Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 11:14 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
The reason I've eliminated all options is because all dating "options" are absolutely atrocious. Dating in general is just horrible, about as enjoyable as amputating a limb without anesthesia
OK, then you'll need to get over this before you can move on constructively. I've been avoiding suggesting this all night, but you have me up against a wall. C O U N S E L I N G. To help you over your social anxiety/dating discomfort. You make enough money, you can afford it. I figured you'd hate the idea, but you dug yourself into this hole yourself. When desperate, try counseling. There are people who specialize in social anxiety and coaching. I'm outa here, you're on your own now. Thx for yr end comment, btw.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, then you'll need to get over this before you can move on constructively. I've been avoiding suggesting this all night, but you have me up against a wall. C O U N S E L I N G. To help you over your social anxiety/dating discomfort. You make enough money, you can afford it. I figured you'd hate the idea, but you dug yourself into this hole yourself. When desperate, try counseling. There are people who specialize in social anxiety and coaching. I'm outa here, you're on your own now. Thx for yr end comment, btw.

Counseling is the sissy way out, it won't work for me

Old 10-26-2012, 11:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Quote:
Counseling is the sissy way out, it won't work for me
And rejecting any and all advice is just as cowardly.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:29 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
And rejecting any and all advice is just as cowardly.

Maybe some people are just meant to be alone?

I got my hair cut today by this cutie who has cut my hair before and there was just no doubt in my mind that she would turn me down if I even tried...so what's the point?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:

I got my hair cut today by this cutie who has cut my hair before and there was just no doubt in my mind that she would turn me down if I even tried...so what's the point?
You're only meant to be alone if you choose to remain alone. Remember that.

The point is to talk. Small talk, talk about random stuff. Women will actually talk to you if you open your mouth and directly speak to them. Even if you don't ask her out, you still just had a hair cut long conversation about whatever with a woman that you were attracted to. That's how you break your shyness.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times
Quote:

Some people clearly are cursed, and things just don't work out for us no matter how hard we try. We just don't get what we want.

But i don't think you are in that camp, considering you haven't even really tried. I've tried, hard, for a long time... and nothing works for me. So i've pretty much given up. But you haven't even really tried anything.

And nothing wrong with going to counseling, if you can afford it. I go occasionally and i would definitely go more often if it wasn't so expensive.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You're only meant to be alone if you choose to remain alone. Remember that.

The point is to talk. Small talk, talk about random stuff. Women will actually talk to you if you open your mouth and directly speak to them. Even if you don't ask her out, you still just had a hair cut long conversation about whatever with a woman that you were attracted to. That's how you break your shyness.
Come on, seriously? Even you don't honestly believe that.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Come on, seriously? Even you don't honestly believe that.
You can argue it and fight against it if you want. It's true.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Yea it's going to take me to be forever alone until the age of like 30 before I can find somebody I suppose

Maybe I should just focus on becoming a millionaire and going on one of those millionaire dating sites when I'm 35ish? I don't know how else I am ever going to get a girlfriend

I'm going to start saving up for a Girlfriend Experience. They are expensive but it sounds nice. Did you ever see the movie with Sasha Grey? By the way, i'm 31 and i still haven't found someone.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:15 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I'm going to start saving up for a Girlfriend Experience. They are expensive but it sounds nice. Did you ever see the movie with Sasha Grey? By the way, i'm 31 and i still haven't found someone.
Do you play games? Like, board games, MMORPGs, Xbox live etc? Two of my girlfriends have found their boyfriends by playing WoW, one from LoL and a really shy nerdy type guy friend of mine found his wife playing board games at a card place.

I'll be 29 next month and have been single for years, with zero prospects on the horizon. So, I decided to get a fresh start and move across the country. I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself and using excuses to blame others for my bad experiences. Perhaps you and brahmabull117 should consider the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships