Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
People are going to criticize them, that's life. The bottom line is: not everyone is going to agree with this arrangement, so you may as well accept that and move on.
And these arrangements are going to continue to be popular so you might as well accept that!

Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
It isn't as black and white as ugly girls get made into booty calls while pretty girls are made into girlfriends. I think it's really all about what kind of treatment the woman demands. Hey, I've been the booty call before - we live and learn. I think most guys would be pretty happy to have a situation where they can hang out with their buddies, do whatever they want, and then later that night they can come over and get some no strings attached nookie without even making the effort of a date. What guy would say no to that?

Old 10-15-2012, 01:15 PM

896 posts, read 1,399,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
Most men if they are honest. will tell you that you get treated like you allow yourself to be treated. If they find a women who lets them treat her without respect and use her for sex, they will do it! A woman who demands a certain level of respect and care---gets it, or loses a creepy guy she doesnt need in the first place.

I am tired all all the blame being place on the woman and man has no responsibility at all. This is why i avoid dating. Every time I have when out I think is this wrong or doing something wrong since the man carries no responsbility what so ever according to these rules. It you sleep with him to soon your a booty call. If you wait to long, you are a prude. You can not win at all.

I think about a guy I once almost had a quote"booty call". I did not sleep with him but came close. I always thing if I quote "demanded respect" when we would have ever talk. I still think about this to this day. When you date, you are labeled. I think why her not me. These same guys who wanted me as a booty call have a girlfriend later and then I feel bad.

Lastly, I am not one of those people who had nothing to offer so it leaves my mind spinning. I doubt we would have connect because we did not much in common, but I think if I did not try to sleep with him would have he liked me a lot better. I do not know and always feel like I made a mistake which haunts to this day.

The problem is I wanted to sleep with him early, but I was also looking for friend. Granted this was years ago and I am much smarter now because I know I can not handle a booty call without getting attached.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:12 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I am tired all all the blame being place on the woman and man has no responsibility at all. This is why i avoid dating. Every time I have when out I think is this wrong or doing something wrong since the man carries no responsbility what so ever according to these rules. It you sleep with him to soon your a booty call. If you wait to long, you are a prude. You can not win at all.

I think about a guy I once almost had a quote"booty call". I did not sleep with him but came close. I always thing if I quote "demanded respect" when we would have ever talk. I still think about this to this day. When you date, you are labeled. I think why her not me. These same guys who wanted me as a booty call have a girlfriend later and then I feel bad.

Lastly, I am not one of those people who had nothing to offer so it leaves my mind spinning. I doubt we would have connect because we did not much in common, but I think if I did not try to sleep with him would have he liked me a lot better. I do not know and always feel like I made a mistake which haunts to this day.

The problem is I wanted to sleep with him early, but I was also looking for friend. Granted this was years ago and I am much smarter now because I know I can not handle a booty call without getting attached.
Yeah, you are right and I've often had the same complaints. If you wait too long then you're a prude and if you do it right away you're some kind of easy damaged goods...so I don't know. I just try to do what feels right and sometimes I'm wrong, but that's the risk you take with dating. But I have learned if a guy doesn't make effort to stay in touch with me and actually do things with me during day light hours and let me meet his friends, then he's probably not serious about a relationship.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:06 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,956 times
In my experience(and I've said this before) alot of the women who say or insinuate that all the guys they're interested in/vice versa only want bootycalls or FWB are talking about men who are WAY above the their level. These guys can have thier pick and aren't settling down period probably. I'm sure they could've found relationships with guys who were/Around their level but they dont want that. To use an extreme example that mirrors this common situation, it would be like if a woman was entertaining Superstar athletes but then got mad when they only wanted sex and didnt want to commit to them. It's like... What did you expect?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
In my experience(and I've said this before) alot of the women who say or insinuate that all the guys they're interested in/vice versa only want bootycalls or FWB are talking about men who are WAY above the their level. These guys can have thier pick and aren't settling down period probably. I'm sure they could've found relationships with guys who were/Around their level but they dont want that. To use an extreme example that mirrors this common situation, it would be like if a woman was entertaining Superstar athletes but then got mad when they only wanted sex and didnt want to commit to them. It's like... What did you expect?
The men who have approached me/asked me about being FWB or a booty call have all been on my level or lower. I know exactly where I stand on the dating scale and I don't even bother with men who are 'above' me. I think they 'choose' me because they think I'm easy due to my height, my weight, my tattoos or my attitude.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 PM

896 posts, read 1,399,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

This guy was way below my level! It took me years to realize that, but I still question myself which is sad.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
The problem is, as far as I can gather, that I am degrading my friend, and possibly myself, by having sex with a person whose friendship, opinion and company I value. While others who think that they know better than either of us are not degrading.

That makes no sense but I think that's what some people are saying

I agree. Here is an interesting theory that I have. Have you ever wondered why some men always get the women in the club? Looks attract women but it is more about confidence than anything else that keeps them.

1. Man number one walks up to an attractive female that he really likes,and stumbles over his words and is very awkward in his approach, but for the most part is honest.

2. Man number two is smooth and confident, his mannerisms are all on point and his moves are pratically flawless, but he lies like romney.

Which one the majority of females would pick and why?

#2, Because of his confidence they he has which the majority of the time is due to the "fallback female". Let me make explain if you have nothing to lose you are more inclined to say/do anything to get what you want. In this case sex. The man in scenario #1 has no one to fall back on and therefore all of his eggs are in one basket, this is alot of pressure and he is thinking hard about anything that he says or does might be disasterous so he is overly cautious.

I noticed this from my own personal experiances and the observation of others, so I have shared this information with my close females friends and family. For you ladies, watch out for the "smooth guy" because he has practice and is use to getting rejected and does not care because he has something to fall back on. That awkward guy that you and your girls sit back and laugh at may be the man that you always dreamed about.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post

Its very simple....if you act like a lady then you can never go wrong with your own behavior.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexianna123 View Post
do men make women they don't find pretty enough booty calls? just use them for sex and take the very pretty ones out on dates and make their girlfriend
I'll admit that when a woman of interest doesn't want a 'complete' relationship with me that I have considered salvaging the situation by proposing a FWB relationship. But then the head between my shoulders takes over and I recognize that if I liked her enough to try to make her my girlfriend, then doing this would be giving her another reason why she shouldn't be in a relationship with me to start with.

[that damn little head of mine...!]

[appearance has nothing to do with it BTW]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.