Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 AM

37,562 posts, read 45,921,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sweetheart, if anyone on here needs to get her facts straight, it's you.
You honestly think that red meat is the only 'bad meat'?
And you actually think red meat is bad meat?

You should watch some more tv commercials and read more Cosmo or Prevention and get some more misinformation.
"Sweetheart", , don't put words in my mouth. Read the post that I was replying to.

I am seriously invested in my health, and as far as nutrition, you can go read up if you like, but I am very up-to-date on such issues, and stay there.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im not a hunter but my field of study is in fish and wildlife. Regardless of the personal feelings of hunters or anyone else, if not for regulated hunting (at least in my neck of the woods) there would not be the healthy deer/rabbit/squirrel populations that we have. There is indeed a cycle in population increases and crashes directly related to food supplies. Overpopulations create starvation and disease in low yeild crop years. This along with ever increasing habitat distruction would cause eventual eradication of these wild animals. Its not funny.

Speaking with my father and grandfather that was indeed the case during dad's day. There was hardly a deer to be found. Now, I cant drive without nearly hitting deer in the road.
TWRA and FWS have also been bringing back populations of turkey, wild pigs and bear in my area. When the populations become established, hunting will be necessary to control and maintain healthy populations.

I dont know what some of you think the alternative will be, zoos? We are swiftly encroching and destroying thier habitat. They have to go somewhere. Do you consider the consequences when you buy that big house in that new subdivision, reproduce adding to the human population, or shop in that new mall or eat at that newly built restaraunt or when you travel that road going from point a to point b? This has more of an impact on bambi than being taken by a hunter.

As far as health concerns, vegie vs. meat eaters. Who cares. All the processed food, contaminated food and crap in our food is going to cause us health issues anyway.
Great post.

I think this thread has degenerated into a animal activists rant. Gee, what a surprise.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,473,159 times
I used to dear hunt all the time. Then I got married.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 AM

254 posts, read 316,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Same here , in Scotland an unculled population means a diseased, weakened and starving population... This issue to me is a bit like Abortion, so emotive that people are completely unable ( unwilling I would say) to even try and use common sense and logic and reason which is sad. Emotions are a potent part of our humanity but without reason behind it it simply becomes hysteria. I am stunned at the response from some posters.

Considering the damage to man and animal, and nature in general our lifestyle does to this world I think good responsible hunting has to be somewhere towards the bottom of all the "evils" of humanity...
Oh please, don't give me the "logic" BS. There is nothing logical about killing other living beings when it's completely unnecessary. Human life is just as insignificant and unimportant as the life of any other living being. Humans are not superior to other animals in any way. That's the way things are, according to logic. This arrogance and sense of superiority that most humans have is not logical, but rather completely based on emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That is for red meat. Get your facts straight.
Just because white meat is healthier than red meat, doesn't mean it's healthy. From a recent study according to which vegetarians live longer than meat eaters:

Quote:
Pesco-vegetarians and semi-vegetarians who limit animal products, but still eat meat once a week or so, have "intermediate protection" against lifestyle diseases.
Eat Vegetarian, Live Longer? - Diet and Nutrition Center - Everyday Health

From a study on the dangers on red meat

Quote:
Eating a serving of nuts instead of beef or pork was associated with a 19% lower risk of dying during the study. The team said choosing poultry or whole grains as a substitute was linked with a 14% reduction in mortality risk; low-fat dairy or legumes, 10%; and fish, 7%.
All red meat is bad for you, new study says - Los Angeles Times

So yeah, if you think that eating any kind of meat more than once or twice a week is healthy, you're wrong. If you really cared about eating healthy as much as you claim you do, you wouldn't eat meat at all, as it is completely unnecessary (in fact, that's the reason why I initially became vegetarian). You eat meat because you like its taste, not because it's healthy.

You're free, of course, to choose the level of risk you are willing to take. But don't go around spreading BS.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM

934 posts, read 1,936,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSamme View Post
Humans are not superior to other animals in any way.

Didn't read anything past this point.....'cause what's the point?

Old 10-15-2012, 01:02 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,155,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
Didn't read anything past this point.....'cause what's the point?
Well, it's not entirely incorrect. But one would have to specify what one meant by superior. If he meant superior in the evolutionary sense, than he would be correct. When the species goes extinct, a whole host of other species will be around for millions, if not billions of years to come, due to their superior adaptive traits.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:05 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,690,602 times
I like to kill whether it be for food or for sport. I like to kill of course if I don't use the meat then it's donated but I love the idea of my weapon of choice. Waiting and watching then when the time is right. A bullet right between the eyes. Exhilarating experience for me.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:05 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,175,814 times
Quote:
Oh please, don't give me the "logic" BS. There is nothing logical about killing other living beings when it's completely unnecessary. Human life is just as insignificant and unimportant as the life of any other living being.

Broccoli rights and peace, brother!

Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Oh please, don't give me the "logic" BS. There is nothing logical about killing other living beings when it's completely unnecessary. Human life is just as insignificant and unimportant as the life of any other living being. Humans are not superior to other animals in any way. That's the way things are, according to logic. This arrogance and sense of superiority that most humans have is not logical, but rather completely based on emotions.

Just because white meat is healthier than red meat, doesn't mean it's healthy. From a recent study according to which vegetarians live longer than meat eaters:

Eat Vegetarian, Live Longer? - Diet and Nutrition Center - Everyday Health
So yeah, if you think that eating any kind of meat more than once or twice a week is healthy, you're wrong. If you really cared about eating healthy as much as you claim you do, you wouldn't eat meat at all, as it is completely unnecessary (in fact, that's the reason why I initially became vegetarian). You eat meat because you like its taste, not because it's healthy.

You may eat and believe what you like. I do enough research, and discuss my nutrition with my own doctor, and am very satisfied as to the health of my diet. AND the accuracy of my statements. I don't spread "BS".

Go convert someone else into a veggie. I am not interested.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 AM

254 posts, read 316,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You may eat and believe what you like. I do enough research, and discuss my nutrition with my own doctor, and am very satisfied as to the health of my diet. AND the accuracy of my statements. I don't spread "BS".

Go convert someone else into a veggie. I am not interested.
I believe in facts, you believe in what fits your dietary tastes. Do as you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships