Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you?
Hell No 28 46.67%
Probably not 12 20.00%
It's worth the price if we click in general 7 11.67%
Sure, I'll also open doors.etc for her and treat her like a princess 13 21.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:05 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
Women chasing...well, yes, many women are psychos these days.
My point is that in threads like this, we always hear from one or two members of the peanut gallery who like to express, for about the 200th time, their disdain for the fact that asking someone on a date generally means you are inviting that person out as a guest and are therefore expected to pay for them. They are jealous of the fact that women get asked out and treated to dates but no one approaches them, so they have to ask for, and pay for, dates themselves. They natter on in thread after thread about it, pouncing on any female poster they haven't seen here before in an attempt to take their frustrations out on her in thinly veiled agreements that are designed to try to make her feel like she's some sort of bought-and-paid-for prostitute for accepting a date that a man pays for. They are jealous of the perceived options and privileges women have in selecting from men who ask them out, because they don't have those options themselves.

It gets old.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:07 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
My how times have changed: In my day (now gather round while I put some Cherry Blend tobacco in my pipe and light it . You there, in the back, pay attention or I'll crack you in the head with my cane) men paid for almost everything. Sometimes, if you had dinner at the woman's house, she'd buy the steak (or whatever) but out on "dates" the man would pay. I don't know if I could change my ways if I was out there now.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,520 times
Anyone that doesn't agree with Team Housewives is a freak, no matter what.

Why should I envy women? I can have them in my bed for the right price, they don't complain or expect me to deal with their fairy tale princess issues.

The housewives probably can't stand a man who doesn't give women the opportunity to destroy their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
My point is that in threads like this, we always hear from one or two members of the peanut gallery who like to express, for about the 200th time, their disdain for the fact that asking someone on a date generally means you are inviting that person out as a guest and are therefore expected to pay for them. They are jealous of the fact that women get asked out and treated to dates but no one approaches them, so they have to ask for, and pay for, dates themselves. They natter on in thread after thread about it, pouncing on any female poster they haven't seen here before in an attempt to take their frustrations out on her in thinly veiled agreements that are designed to try to make her feel like she's some sort of bought-and-paid-for prostitute for accepting a date that a man pays for. They are jealous of the perceived options and privileges women have in selecting from men who ask them out, because they don't have those options themselves.

It gets old.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
My how times have changed: In my day (now gather round while I put some Cherry Blend tobacco in my pipe and light it . You there, in the back, pay attention or I'll crack you in the head with my cane) men paid for almost everything. Sometimes, if you had dinner at the woman's house, she'd buy the steak (or whatever) but out on "dates" the man would pay. I don't know if I could change my ways if I was out there now.
Well, if I don't pay at least my half, I don't want a guy thinking I 'owe' him something in return for it. I've heard many MANY stories from both my female and male friends about how women who don't put out after being bought dinner/drinks are treated. That's the main reason I always pay my way... I don't want to put myself in a position where the guy I'm with will think it's his right to get physical with me because he bought me a $10 burger and beer.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:14 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Oh for the love of man!! How is this thread any different than the last 50 on this subject? C-D should have an automatic filter that immediately closes a thread that's been discussed umpteen thousand times on the same old thing.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:19 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope, never offended. However, rarely get second dates. As in...out of probably 30 dates I've gone on 2 second dates.
Don't let that discourage you. If I am in the USA and I don't get a 2nd date because I accepted a woma's fake offer to pitch in, too bad. We did each other a favor.

Quote:
I really think it's hard to compare housework to paying for dates. Housework generally means you're living together and are far past the stage of just 'dating'.
But it involves someone doing it all, putting the effort, taking the initiative, etc. while the other one is comfortably just being lazy. It is unfair. Why do women have a different opinion when it comes to them leaving it all to a man when it comes to dating but when it comes to leaving it all to them when it comes to chores is another story?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:20 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Completely agreed. When they're with a woman they like, they get companionship and are happy being with that person and that's enough of a 'payback' for paying for dates.

If they're with a woman they don't much care for or just want to sleep with, they get angry that they have to pay because they think they 'deserve' something in return. Something more than just her company.

I can all but guarantee that if a woman was pretty and fun to be around he would gladly open his wallet up for her.
Pretty much. For all the talk about guys hate paying, I've never seen any man in my life get angry if its a woman that he genuinely likes

Old 10-12-2012, 02:20 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Well, if I don't pay at least my half, I don't want a guy thinking I 'owe' him something in return for it. I've heard many MANY stories from both my female and male friends about how women who don't put out after being bought dinner/drinks are treated. That's the main reason I always pay my way... I don't want to put myself in a position where the guy I'm with will think it's his right to get physical with me because he bought me a $10 burger and beer.
I have gone out with girls to pay for my meals (like I do for them) simply because they want to, are nice, enjoy each other's company, and are happy to be together .

Old 10-12-2012, 02:25 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,725 times
Dudes pay for dates.

AGAIN, WHY IS THIS A QUESTION!? If I wanted to go out with a guy, I'd be gay.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times
Quote:
I agree Jet. But there are some genuinely good guys out there who will wait until you are ready..if you ever want to go that far with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Dudes pay for dates.

AGAIN, WHY IS THIS A QUESTION!? If I wanted to go out with a guy, I'd be gay.
ha ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships