Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,095,612 times

Advertisements

What area? I've said bergen county, that's both specific enough to give people an idea, and broad enough to keep my privacy. how about you?

And yeah, then if that's really the case, get the hell out of California.
Do you even really care about being near your family? Do they support you that much? If not, you have a freedom i don't, the freedom to MOVE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 04:31 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,220,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm actually in negotiations with a place out in Boston for a job... so I've got a few places I could choose from right now. I'm leaning towards Boston or Seattle at this point and I think I'd like to try out the east coast for a bit.

It's a California thing...nearly everyone does drugs of some sort out here, from white collar down to poor college kids. It's funny though, because where I live is one of the most desirable areas in the entire country...many people would do ANYTHING to live where I live and I can't wait to get out.
What area do you live in? I'm moving to SoCal pretty soon.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,582,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
What area? I've said bergen county, that's both specific enough to give people an idea, and broad enough to keep my privacy. how about you?

And yeah, then if that's really the case, get the hell out of California.
Do you even really care about being near your family? Do they support you that much? If not, you have a freedom i don't, the freedom to MOVE!
San Luis Obispo, the happiest place in the US!

I care a lot about being near my family, they're the most important people in my life... but I am going to have to move and I'm not super happy about it. Excited? Of course.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
What area do you live in? I'm moving to SoCal pretty soon.
Central Coast, SLO area.

Southern California is a cesspool, you couldn't pay me enough to live down there again.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,802,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I have a very long list of requirements, lol. And I know that has a lot to do with it. I was just curious as to what others would have to say about this subject, lol

35+? No thanks. lol My upper limit is about 26.
You're looking for me darling.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,211,480 times
Quote:
I'm actually in negotiations with a place out in Boston for a job... so I've got a few places I could choose from right now. I'm leaning towards Boston or Seattle at this point and I think I'd like to try out the east coast for a bit.

It's a California thing...nearly everyone does drugs of some sort out here, from white collar down to poor college kids. It's funny though, because where I live is one of the most desirable areas in the entire country...many people would do ANYTHING to live where I live and I can't wait to get out.
I agree that California is a desirable place to live, with everyone being fit and active.. In terms of it having many parks and a mountain range so close to an ocean you can surf in and a generally liberal atmosphere it would sound fitting to me, but I'd hate to be surrounded by cigarette smoke...

I've already lost a friend who started doing drugs in California...

I'm not sure if the pros out weigh the cons.

Then there is Appalachia, also a geographically desirable place with plenty of outdoorsy things to do... But the people there are also to be desired.

I'm like you, I'd also be split between New England and Pacific North west.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM

13,573 posts, read 9,984,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Mostly Married or Dead though.
May be more that are gay than you think.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I agree that California is a desirable place to live, with everyone being fit and active.. In terms of it having many parks and a mountain range so close to an ocean you can surf in and a generally liberal atmosphere it would sound fitting to me, but I'd hate to be surrounded by cigarette smoke...

I've already lost a friend who started doing drugs in California...

I'm not sure if the pros out weigh the cons.

Then there is Appalachia, also a geographically desirable place with plenty of outdoorsy things to do... But the people there are also to be desired.

I'm like you, I'd also be split between New England and Pacific North west.
You really seem a tad obsessed with people being 'fit and active', it seems to come up in nearly every one of your posts.

Regardless, in SLO county, smoking is banned in public areas. It was also the first city/county in the country to ban indoor smoking in the early 90s. So, cigarette smoke really isn't an issue here at all. You'd probably fit in just fine where I live, nearly everyone is fit and active (i.e. skinny) and we even banned plastic bags from being sold recently. Hooray.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times
Quote:

Only if you associate with trash. Your "observation" is very off....and insulting.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,441,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Move to Portland,
Great advice-if you are a female who wants an active dating life and you are looking for a guy who is either 25 or nearing/over 50. Not so much if you are between those ages. I haven't had a date in over 2 years despite doing all the things lpfan mentions previously in this thread. Most social events, be it Meetup, invite only, taking a rock climbing class or volunteering have about a 7:1 (usually higher) women:men ratio. The men between ages 30-45 are either married, in a relationship or just out of one and don't want to be "tied down" to just one woman when there are so many to choose from. It's a candy store for men and more of a puddle than a pool for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships