Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM

162 posts, read 177,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I can't answer your question because I have to love someone enough to marry them first.

We'll see after that.
then why did you bother replying to the thread in the first place? do you have a compelling need to answer every thread even if you have nothing at all to contribute? need attention much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I guess the reason why this was posed to men is because men in general are usually very visual. A woman can love a man for his personality and more emotional things and look past physical stuff but many men seem to work differently.
i disagree. women can be every bit as superficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But you don't feel sorry for the attractive wife, who comes home to an overweight, balding husband, who expects her to provide sexual services for him no matter how gross he gets?
no, i wouldn't feel sorry for her, she made a choice to be with him. i doubt this happens all that often to begin with. life isn't a tv sitcom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
We were at Disney World a few weeks ago and........OMG!!!! The ladies that were way over weight and riding the scooters was unbelievable. Now I did not want to judge because some could have really disabled but there was a bunch that I just wanted to ask how they could of let themselves go like that. It really motivated to keep up my work outs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk........Man.
no kidding. last time i was at a theme park it was mostly obese families with unruly kids. all the food they serve at these places is horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Ding, ding, ding! lol

I weigh between 143 and 145 depending on the day (5'3.5"). But yes, I have hypothryoidism and 2yrs after diagnosis I'm still actively being adjusted for meds (I go every 6-8 weeks for bloodwork).

I am trying to get down to 130-135ish. I cut down on calories a few months back and my system went wacko...so now I'm on B12 shots, Vit D, iron, calcium and a few other supps until I am back to normal (which I will hopefully know after Monday).

It's a big ol' PITA.
hope you don't mind my saying, but 145 doesn't sound fat for someone your height. especially if it lands in all the right places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
well what if the opposites was reversed... what if your husband let himself go. Same token. My answer would be negative. I wouldnt want my man to let himself go to the point where he is just chubby gozilla. I always keep my shape healthy and trim for my husband. But first of all a woman shouldnt treat her body as a garbage disposal in the 1st place when she is pregnant because it will take her a long ass time to take that off..cuz in my opinion that is when all hell breaks lose .

Wouldn't it be more satisfying to do this for yourself first?

Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM

541 posts, read 941,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Wouldn't it be more satisfying to do this for yourself first?

uh i do. dont you know how to read. thats what i said bozo.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
no, i wouldn't feel sorry for her, she made a choice to be with him. i doubt this happens all that often to begin with. life isn't a tv sitcom.
My post wasn't to you, but since you responded: everyone chooses to be with whoever they're with. Kind of makes the whole OP a moot point, doesn't it.
And it does happen a LOT! Read the advice columns in the newspaper. This issue is e v e r y w h e r e.

You're new here, you don't know Prince Frog. You're WAY off about him. Not that you care, it's obvious you don't.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
hope you don't mind my saying, but 145 doesn't sound fat for someone your height. especially if it lands in all the right places.
You don't know what you're talking about. 145 is a lot for 5'3. It's about normal for 5'8. How old are you, and why are you here? Just to be rude to people?

Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
uh i do. dont you know how to read. thats what i said bozo.

That is MRS BOZO to you. I was asking a simple question for clarification from your post your entire sentence was "I always keep my shape healthy and trim FOR MY HUSBAND."
I did not see any mention in that particular sentence where you stated you do this for YOURSELF FIRST.

For example, if the sentence was written: "I like to keep myself healthy and trim because it makes ME feel happy, healthy and looking good AND MY HUSBAND enjoys it as well"

There would be no confusion as to whom you are keeping yourself healthy and trim for, it would be obvious that you are doing this for YOURSELF and your husband is also reaping the benefits. Do you understand the different meanings in each statement?

Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,609 times
I've dated women who let themselves go after just a few weeks!! Some of them would dress up nice and put on makeup -- in the beginning. Then after a few dates, they show up looking like they just woke up in the morning. I dated some others who gained 10+ lbs in just a few months! Which is very noticeable when you're starting at 110 lbs. All the while, they liked how I dress up nice and work out and stay fit. Hypocrits...

It's important to find someone who has the right HABITS. If they're the type who likes to look good, stay fit, eat right, then those are habits that will last forever and you won't worry about them letting themselves go later. But when someone "tries" to do those things just to impress somebody, you know it's faking and they'll eventually let themselves go. You should never have to tell your SO to work out or lose weight or dress up nice. They should just do it on their own. If you're having to remind them for them to do it, it means they're faking it.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,029,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm super messed up physically I really try to stay active and enjoy going on hikes and whatnot but there's only so much I can do before I start cracking and creaking like an old lady. We don't really have public pools where I'm at, and the only gym that offers pool access is nearly $100 a month so my exercise has been limited to the eliptical which is kind of a bummer
It's good that you enjoy exercise, many don't even go there, and wouldn't think of exercise as a means of keeping trim. Many more just use amphetamines and cocaine to strip themselves of excess weight.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:10 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Some friends of mine where talking the other day about how we'll see a really overweight, haggard, disgusting looking older woman (think Honey Boo Boo's mom June) and think how could any man sleep with or even lay next to them in bed, then find out they are married with kids.

So my question is to married men how do you think you'd react if your wife let herself go and became physical repulsive?

Do you think the love would still prevail and you could see past it? Would it become an issue? Could you still find something attractive?

You see people like this all the time who are married and where one (or both) partners look like they just stop caring years ago. Do they stay together for the money or kids or are there some people that just aren't concerned about physical attraction? Do some people just care less with time?
Have a look up what repulsive means then have a think about what peoples likely answer would be.

re·pul·sive/riˈpəlsiv/

Adjective:
  • Arousing intense distaste or disgust.
You'd most probably be right.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It seems to me that this thread asks the question, "Is body size more important than love?" Does reframing the question in that way make you change you opinion? It makes me change mine.
Someone who loves you does not disrespect you by letting themselves go fugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships