Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is significant weight gain enough of a reason to end a relationship?
Yes 27 45.76%
No 32 54.24%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,367,506 times

Advertisements

If you feel like braking up just do it. You do not need anyones approval.

And i hope your partner never takes you back. Just let your partner be if you dont love her/him anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 AM

29,668 posts, read 34,184,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Because of lifestyle, not a medical condition.
But the point is you don't seem to show much concern over why this lifestyle change has occured. If a person who's never had a weight problem puts on a bunch of weight for no reason, it's unlikely that it's just because of laziness. And it's not something that she's doing to you, she's doing it to herself. Shaming her by telling her that it's unacceptable to you isn't helping her get to the bottom of what's going on.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,599,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
If you feel like braking up just do it. You do not need anyones approval.

And i hope your partner never takes you back. Just let your partner be if you dont love her/him anymore.
lol... thanks for that. You seem to have trouble reading. My wife is the same weight she was in her early 20s. I don't think I'll be divorcing her anytime soon over weight.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But the point is you don't seem to show much concern over why this lifestyle change has occured. If a person who's never had a weight problem puts on a bunch of weight for no reason, it's unlikely that it's just because of laziness. And it's not something that she's doing to you, she's doing it to herself. Shaming her by telling her that it's unacceptable to you isn't helping her get to the bottom of what's going on.
Weight gain like this is gradual. I would be butting in at 10 lbs, not waiting for it to go beyond that.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 AM

4 posts, read 3,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Just because a woman has cellulite does not mean she is lazy it means she has cellulite. A lot of women get it or have even when very fit and thin. As far as rolls on the tummy that can come from many different things and the main reason is being pregnant and birthing a child. Just a hint for you as well, don't be surprised when you wake up one day with a tummy yourself, all that working out does not last forever and you can and probably will get that tummy as you age. So, don't be surprised when your woman just can't stand all that "unsightliness" and finds a guy who is 20 when you are 40 and trades you in for a new shiny pretty model.
Men age like wine. We don't have to worry about make-up not hiding our faces anymore, or sagging nasty breasts that look lifeless. And, working out does last forever (uncles are near 60 and still lean)...at least longer than perky breasts. Let's face it, once that chest drops, women have no power.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTheInternet View Post
Men age like wine. We don't have to worry about make-up not hiding our faces anymore, or sagging nasty breasts that look lifeless. And, working out does last forever (uncles are near 60 and still lean)...at least longer than perky breasts. Let's face it, once that chest drops, women have no power.
Working out pretty much does last forever for men... and it goes a long way for women too.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:58 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,081,891 times
People change as they age and a lot of people gain some weight as they get older especially after a woman has a few kids, but I would be pretty unhappy if I was married and my husband gained a lot of weight. Looks are important and if he gained 100 pounds I probably wouldn't be attracted to him anymore. I think if you love your partner then it's important to try to maintain your appearance within reason. It's one thing to marry someone who is already overweight and quite another to marry a thin person who turns into an obese person. Not to mention the health concerns I would have for him.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:03 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,367,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTheInternet View Post
Wow. Priceless post. Women are now reduced to the perkiness of their breasts. Maybe we should just be exterminated when we hit 35 as we are just subhuman after that.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
People change as they age and a lot of people gain some weight as they get older especially after a woman has a few kids, but I would be pretty unhappy if I was married and my husband gained a lot of weight. Looks are important and if he gained 100 pounds I probably wouldn't be attracted to him anymore. I think if you love your partner then it's important to try to maintain your appearance within reason. It's one thing to marry someone who is already overweight and quite another to marry a thin person who turns into an obese person. Not to mention the health concerns I would have for him.
I completely agree with your first point, strawberry. My wife is in her mid 30s, not early 20s. Of course she looks different, and I'd be a jerk if I expected her to be a perfect size two for life. If she is 30 lbs heavier when she's 65, I won't be surprised. That's reasonable weight gain. 100 pounds is not reasonable weight gain. That's an addiction .. and it's wrong to be an addict and to just expect your partner to deal.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 AM

30,618 posts, read 21,786,432 times
If that's important to you, yes. People split up for lessor reasons. Staying together in a poor relationship is a cancer that can suck the life out of you. You see it here all the time. He or she is abusive from almost day one and they stay together as if the relationship is worth hanging onto
Edited

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-13-2012 at 10:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships