Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:54 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Personally, anyone who belittles other people, like the way the OP has, are low class people in general.
People get their panties too much in a bunch. A lot of the negative traits people listed apply to me and that doesn't bother me. Why does everything have to be personal? Honestly who gives a **** what IdontDateAnyone thinks? People think all sorts of crazy things.

Oops, did I swear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 06:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
I don't think it makes sense to call a person trashy based on generic characteristics like teeth - what if the person has a disease/condition where despite all efforts his/her teeth are in poor health. Or number of children, marriages, etc because dozens of sad/bizarre situations can lend to it. There is no way to know and context matters. As far as considering a person "trash" or or the more PC version "trashy" I wouldn't know until I was engaging with a person and to be honest, I've never come across more trash as I have online and it makes no matter what people look like, what they do, how they smell, etc. It's about what they say/how they think and it's too often repulsive. Definitely trash.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
People that start threads on forums judging others to be trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
People that wear Ed hardy stuff, exposed tats, been to prison, 3 times divorced, skimpy outfits/wife beater tanks, abnormal skinny, obese, rebublicans, democrats, spends too much time in a tanning booth, got pregnant in high school, drinks Busch/Milwaukee's best, dips, poor vocabulary, has a dead end job, obtained a GED, does their shopping exclusively at Walmart, piercings other than ears or navel... I could go on all day just going through my high school yearbook
I'm assuming this post is in jest.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
I know of very affluent people, who have everything anyone could ever want and have done all the right things, who are trashy in their own way. Elitism, to me, is trashy.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
People get their panties too much in a bunch. A lot of the negative traits people listed apply to me and that doesn't bother me. Why does everything have to be personal? Honestly who gives a **** what IdontDateAnyone thinks? People think all sorts of crazy things.

Oops, did I swear
Because it's still wrong to call people who have certain characteristics as "trash". A lof of those "trashy" people are probably decent folks, but the idea of them being "trash" because you don't want to date those people as a whole, is a trashy statement which comes from a "holer than thou" kind of person.

And I certainly don't see eye-to-eye on everything that CaptainJack says, but there have been a few ppsts he's made that I agree with, and the post he made here was one of them.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So, no one ever taught you that if you can't say something nice about someone, you shouldn't say anything at all?

You know what your standards are and what you are looking for.

Learn to focus on THAT and simply ignore all the rest.

Thinking of other human beings as "trash" is actually kind of trashy in and of itself.
Yes - this. I think it's wrong to simply dismiss any human being as "trash." They'd better have killed 6 people with an axe for no good reason, if you're gonna toss around that label.

I know too many good people who grew up with that label slapped on them for reasons beyond their control. Why you wanna add to their struggles?

Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM

And I'm amused that I got ripped a new one for using "douchebag" too freely, but "trash" seems acceptable to so many.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
And I'm amused that I got ripped a new one for using "douchebag" too freely, but "trash" seems acceptable to so many.
Douche bag has always been one of my favorite words. It describes a lot of people perfectly.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Douche bag has always been one of my favorite words. It describes a lot of people perfectly.
You'd've though I labeled them a child molestor. I kind of use it freely to describe people who annoy me or I'd prefer to avoid, but apparently it's a major insult. But as I noted in the other thread, I also greet my dearest friends with "Hey, motherf*****." Though I've had to tone that down since leaving the homeland.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Something tells me there wouldn't be such a rukus with people if the title of the thread was, "What you consider skanky?" "My husband is a lard ass and won't get a job." "My boss is a PITA" "Are girls who put out on the first date W****s?" "My sister is a beosh." "My ex wife is a redhead.

If you guys want to take the title he used and in the body of the post and get all literal about it - well let's get literal. "What do YOU consider trashy people?" First it's a question not a statement, if you don''t know anyone who fits that description then you don't have any real stories on the issue -then you have nothing to consider. Secondly, trashy is way about a person and trash is the person. He did not use the word trash.

If you want to post in a literal sense - then be careful and read each word in a literal sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships