Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
the first one is women, the second one is men.
The irony in what you bolded and then replied is off the hook.

I mean, wouldn't men want to make a good impression since they're taking the woman out on the date and paying? Wouldn't a man want to impress her by taking her to a nice place and footing the bill? Don't men want to impress women when they go on a date?

And women, what's in it for me: if I'm going to go on a date with him, he better not use a coupon, it better be a nice place, etc. no subway, no coupons, or guys like that shouldn't be dating. If anything, I get a nice meal out of it. Didn't someone say, if the guy is using the date to try to get sex at least get a nice meal out of it????

Nah, never mind, that doesn't make any sense.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Perhaps on this thread - but there are some women out there that are just looking to see what is in it for them, too - like free food, free trips, gifts, etc. Those that are attractive enough can sometimes find men willing to indulge them - either knowingly or unknowingly. Those that aren't as attractive but are still "me" oriented are probably not very happy.

It's always men though that start these threads about "why should I pay out money FOR HER?" "Why should I buy an engagement ring?" etc. etc.

And IMO, the men are never 'unknowingly' sucked into the situation, the majority of them that get taken for a ride, get wrapped up in some woman's looks and then use that as a measure for what kind of person she is.

You disagree, I already know, but men in general are 'me' oriented which is why I said women need to start thinking the same way.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 PM

By the way, Dew, if there's one team I don't mind the Texans losing to, it's Green Bay.

When the Oilers left Houston, the Pack became my favorite team and I cheer for them when they're playing the other 30 teams in the league. Big A-Rod fan.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
The irony in what you bolded and then replied is off the hook.

I mean, wouldn't men want to make a good impression since they're taking the woman out on the date and paying? Wouldn't a man want to impress her by taking her to a nice place and footing the bill? Don't men want to impress women when they go on a date?

And women, what's in it for me: if I'm going to go on a date with him, he better not use a coupon, it better be a nice place, etc. no subway, no coupons, or guys like that shouldn't be dating. If anything, I get a nice meal out of it. Didn't someone say, if the guy is using the date to try to get sex at least get a nice meal out of it????

Nah, never mind, that doesn't make any sense.

You really want me to answer those questions? I don't think you do. Said it before, they want what they want from women with as little effort and responsibility as possible on their part.

And one person on here said: "guys like that use coupons shouldn't be dating" but keep running with it though.....And if he is just using the woman to try and get sex (as they so often do), I didn't say it, but yes get a nice meal out of him. Why should he be the only one that gets to use someone.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
By the way, Dew, if there's one team I don't mind the Texans losing to, it's Green Bay.

When the Oilers left Houston, the Pack became my favorite team and I cheer for them when they're playing the other 30 teams in the league. Big A-Rod fan.
I was raised in L.A. so I lost my teams pretty early on. I adopted the Pack when I was in college - big Brett Favre fan! I also root for Michigan players in the NFL and sometimes for NY teams since I live in NY. But I'm predominantly a Packer fan.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
You really want me to answer those questions? I don't think you do. Said it before, they want what they want from women with as little effort and responsibility on their part.

And one person on here said: "guys like that use coupons shouldn't be dating" but keep running with it though.....And if he is just using the woman to try and get sex (as they so often do), I didn't say it, but yes get a nice meal out of him. Why should he be the only one that gets to use someone.
I apologize.

Men don't try to make a good impression on dates and women never want anything out of it for them.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
It's always men though that start these threads about "why should I pay out money FOR HER?" "Why should I buy an engagement ring?" etc. etc.

And IMO, the men are never 'unknowingly' sucked into the situation, the majority of them that get taken for a ride, get wrapped up in some woman's looks and then use that as a measure for what kind of person she is.

You disagree, I already know, but men in general are 'me' oriented which is why I said women need to start thinking the same way.
Do you ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever say anything remotely positive?????

At all???

Not even just about men... you never say ANYTHING postive......I've seen people here try and good natured joke with you and you come back with some off the wall socially awkward negative comments.....

Yeah.. I know... you're gonna say for me to put you on ignore, cause I ain't gonna change your mind.....

Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM

150 posts, read 305,767 times
Quote:

Right, there are no "me" oriented women in the world, sure.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
They don't want to shell out any money, they feel entitled to free sex or anything else they want without any efforts on their part. That's what it boils down to.
I think that if the men are thinking of the arrangement as being more of an FWB than it developing into a romantic arrangment, of course they aren't interested in picking of the whole tab for the dinner. Friends split checks, but a man courting the woman of his dreams would want to impress her with buying dinners and flowers.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Do you ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever say anything remotely positive?????

At all???

Not even just about men... you never say ANYTHING postive......I've seen people here try and good natured joke with you and you come back with some off the wall socially awkward negative comments.....

Yeah.. I know... you're gonna say for me to put you on ignore, cause I ain't gonna change your mind.....

If you already know, what I would say, why do you bother wasting your time posting to me then?

If someone is good natured joking did it ever occur to you that I don't necessarily 'get joking the way that other people do?' If they are "socially awkward negative comments" did you ever consider that it's not done to annoy you as (some unimportant stranger to boot) but rather -- because those are my actual thoughts on the matter? No, those things don't occur to you, because you only want to tell me what you want me to think and say on here, that's it. I guess I should say something 'positive' about what you've just said to me?

And once again: Nobody is obligated to post positive streams of thought for your benefit. So too bad for you on that one. You can keep reading it though and then telling me what you don't like about it, not that that's actually going to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships