Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,087 times

Advertisements

I think a real relationship can build slowly if two people are friends first, and so it wouldn't be a problem for someone with a lot of friends of the opposite sex that they see regular. My problem is that very few people are actually like that, most young people are super busy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
I have had men in my life that I was immediately attracted to, and I have had men in my life that took a few dates to get there, and then those that you just know are not going to work. So yes, some people it just takes awhile to click. The hard part is getting over that first hurdle of agreeing to go on a date.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
THis is why meeting people through group activities works better for some people. The atmosphere is more relaxed, no sense of high-pressure, or anything.
I agree with this. It gives you a chance to get to know someone without the pressure, rather than meeting a stranger and then dismissing them after one date because there wasn't a "spark". The spark can be overrated and perhaps blind you to a quality person simply because it wasn't "love/lust/attraction" at first sight.

I met my SO in a group setting...and the way he conducted himself that evening and the things we had in common when we talked, were the draw. It wasn't taking one look at him and swooning.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:20 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
King of like me with sushi, it took a few times for it to really hit home with me. Anyway, after seeing the first date deal breaker thread, I started to actually think. You know some people are just acquired taste. Some people aren't going to just blow your mind and dazzle you on the first date. Some people are those things that grow fine like wine.

I like to think I'm such a person. I don't really have much game. I'm not the best oratator, I'm definitely not the best dresser, and I really don't have the best sense of style. But when it comes to things that matter like having convictions, having values, being honest, and being able to be a strong partner, I'm awesome. But if I were to be taken at face value, forget about it. I probably have gone on more first dates that never went anywhere more than anyone on this forum. I'm not a first date, Mr. Casanova type of guy. I'm definitely one of those people you'll grow to love, not the type of guy you'll love right off the bat.

I think the dynamics of dating has killed most "acquired taste". Now I don't think I'll be single forever, but dating shouldn't be as difficut as it is. But I don't want to make this thread about me. I really want to know how women think about "acquired taste". I think most women's diffulty with men is that they see that guy who has the greatest first date presentation, and then there isn't much to him after that.
I'm the same way, except I seem to have a good sense of style.

That's why I like to take things slowly.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
Quote:
King of like me with sushi, it took a few times for it to really hit home with me. Anyway, after seeing the first date deal breaker thread, I started to actually think. You know some people are just acquired taste. Some people aren't going to just blow your mind and dazzle you on the first date. Some people are those things that grow fine like wine.

I like to think I'm such a person. I don't really have much game. I'm not the best oratator, I'm definitely not the best dresser, and I really don't have the best sense of style. But when it comes to things that matter like having convictions, having values, being honest, and being able to be a strong partner, I'm awesome. But if I were to be taken at face value, forget about it. I probably have gone on more first dates that never went anywhere more than anyone on this forum. I'm not a first date, Mr. Casanova type of guy. I'm definitely one of those people you'll grow to love, not the type of guy you'll love right off the bat.

I think the dynamics of dating has killed most "acquired taste". Now I don't think I'll be single forever, but dating shouldn't be as difficut as it is. But I don't want to make this thread about me. I really want to know how women think about "acquired taste". I think most women's diffulty with men is that they see that guy who has the greatest first date presentation, and then there isn't much to him after that.
Definitely not a good first impression type of guy. Your verbal skils are immensely lacking, and it looks like you're taking your "orator" skills from Dub Ya. You use a lot of correct inflections and punctuations, yet you also miss quite a few.

To grow on someone else, is, to become An Acquired Taste
Assuming the first is a typo, you meant Kind, not King
so, if you talk, and interact with a woman in this manner, I would imagine that she is going to be critiquing you very closely, and, well, you don't pass. IMO, I could care less, but you made this about you, so, I read your thread and critiqued.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:51 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Definitely not a good first impression type of guy. Your verbal skils are immensely lacking, and it looks like you're taking your "orator" skills from Dub Ya. You use a lot of correct inflections and punctuations, yet you also miss quite a few.

To grow on someone else, is, to become An Acquired Taste
Assuming the first is a typo, you meant Kind, not King
so, if you talk, and interact with a woman in this manner, I would imagine that she is going to be critiquing you very closely, and, well, you don't pass. IMO, I could care less, but you made this about you, so, I read your thread and critiqued.

I don't write to women, I talk to them. And I made a typo, so what? I noticed it, and decided not to change it. I work in Technology, I am not a spelling and English teacher.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:55 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
Quote:
I don't write to women, I talk to them. And I made a typo, so what? I noticed it, and decided not to change it. I work in Technology, I am not a spelling and English teacher.
You asked for opinions, ya got one. and no, you're not an "oratator" your words. so take it with a grain of salt, but, seeing your response, I see other reasons why you wouldn't get past the first date. Good luck with that.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Pay him no mind...

Old 10-09-2012, 02:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
You asked for opinions, ya got one. and no, you're not an "oratator" your words. so take it with a grain of salt, but, seeing your response, I see other reasons why you wouldn't get past the first date. Good luck with that.
Yes, I'm sure the average woman is SO turned off by spelling errors on an internet forum. I'm quite sure that's a major deal breaker for any woman.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure the average woman is SO turned off by spelling errors on an internet forum. I'm quite sure that's a major deal breaker for any woman.
Just ignore him. Some people like to bash on others for some reason.

Just continue being the KING that you are. LOL!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I mean how many women turned men down for this reason.

WOMAN: I don't want to go out with you. You've made some spelling errors in your post.

Funny how someone bags you for spelling errors and yet spells you like "ya" I personally can find so many errors in his posts.

The fact of the matter is that women do not think about your forum posts when meeting in person. But then most women I meet offline, I never meet online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships