you? I'm one of the few guys out there who can actually dance - actual dancing, ballroom dancing.
I mean hell, there was even a thread on here about being talked out of the mood from too much talking: HELLO!?
Do you really think social confidence is the same as self-confidence? I know I'm awesome, but years of dicks in my life screwed me over socially.

Women's judgement is horrible. They think they can read what a guy's like, but the reality is they have no idea. I remember a thread where a girl said she knew this butt ugly guy that was really entertaining and she really wanted him, and she said she "knew he would be good in bed". Really? What the hell? How the hell would you know somehting like that outside of trying? I got a buddy like that, was on 'roids and everything looked awesome, got a decent amount of women, but I know incidentally he never lasts longer than 15 minutes (we were joking about stuff and it came up).

How about YOU talk and entertain me, or talk about something real and topical, or just be quiet and dance with me, and letme take you to my place. Or not and just stick it out. Do no women stick it out with a guy? Let him get more comfortable? I mean you look at me you know I look good, you like it, but then when I talk to you you give up on me in 5 minutes? Pfff.
If you lack communication skills I suggest you improve before you are serious in the dating game. It's not "an overrated skill."

How is men's judgement any better? I got news for you, it's not. It doesn't appear to me you even like women very much and only want to get laid.

You sound very angry which is another reason for you to take a step back and think if you even want to be in this game.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
You generalizing women in essence is probably the same reason why you're finding yourself consistently frustrated over and over.

This by no means is a personal attack. You obviously posted because you're tired of your situation.

Guess what? This is a good time for you to find your own answers in life.

Not all women like a guy who can "talk the talk." Yeah, guys like that seem charming, but their "talk" gets old quick.

Not all women will fall for that kind of b.s. the guy who tries to put a show on does. Some women, believe it or not, can spot a con from a mile away.

If you like to dance, continue to do so. You'll find a girl who will be on your wavelength. Some girls like a guy who is more low-key but the type of guy who is consistently there for her as a trusted confidant. Believe it or not, relationships built on a secure basis of true intimacy (liking) for one another can last a lot longer than those short-lived, superficial-ones.

There still is hope. You yourself just have to be smart as well and weed out girls who fall prey to superficial baloney and sift through girls who like that, because that's not what you're about!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 AM

it is, it's an overrated skill, conversing about absolutely nothing, being perfectly confident in social settings 100% of the time because you've never had really bad stuff happen socially in your past

Just sex is at the bottom of my preference list but it's still above nothing. There are also women who really only want sex, only it's pathetic because they need a guy to put on this stupid front so, and also drink, to get over their own it-needs-to-be-a-relationship instinct. There are women who trawl dating site, let guys pump and dump them, but frame it as the guy leaving. Not one admitting to themselves they just like sex.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
For someone who says he lacks communications skills, you've certainly made your misogyny very clear.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 AM

I love how as soon as you post one thing, every self-righteous and/or every person who thinks he's a genius decides they know for a fact that they know all about you and that you're a very angry person or a complete misogynist

I said I wanted to vent, and my dislike of B.S. gabbing runs to both genders. My Dad was like that to the point of hyperactivity and really bothered me all the time, and in general I feel, out of place, I guess? In American society. Something like Sheldon Cooper.
I mean my god, it's so bad in our culture, there's the "greeting" or something "What's the good word?" HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO ANSWER THAT? People say things JUST FOR THE SAKE OF TALKING. Can't anyone be quiet for 2 seconds, or talk about an actual topic?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Conversing is an important skill. Not to mention there are some of us that like to talk about more than nothing. For one thing, to me I prefer women that are communicative in a relationship.

Also, when you think about it, being confident means you believe in what you say and think.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
I love how as soon as you post one thing, every self-righteous and/or every person who thinks he's a genius decides they know for a fact that they know all about you and that you're a very angry person or a complete misogynist

I said I wanted to vent, and my dislike of B.S. gabbing runs to both genders. My Dad was like that to the point of hyperactivity and really bothered me all the time, and in general I feel, out of place, I guess? In American society. Something like Sheldon Cooper.
I mean my god, it's so bad in our culture, there's the "greeting" or something "What's the good word?" HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO ANSWER THAT? People say things JUST FOR THE SAKE OF TALKING. Can't anyone be quiet for 2 seconds, or talk about an actual topic?
Learn how to talk to people about your day. They want to be sure that you're in a good mood.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:46 AM

No, I'm really confident. I know I'm awesome. It's my view of how others might view me that can be shaky, it's a conditioned thing. That, and sometimes I just get nervous, a reactionI can't control.
Anyway, I was going it alone at a bar, so that made me nervous. I gotta try again at my local, do the shooting pool thing like I described in another thread.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 AM

97 posts, read 132,217 times
Quote:

Ever been on a dating site where they actually read your profile then come back to respond with your profile details rather than answering the question..... Same way here my friend. People would rather focus on your personality rather than trying to connect understand your position. Not understanding that not everyone is built for the kill. Not everyone has the that take it to them attitude and may need to warm up.

But I understand where you are coming from. Its situation specific and I have my share of rants regarding this topic. I have travelled and found that people have different views and social behaviors depending on where you are.

But I do believe this generation of folks has a distorted way of thinking when it comes to relationships. Men and women both. We don't communicate intelligently enough.

I think you should target an older generation and come back to report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships