Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Well...

Ill never approach someone at work... So I guess that's one form of discrimination...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,057 times
Strippers and Prostitutes.

I find female LEO, Teachers and Flight Attendants hott though.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:12 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Gosh, this subject looks Ladies, have you found that certain "categories" of men... so familiar! lol

Old 10-16-2012, 01:49 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I personally don't really care for Teachers and Lawyers.

Anyone else have negative feelings toward dating partners of certain professions?
Why knock the OP. This person is honest.

Teachers - I used to think more highly of them, but that has declined. In looking at FB, a lot of the girls from my HS who went into lower-grade teaching were lackluster in brains, reasonably popular, conformist types. You know instantly when a bunch of grade school teachers is sitting next to you in a coffeehouse - the minute they sit down. After being around little kids ALL the type, their behavior outside also says "grade school teacher." I know a guy who was bouncing around after a marketing degree who then did the teacher credential route in CA and couldn't believe how catty and b itchy his fellow female co-workers were toward each other. The college professors are the worst, though. Essentially, they are snobby bureaucrats. Much of the thesis/dissertation work that is pushed out is essentially make-work that they preside over.

Lawyers - they are definitely articulate, confident, and interesting to talk to. I cannot say that I like what law school has done to some of my friends, in that it teaches one's mind to bend in ways that it previously did not.

High level health professionals - in college, one notices that all the pre-health people (med, dent, pharm) disappear and form their own clique. Once college is over, these people fall off the face of the earth if you are not in a field that is allied to theirs. If any profession really only likes to hang out among its own, it's this one.

A lot of them have quirks, but not as noticeable as these professions do.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:54 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Women tend to be much more discriminate about who they date in regards to profession then the reverse. Women want a man to make a certain amount of money in a certain profession, or be aspiring to a degree and if he can't fulfill those requirements. She immediately deems him as worthless and as a piece of chit
Odd how so many blue collar, low wage earning men are happily married.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:54 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
Not single, but when I was I would never have dated a cop or dirty professions(janitor, garbage man, etc).

Old 10-16-2012, 01:56 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Odd how so many blue collar, low wage earning men are happily married.
Many blue collar people are "what you see is what you get." There's not much pretense there, so I doubt they are overly complicated in their relationships.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:58 PM

249 posts, read 306,625 times
Personally if you ever worked for the government. I wouldn't consider you. I find most government employees to be the epitome of what is wrong with this country.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:00 PM

249 posts, read 306,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Strippers and Prostitutes.

I find female LEO, Teachers and Flight Attendants hott though.
Your missing out some of the wildest women in bed are strippers and prostitutes.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I find your typical software engineer isn't quite social enough for me. But the ones who decided to be managers (and enjoy people management) or went back to school for an MBA tend to be the right fit.

Don't like investment banker lifers. It is one thing to do it and cash out. It is a completely different personality type to be a career IB person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships