Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Virgin woman vs non-virgin but only in serious relationships
I have to say I'll go for the virgin... she wins 35 41.67%
I'll go for the other one; she has a certain level of experience 31 36.90%
Other 18 21.43%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times

Advertisements

It's a myth that guys want virgins(especially past a certain age). They tend to be clingy.

Give me a woman who knows what she's doing, I don't have time to teach anyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
PLEASE stop with the virgin threads!!!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:25 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Good grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
Is a virgin woman really a man's universal dream if he's actually looking for something serious?
Depends on the man, but I would say no. Already evidence of this in this thread. In this day and age, the majority of men in real life realize that a woman doesn't have to be a virgin to be an amazing partner in their life.

Quote:
How about a non-virgin woman with reasonable number (example: 4 bfs who were long-term relationships) that doesn't sleep around but had only relationships?
"A reasonable number?" There is no way to even get a consensus on what people think IS a reasonable number to begin with. Then the issue of whether it matters. I will admit, there are guys out there who will judge a woman who has had over a certain, undetermined number. However, based on what I have seen on C-D, the reasoning behind that is full of stereotypes, and factless based judgements. It is healthy for women to be sexually active, and nobody's manhood or experience is diminished by having a life partner who has had multiple partners in her past, and has kept herself safe and healthy.

Quote:
Now both present all the qualities you're seeking but the only difference is one is a virgin and hasn't done anything at all (not even making-out) and the other is a non-virgin who only done it in serious relationships?

Or will they chose the virgin over the other woman?
I cannot even answer this hypothetical. When evaluating women, I have yet to meet two who have have been otherwise identical except for the level of their sexual experience. Sure, I can paint with a broad brush and lump some major qualities together. However, once you get to know them, they are all unique with their own likes, quirks, etc.

In a sexual context, your compatability with her in intimacy is far more important than her level of past activity. If your libidos and ability to satisfy each other is not compatable, it makes no difference if her number is 0 or 100,000,000.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:12 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
The idea of virginity being pure is an archaic concept from the Judeo-Christian tradition. It stems from the idea that sexuality is bad, and a sin, and impure.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:42 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
Is a virgin woman really a man's universal dream if he's actually looking for something serious? How about a non-virgin woman with reasonable number (example: 4 bfs who were long-term relationships) that doesn't sleep around but had only relationships?

Now both present all the qualities you're seeking but the only difference is one is a virgin and hasn't done anything at all (not even making-out) and the other is a non-virgin who only done it in serious relationships?

Or will they chose the virgin over the other woman?
if she is a virgin, it depends on her age, because i don't want to sleep with a woman that is way too much younger than me, the reason why i would like a virgin woman is because i am a virgin too, but i'm not gonna raise my standards that extremely high, as in, it is not mandatory, not a must-be for the woman to be a virgin, it's plus if she is, but not a deal-breaker

Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
I prefer to have a virgin female because I am also a virgin. I have never had sex with anyone. I feel that both the man and woman should be virgin before marriage. I also have a bit more trust if said female is a virgin.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:38 PM

105 posts, read 182,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
if she is a virgin, it depends on her age, because i don't want to sleep with a woman that is way too much younger than me, the reason why i would like a virgin woman is because i am a virgin too, but i'm not gonna raise my standards that extremely high, as in, it is not mandatory, not a must-be for the woman to be a virgin, it's plus if she is, but not a deal-breaker
One of my female cousin is a 24 year-old virgin. She sure is taking her time and has rejected all the guys who asked her out. I once asked her why and her answer was ''I want him similar to me, it's either that or nothing''.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:41 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
I don't ask whether or not someone is virgin.

Now what?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 PM

12 posts, read 11,839 times
This largely depends on the age group. Most men in their 30s would prefer a woman who has experience under her belt. A younger guy in his late teens may not have an issue with dating a teen virgin.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 PM

800 posts, read 508,439 times
Quote:
The idea of virginity being pure is an archaic concept from the Judeo-Christian tradition. It stems from the idea that sexuality is bad, and a sin, and impure.
There truth to that statement but for some people that isn't a factor. I don't have a religious bone in my body but I would like it if I was single and met a cute virgin(although I certainly don't expect it by any means). I'll be honest, theres a jealousy and territorial issue at work here and if a guy says it doesn't exist whatsoever I don't believe him, its human nature. Would a man not mind at all knowing that a girl who he's in a relationship with has had sex with 40 guys previously? I don't want emotional attachment to somebody who's shared such an intimate act with that many others. If we're talking strictly friends with benefits theres women who are good for that and then theres marriage material women, two different groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships