U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM

11,417 posts, read 18,626,418 times

Advertisements

I see lots of negative feelings and outlooks being posted in this forum lately. Not that anybody is above feeling or getting into a slump like that. But lets have a thread and post positive and motivating themes. It can be a saying, song, a slogan whatever you want to share.

So you like someone but you are afraid of rejection. So you are unhappy in your relationship or where you are at in life right now. So you think you are ugly or don't have the body everybody else has or that you want. So you aren't as good as you want to be with passion of yours (ugh like maybe guitar) and feel like throwing in the towel sometimes because you feel like you are spinning your wheels. Whatever the case may be there might not be specific answers to them for you from others other than you deciding the direction but usually there is a answer if you step up to the plate and here is some motivation to inspire you to do so...

I and believe me the advice I'll give below and that you will give I need to listen to sometimes also

I'll start, here are two of my favorite quotes, " those that never had a chance never took a chance". "To thine own self be true". "You can't be captain of the sea but you can be captain of your ship"

What do those quotes mean to me, what can they mean to you? There have been times I liked a girl but was lacked confidence to approach so I never took a chance. Maybe I would have been shot down, but who knows maybe I could have scored, which leads to another bit of wisdom "victory favors the bold". And if you do get shot down brush it off and get back up again.

"To thine own self be true". I remember a time back in one of my former band all the other guys in the band liked the typical thin barbie type chick and joked about "fat girls". Well I don't really care for the thin athletic barbie, I like voluptuous women with jelly jiggle. I liked a girl, she liked me, a girl that followed our band but I let my friends in the band dictate what was "appropriate" for a bandmate's girlfriend and I was a fool and did not follow my heart. The thing is their girls were bimbos personality wise and that girl was real besides I liking her looks wise. So what are you gonna do be a fool or to thine own self be true? Regret is a bitter pill to swallow.

"Can't be captain of the sea but you can be of your ship". I love guitar, but there are times despite I putting much effort into it that I feel I am spinning my wheels and when I see others playing so beyond it can be discouraging and jealousy is a fast lane to the dark side. So instead, if you are not where you want to be, if you want to be like others you admire, focus on that goal and eventually it leads to success and you should measure your success by your own rules not by other people's.

Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down) Lyrics - YouTube

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 PM

9,048 posts, read 14,342,191 times
I LOVE that song. LOVE it. It's on my mp3 player.

I do believe that we create our happiness or lack thereof. There is only so much we can blame on bad luck. I am the common denominator, in the good and the bad. I own my role in it all.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

"we create our happiness or lack thereof". .

Passthechocolate's words of wisdom to the thread. Although "pass the chocolate" are words of wisdom also. Buy 2 get one free at Publix today, I came home with bags of chocolate but I swear I'll save some for Halloween. Or I'll go buy more if I have to.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 PM

42,677 posts, read 44,385,564 times
Positive thing.......hmmm I helped my son with his biomes tonight for his test. He is now ready and more confident.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Positive thing.......hmmm I helped my son with his biomes tonight for his test. He is now ready and more confident.
Cool. Any thoughts or ideas you have or use to motivate or inspire yourself you care to share?

I mean when a poster asks for opinions on like " my husband drinks all day and I want to leave but I'm scared" or " no one will date me because I'm from India" or " I hate my job what should I do?" or " I can't find love" or " first she liked me but now she won't answer her phone" or "I hate my body" or " I hate living here and want to move but I am stuck in a upside down loan" there are answers to all these questions but it might not be what the person wants hear.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 PM

9,665 posts, read 8,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Cool. Any thoughts or ideas you have or use to motivate or inspire yourself you care to share?

I mean when a poster asks for opinions on like " my husband drinks all day and I want to leave but I'm scared" or " no one will date me because I'm from India" or " I hate my job what should I do?" or " I can't find love" or " first she liked me but now she won't answer her phone" or "I hate my body" or " I hate living here and want to move but I am stuck in a upside down loan" there are answers to all these questions but it might not be what the person wants hear.
The best inspiration I have are my grandparents. They've been in a happy marriage for over 60 years. Met each other in middle school and were each others first everything. They don't argue at their house and it's fun to come over and visit.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 PM

25,953 posts, read 26,811,742 times
I saw a sign not too long ago that made me smile. It read:

"Life is not about weathering the storm, it's learning to dance in the rain."

Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM

9,048 posts, read 14,342,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I saw a sign not too long ago that made me smile. It read:

"Life is not about weathering the storm, it's learning to dance in the rain."
Me likey!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM

10,082 posts, read 14,060,226 times
The best inspiration I get is when I listen to hypnosis NLP programs, best ROI I ever spent and paid instant dividends. Tony Robbins is good and there are plenty of others. I am always interested in investing in myself. Whether it be NLP, developing a better memory there is always something to learn. Just wish it were like the Matrix instant download of knowledge.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM

42,677 posts, read 44,385,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

I whisper words of wisdom......let it be.
Don't tell me love isn't true that it's something we just do.
I won't give up on us even if the sky gets rough...
YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME...
I'll get over you I know I will even if my ship starts sinking, I tell myself I'm over you because I'm the king of wishful thinking.
In the middle of the night, I go walking in the river so deep...
May all your good fortunes teach you well and do to others as you do to yourself.....For.....ever....Young.
I do it All for love all for One...
Just a man named Monday.....whoah whoah
Don't go chasing water falls, please stick to the rivers and lakes that your used too..
If I had a million dollars...
I will never ever go back to you...
I can see clearly now the rain is gone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships