Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 PM

65 posts, read 105,891 times

Advertisements

I met a girl online. She is 29 yrs old with a 7 year old daughter.

We were planning to meet for our FIRST date and while we were talking on the phone she asked two things that caught be a bit off guard:

1. She asked me if I was financially stable enough to support a wife who could stay home with young children. She said she hopes to have one or two more kids with the right guy and prefers to stay at home in the first few years when the kids are young.

2. She asked me to pay for her daughter's child care (or a baby sitter) while we went on our FIRST DATE. She is in nursing school and her cash flow is not good right now. The cost for the child care is not much ($30 or $40 bucks for 3 hours). But as a rule, I don't pay for other kids child care, esp. people I don't know.

Mind you, we have NOT even met in person yet. And we've only chatted a few times on the phone. Am I overreacting to delete this girl's number now and move on to the next person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Nah. Don't date a woman who wants your money before you even meet her.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon12 View Post
Am I overreacting to delete this girl's number now and move on to the next person?
run away and never look back

Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:

We were planning to meet for our FIRST date and while we were talking on the phone she asked two things that caught be a bit off guard:

1. She asked me if I was financially stable enough to support a wife who could stay home with young children. She said she hopes to have one or two more kids with the right guy and prefers to stay at home in the first few years when the kids are young.

2. She asked me to pay for her daughter's child care (or a baby sitter) while we went on our FIRST DATE. She is in nursing school and her cash flow is not good right now. The cost for the child care is not much ($30 or $40 bucks for 3 hours). But as a rule, I don't pay for other kids child care, esp. people I don't know.

Mind you, we have NOT even met in person yet. And we've only chatted a few times on the phone. Am I overreacting to delete this girl's number now and move on to the next person?
Dude, delete that woman's number NOW. The request indicates a lot of BS is going to happen down the line. Don't walk, RUN away from this woman.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Nah. Don't date a woman who wants your money before you even meet her.
Exactly.

Hmm...I could use some extra cash...I only need to find one sucker to make this worth my while...

Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:

Did she also ask if you have a college degree?

She's already counting the Child Support monies even though you haven't met her yet.

Want to be her slave, go on ahead.

Otherwise head for the hills!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
How tacky. Of course you should delete her.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:29 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
Run Forest, Run!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly.

Hmm...I could use some extra cash...I only need to find one sucker to make this worth my while...
Just make him a deal that he can't refuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships