Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 AM

37,586 posts, read 45,944,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Paul View Post
and you sound broke \\

btw i am not a man i choose the screen based on a actor i love and he sxey and rich unlike your broke a$$

ladies if your tired of dealing with broke american men date an african or an arab these men are very traditional and masculine they dont have the same whiny effeminate traits as white american males
Okay now you are sounding like a *ho*.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:53 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Career woman these days have more money than the average male..who ever is richer- should pay...silly to have a guy give up his last 100 bucks to impress the woman when she has 10,000 bucks of disposable cash. There is nothing wrong with the woman paying..in the alternative...if the male has money...let them pay....Money has become a huge thing these days between couples...Look at the on line dating sites...Total turn off...when they post how much money they make and what they expect..who needs that kind of love?

Old 10-16-2012, 07:18 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,069,915 times
I expect to share the bill. For me that seems to be the most sensible, especially if the girl is somewhat liberal and believe in equal treatment of men and women. The only persuasive argument for me paying is if a girl tells me she believe in classical gender roles. If not, it shows that you want to keep tradition that are advantageous to women, but remove the ones who aren't.

If a girl makes a big scene when I tell her we should split the bill, then I will pay to avoid any drama, drive her home, and never contact her again.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
For you guys that state that you dont think you should pay for your dates food, drink, etc. I still havent heard specifically why it angers you to pick up the check.

Do you feel you are being taken advantage of?
Is it because women now have equal legal and civil rights?
Is it because women now make as much money as you?

Just what angers you. What is your goal when you decide you want to "go out" with a woman. Do you just want to hang out and have fun. Because you can do that with friends. Are you just trying to get laid. Because you dont have to "date" to do that. Or do you hope to develop a romantic relationship, fall in love, perhaps marry and have a family?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,222,755 times
I don't mind paying, but they shouldn't mind the fact that I'm not spending much money.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
For you guys that state that you dont think you should pay for your dates food, drink, etc. I still havent heard specifically why it angers you to pick up the check.

Do you feel you are being taken advantage of?
Is it because women now have equal legal and civil rights?
Is it because women now make as much money as you?

Just what angers you. What is your goal when you decide you want to "go out" with a woman. Do you just want to hang out and have fun. Because you can do that with friends. Are you just trying to get laid. Because you dont have to "date" to do that. Or do you hope to develop a romantic relationship, fall in love, perhaps marry and have a family?
Because it is an outdated notion. I may be very well throwing money away for nothing, money that could be better spent elsewhere. Who knows if the date leads to anything substantial?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,222,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Because it is an outdated notion. I may be very well throwing money away for nothing, money that could be better spent elsewhere. Who knows if the date leads to anything substantial?
Be like me, do free stuff.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,721,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
That's what I advocate for on the first 3 dates or things that are low cost (no more than $15 total). This allows for one to see if chemistry is there without draining your bank account.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
That's what I advocate for on the first 3 dates or things that are low cost (no more than $15 total). This allows for one to see if chemistry is there without draining your bank account.
This is perfectly reasonable. I don't understand why "paying" I'd equated with spending huge dollars. It is more equated with taking care of the details. It is like if you ask you need to plan the outing. You can't just show up and say what should we do.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:28 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Quote:
Then the problem becomes will a woman go for that or will I come off like a cheap b^&@@*d?

(See my thread I started today) I guess we shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.