Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Newsflash, many women these days don't require a man for his money, they make their own. Don't you read anything?

Income Gap Closing: Women On Pace To Outearn Men

Study: Young, Single, Childless Women Earn More Than Men - TIME
They don't "need" to go after money but for a lot of those women, dating a guy who makes less is a non-starter. Its not often you see a lawyer/Professor/Doctor or any female making $90,000 dating a blue collar guy.

There are plenty of studies out there that show that money is still attractive to women even if they don't need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 AM

708 posts, read 878,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eh, a fine suit/tuxedo/jacket can be expensive. So could well-fitting clothes, if you're fit for an athletic fit.

Too many shirts nowadays are designed for people with a gut.

Not many choices for a tall guy with seriously broad shoulders and narrow waist.

To give you an idea of shoulder width, on a standard economy class airplane seat, my shoulders go up to both armrests. And I have a sick pack.

And don't even get me started on my knees being sore after being pressed against the seat ahead of me for so long.
Well you can wear a tuxedo/suit more than one time without anyone thinking much of it.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Well you can wear a tuxedo/suit more than one time without anyone thinking much of it.
I was talking about how clothes that look good are expensive, regardless of gender.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
The "women date men based on money" thing is a crock of crap slung about by men who have nothing else to offer.

Then they complain about gold-diggers.

All I know is that I'm in my 40s and I still wouldn't go out with anyone more than a couple of years older than I am. They're usually younger. The ones my age and older usually can't keep up with me.
Women like rich men. Proof:

Women Orgasm More With Rich Men, Claim Researchers

Old 10-18-2012, 10:51 AM

41 posts, read 53,653 times
^ Interesting article. Golddigging is definitely in their DNA. You can see it from a young age in all cultures across the world. I'm surprised people even try to debate it. You can't change biology. After high school that instinct really kicks in.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
apparently some women disagree about the power shift that changes between genders

Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
SOME men of all ages. This simply isn't true of men across the board. A LOT of men avoid really young women. They feel they have nothing in common with them, and that they tend to be immature. "Giggly" and childish, is how a number of C-D men have described them.
And those young women are so outspoken and critical, too. They discuss everything on Facebook and in Internet forums, too. So be prepared, you guys who date much younger women. They tell all! I'm on another board that has a lot of 20-somethings and a few 30-somethings dating older men, and they are all the time discussing those guys, their birth control, the personal business of the guy and his ex, etc. Not much filtering going on, there.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
A 43-45 year old woman has a very little shot of conceiving a baby and if she did, the risks for down syndrome increases exponentially. A baby born to a 43 year old is 25x more likely to have Down syndrome than one to a 25 year old. Even a 34 year old woman is 10x less likely to conceive a down syndrome kid than a 43 year old. Fertility rate also declines rapidly since women's peak fertility is early 20's and drops rapidly after 35. The average 25 year old is about 3x more fertile than the average 43-45 year old woman. Of course infertility treatment has to be mentioned, but the cost is much more expensive for a 40 year old woman than someone younger. Plus the chance of conceiving with infertility treatment at age 44 is just under 2%.

So why would a desirable man want to risk all of that when he could get a younger woman, he doesn't have to be rushed to get married/have kids, and he can have multiple kids if he desires. What advantage does a 41 year old woman offer over a 30-35 year old woman?
Advantage: Career, income, assets, no desire for more kids, maybe doesn't even have any kids, which is always seen as a "plus" by anyone who wants a successful second marriage. These days, maybe the guy already fathered two or more children by the time he turned 21, or by his first marriage, and wth needs more than 2 kids. So, that might not even factor into the equation. I know quite a few couples who have none or just one, and any more than that would be undesirable.

Any woman age 36 or up is considered a high risk pregnancy by modern medicine. But I have to laugh. I know several who has their first after age 35 and some that had their one and only after age 40. Down syndrome is a risk, but there are tests for it, and there are legal ways to terminate a pregnancy.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
A 43-45 year old woman has a very little shot of conceiving a baby and if she did, the risks for down syndrome increases exponentially. A baby born to a 43 year old is 25x more likely to have Down syndrome than one to a 25 year old. Even a 34 year old woman is 10x less likely to conceive a down syndrome kid than a 43 year old. Fertility rate also declines rapidly since women's peak fertility is early 20's and drops rapidly after 35. The average 25 year old is about 3x more fertile than the average 43-45 year old woman. Of course infertility treatment has to be mentioned, but the cost is much more expensive for a 40 year old woman than someone younger. Plus the chance of conceiving with infertility treatment at age 44 is just under 2%.

So why would a desirable man want to risk all of that when he could get a younger woman, he doesn't have to be rushed to get married/have kids, and he can have multiple kids if he desires. What advantage does a 41 year old woman offer over a 30-35 year old woman?
I guess the women I know who had kids at 43, and the two I know who had kids at 51, should give their kids back and get a refund....

Men's sperm deteriorates with age, too. Older men are more likely to have kids with certain defects, studies show. That doesn't stop them, though.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
No, many men don't stress about aging, but you sure see them placing importance about women and aging.
Exactly. Some of the stuff I read on this forum is just mind numbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships