Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 AM

684 posts, read 823,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
Hopefully they can both move on from this mess. I would hate to see her beating herself over this for a long time.
That's not really his concern. If she cheated and he decided that was enough to end the relationship, he should end it.

Very simple.

She is a cheater.

Also very simple.

If she feels guilt over it, that's a good sign. If she needs to see a psychiatrist to get over the guilt, she should. He shouldn't stay with her so that she doesn't beat herself up over it, however. It's not his responsibility to 'fix' her, nor is it yours to try to ensure she never feels pain.

It's life. I feel pain. You feel pain. When it happens, it's bad and tragic. How we deal with it decides who we are, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 07:19 PM

774 posts, read 2,595,971 times
Quote:
My friend cheated on her bf and well he caught her, as in really busted her. But the guy is undecided and they're still talking it out. This happened last month.

Anyway I can help my gf get her man back? Thing is he's thinking about it and according to her, he told her if she can help him recover from and believe it's not gonna happen again then he'll give it another try.
If someone got caught cheating and the person is undecided, how can he/she prove to them that they can be trusted again?

Long story short is there is NOTHING she can do. He needs to decide he can trust her again and the harder she pushes the further away he is going to pull.

Truth be told she cheated once, she'll do it again so why bother. If it's in a persons make up to cheat they will continue to do it regardless of the consequences.

Honestly he should just walk away and find someone with their priorities in order.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,299,950 times
He should stick to his guns and dump her, while you should mind your own business. If youre a dude please quit it with the white knighting.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:43 PM

105 posts, read 181,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
He should stick to his guns and dump her, while you should mind your own business. If youre a dude please quit it with the white knighting.
Nope, I'm a woman.

I know very well I should mind my business, which has already been mentioned many times but I'm just trying to help out esp when she directly asked me what to do and how to get him back. That's what friends are there for.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 AM

684 posts, read 823,360 times
Quote:
Nope, I'm a woman.

I know very well I should mind my business, which has already been mentioned many times but I'm just trying to help out esp when she directly asked me what to do and how to get him back. That's what friends are there for.
I would suggest jumping in to her way way back machine and telling her past self not to cheat.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:30 PM

105 posts, read 181,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I would suggest jumping in to her way way back machine and telling her past self not to cheat.
Well there is no point to that but he took her back yesterday. Such a good guy I guess.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 AM

5,654 posts, read 5,144,128 times
Default My friend got caught cheating and she's sad

Oh dear.... Life can be a bugger can't it... consequences eh?

Since he took her back i'll assume she is no longer sad...... yay..

Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 AM

774 posts, read 2,595,971 times
Quote:
Well there is no point to that but he took her back yesterday. Such a good guy I guess.

Anyone taking bets as to how long this is gonna last.

She'll get comfortable with him back in her life and go right back to cheating and you'll be on here again in a couple of months asking how she can get him back....

Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,469,246 times
I would have more problems with the lying than the actual act.

This is something for THEM to work out and all the little busy-bodies need to watch a soap opera for their drama fix and stay out of other people's relationships IMHO

Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 PM

837 posts, read 1,285,910 times
Quote:
My friend cheated on her bf and well he caught her, as in really busted her. But the guy is undecided and they're still talking it out. This happened last month.

Anyway I can help my gf get her man back? Thing is he's thinking about it and according to her, he told her if she can help him recover from and believe it's not gonna happen again then he'll give it another try.
If someone got caught cheating and the person is undecided, how can he/she prove to them that they can be trusted again?
You shouldn't help her get him back because the only thing she deserves is to be kicked down the stairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships