Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
***so everyone is wondering if they were one of the people that helped or not***
I'm pretty sure I'm in the "not helping" category.

Which is fine by me, I don't want to enable the little weasel.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:34 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
One thing i will say is, i never understood why feminists supported Bill Clinton so much, since he was such a womanizer. But now i get it. Womanizers really aren't a threat to your movement. Guys who get laid a lot aren't likely to go out and organize any protest marches. It's the angry, lonely, sexually frustrated men who are getting together to form these men's rights movements. If anyone poses a threat to feminism, it's the guys who are NOT getting laid. The guys who ARE getting laid are perfectly happy to kiss women's a$$es... they will support any political platform you ladies want. Now i am seeing why Bill Clinton cheating on his wife wasn't really a big deal in the eyes of many feminists. It's those old white Republican guys not getting any who pose a threat to feminism.
Yeah, it's those angry, bitter men's libbers. Boycott women, that'll show 'em!

Your therapist should like this.

Look, we told you how to approach women, and how not to, but you trashed that advice. So you only have yourself to blame if you keep making the same mistakes.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, it's those angry, bitter men's libbers. Boycott women, that'll show 'em!

Your therapist should like this.

Look, we told you how to approach women, and how not to, but you trashed that advice. So you only have yourself to blame if you keep making the same mistakes.

The only thing anyone said was to basically be friends with them and get to know them. I've been trying that for years. Women have made it very clear to me that they find me repulsive. It hurts, and why just keep getting hurt over and over again? I am sure there are a number of other lonely, sexually frustrated guys who feel the same way.

I have started talking to several British women, and i am going to encourage other guys having trouble with American women to try and talk to foreign women. i am picking British women first mostly because of the language barrier, but i guess theoretically you could go to a number of places.

Why keep trying to go after the women who make it very clear they are repulsed by us and would rather not have us around? Obviously, a number of guys are doing just fine with American women, so i would recommend they just keep doing what is working for them. But it's time for those of us who have been struggling for years to see if there are some nicer women abroad who will treat us better. I do think American women are the most beautiful, but who wants to deal with all their demands? I sure don't. Frankly, i'll probably be bitter for awhile over the fact that in a country of 250 million people, 125 million women, i couldn't find someone. That's not going to be easy to get over. But still, enough is enough. Time for a change. Like you said, i can't keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Anyway, that's probably a more effective strategy for everyone all around. I am going to try and get a blog or website going this week to help other guys in my predicament.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 AM

264 posts, read 308,902 times
Are you actually talking to British women? Or emailing them? There's actually a difference.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM

264 posts, read 308,902 times
You should hook up with this guy. Because he sounds totally normal, sane and not at all like a crazy drunk posting the same things over and over.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN

Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPollard View Post
You should hook up with this guy. Because he sounds totally normal, sane and not at all like a crazy drunk posting the same things over and over.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
I think there are a few members here that would fit right in with that blogger, if one of them isn't him already...

Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPollard View Post

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
That site is AWESOME!!!

Gee... I'm so sad that I never got the chance to date those guys. They sound like real winners. Yup - we American women sure are feeling the effects of THAT boycott!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I am glad I married an American woman. She is awesome!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
You know, one of the challenges on this forum is dealing with people who ask advice. Hey, I'm a straight shooter who has lived a lot of life. I dated, made a smart choice in the woman I married, and have strong relationships with friends, colleagues, family, etc. It wasn't because I look like Pierce Brosnan or something. It's because I've tried to seek wisdom in my approach to relationships.

So if you truly need compassion, I'll give it to you. But if you are on the umpteenth nightmare relationship because you make idiotic choices in your life or in how you treat others, then I'll tell you right off the bat. Because, ultimately, it's far better for you to have mistakes pointed out, than to be cosseted by people who confuse sympathy with helping.

Yet if you give straightforward advice, some people will take it constructively, while others don't want to hear it. What the second group want instead is validation for their boneheaded mistakes and attitudes in life. And they don't like it when you don't give it to them.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times
I hope more Guys keep going for those foreign women, just gives me greater odds of getting an American Woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships