Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 08:20 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogoG View Post
I have tried everything too but in Silicon Bay Area is impossible to meet someone. Now I only leave my house to work and spend all my time with my dog, friends or family instead of wanting to be with someone. However I have a huge empty hole in my heart. I understand. Especially where I live all the white men prefer to date Asian women so it is a no win situation for me since I'm white. Also, unfortunately I only work with women since I'm a teacher. That makes meeting someone hard as well.
I find this hard to believe. If you are average or better looking, you should kill it in the bay area since the bay area is a sausage fest. Plenty of men (and rich ones at that) in the bay area and good portion of them are single.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:24 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
You either have to step up to the plate and may possibly ask a man out, or lower your standards. There are a lot of good guys out there, some maybe too shy to make a move. I have seen below average women trying to hold out for a guy way above them. They need to lower their standards. If a girl is really attractive, all she really has to do is going out to a bar and club and im sure someone will hit on her, she may not like the guy but someone will make a move at some point. A girl i went to a wedding with as a date was hit on by at least 3-4 times throughout the night.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I find this hard to believe. If you are average or better looking, you should kill it in the bay area since the bay area is a sausage fest. Plenty of men (and rich ones at that) in the bay area and good portion of them are single.
Your mileage may vary based on the type you are and the type you want. It also depends on where you live in the Bay. There are a lot of men, but also a lot of men who aren't all that social. Good luck finding one of those workoholic engineers. They are either working long hours or playing video games (to massively stereotype.) There is a reason that many bay area couples meet at work, people spend most of their time there.

And then there are the ones who live in suburbia, which doesn't give you many options to "be in public" to meet people.

The other thing I find there is a big subset of men who of course aren't really ready for relationships. They do a lot of hooking up because they feel like they have lots of options. And then of course there are the men looking for models, when the Bay is more about natural beauty.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:44 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Your mileage may vary based on the type you are and the type you want. It also depends on where you live in the Bay. There are a lot of men, but also a lot of men who aren't all that social. Good luck finding one of those workoholic engineers. They are either working long hours or playing video games (to massively stereotype.) There is a reason that many bay area couples meet at work, people spend most of their time there.

And then there are the ones who live in suburbia, which doesn't give you many options to "be in public" to meet people.

The other thing I find there is a big subset of men who of course aren't really ready for relationships. They do a lot of hooking up because they feel like they have lots of options. And then of course there are the men looking for models, when the Bay is more about natural beauty.
That sounds like most guys in most cities. But I do agree with you on the "depending on the type you are" thing. The more narrowly focused you are or the more expansive your list of requirements are, it's going to be much harder/longer it'll take to find someone.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchagoodfish View Post
I'm so tired of being single and don't know where to meet eligible single nice men.

I tried dating services, online dating, speeding dating, church, dance classes and cooking classes and I still can't find a nice man to go out with. I'm beginning that there's no man out there for me.

If you have an fabulous and creative ideas, please respond back.
I know a number of handsome Bible believing God revering men that do not have a woman. Seek God in his Word and trust him in Jesus Christ and you might just find exactly what you are looking for.

Marriage is a God ordained institution and is to demonstrate commitment to God and one another.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 AM

18 posts, read 18,428 times
That's a good suggestion. I wouldn't mind taking dancing classes and cooking classes.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchagoodfish View Post
That's a good suggestion. I wouldn't mind taking dancing classes and cooking classes.
You're not going to meet single men there. You'll see men with their girlfriends/wives.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 AM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, he may have a point. My attractive friends (especially my sister, who is really not a great person) have men lined up for them. I'm constantly asked about my female friends by men who are hoping to ask them out. If you're pretty, you're going to be approached often, if you're not attractive you're not going to be approached. Its' as simple as that.

I've been told I'm attractive (I have no opinion on whether I am...that's just what I've been told), and I'm definitely not approached often. And I have friends at school who range from attractive to drop dead gorgeous and they don't have guys beating down their door either.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 AM

41 posts, read 53,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I've been told I'm attractive (I have no opinion on whether I am...that's just what I've been told), and I'm definitely not approached often.
It depends on who told you you were attractive. If it was men who told you that then you probably are, and you just don't notice the approaches. Attractive women don't actually have to do anything to be approached.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I've been told I'm attractive (I have no opinion on whether I am...that's just what I've been told), and I'm definitely not approached often. And I have friends at school who range from attractive to drop dead gorgeous and they don't have guys beating down their door either.
So no one, not one single, good guy has approached you and your classmates within the last 6 months? I find that really hard to believe if you guys are truly attractive & gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships