Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Why, there is no need for a book or any other self help crap. Talk to them like a human being that they are. It isn't difficult. Unless totally inept.
Ha...I've tried that for years. Doesn't work.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Could one of you ladies please put together a hundred pages or so of an instruction manual, explaining to us men, exactly what you would like us to say, in what tone you would like us to say it, for every possible situation that could come up? Maybe you can't get every situation, but try to hit on the 100 or so most common.

I was just informed on another thread that i was wrong for telling a woman she was beautiful. Apparently in the situation, it was wrong. In other situations, women WANT you to tell them they are beautiful. Sometimes they want you to say they are sexy. Sometimes they don't want you to focus on a specific body part. They want you to be sensitive sometimes. But not TOO sensitive. A nice guy, but not a "nice guy".

Anyway, it's just too much for me to try and analyze. I already have a full time job... i can't really handle another one. So if one of you ladies publishes a manual, i'll gladly pay $19.95 to pick it up at my local Barnes and Noble or on Amazon
First, NEVER ask a woman for advice about women.

Sensitive is generally a bad thing (despite what girls tell you). Unless the girl is crazy into you already, never show negative emotions (and even then, it's usually not good).

You can definitely tell girls they're hot/beautiful/sexy, but you have to do it the right way. What's the right way? Well, that's one of those things that I wouldn't be able to explain on an internet forum.

There are tons of books written on this topic. Some of them are written by guys that get girls (not girls themselves). Those are the guys that you should listen to. Read them and try out everything they tell you to. Read as many books as possible and try as many things as possible until you find out what works for you.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 PM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Could one of you ladies please put together a hundred pages or so...
100 pages? Are you trying to bore the woman to death, damn.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
First, NEVER ask a woman for advice about women.

Sensitive is generally a bad thing (despite what girls tell you). Unless the girl is crazy into you already, never show negative emotions (and even then, it's usually not good).

You can definitely tell girls they're hot/beautiful/sexy, but you have to do it the right way. What's the right way? Well, that's one of those things that I wouldn't be able to explain on an internet forum.

There are tons of books written on this topic. Some of them are written by guys that get girls (not girls themselves). Those are the guys that you should listen to. Read them and try out everything they tell you to. Read as many books as possible and try as many things as possible until you find out what works for you.
Let me ask you this - does this work as in trying to find a partner or as in trying to get laid every time you go out? And yes - there is a difference.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me ask you this - does this work as in trying to find a partner or as in trying to get laid every time you go out? And yes - there is a difference.
Yes, it works for everything. I don't go out trying to get laid all of the time. I date girls too. I really haven't found there to be much of a difference.

Just for argument's sake, what part of my post were you referring to?

Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Could one of you ladies please put together a hundred pages or so of an instruction manual, explaining to us men, exactly what you would like us to say, in what tone you would like us to say it, for every possible situation that could come up? Maybe you can't get every situation, but try to hit on the 100 or so most common.

I was just informed on another thread that i was wrong for telling a woman she was beautiful. Apparently in the situation, it was wrong. In other situations, women WANT you to tell them they are beautiful. Sometimes they want you to say they are sexy. Sometimes they don't want you to focus on a specific body part. They want you to be sensitive sometimes. But not TOO sensitive. A nice guy, but not a "nice guy".

Anyway, it's just too much for me to try and analyze. I already have a full time job... i can't really handle another one. So if one of you ladies publishes a manual, i'll gladly pay $19.95 to pick it up at my local Barnes and Noble or on Amazon
Heh It's true. No wonder guys are scared to say or do anything.

The only solution is to focus on the ONE you are with.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times
I wonder if foreign women are different from American women. I have been doing some reading, and there are a number of bloggers suggesting that women in other countries are nicer and more down to earth than American women. I will have to look into this more. American women are just SO gorgeous though. They are so pretty, it is tough to resist. But i just cannot deal with the arrogant and condescending attitudes anymore.

Anyway, this is definitely something i am going to give some more thought into and do some research on.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:10 PM

264 posts, read 309,028 times
Yeah, that's your problem: geography.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Yes, it works for everything. I don't go out trying to get laid all of the time. I date girls too. I really haven't found there to be much of a difference.

Just for argument's sake, what part of my post were you referring to?
This question wasn't based on this post alone - all your posts really. You come across as a player and you often talk about women like they are disposable. It's hard for me to picture women falling in love with this kind of a person.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I wonder if foreign women are different from American women. I have been doing some reading, and there are a number of bloggers suggesting that women in other countries are nicer and more down to earth than American women. I will have to look into this more. American women are just SO gorgeous though. They are so pretty, it is tough to resist. But i just cannot deal with the arrogant and condescending attitudes anymore.

Anyway, this is definitely something i am going to give some more thought into and do some research on.
And we're back to square one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships