Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,268,515 times

Advertisements

Here's an idea.

Pretend they are your aunties.

No doubt you can hold a civilised conversation with your aunt without getting inappropriate, tongue tied, out of your "comfort zone", threatened, dissed, or an erection.

Women are just people too you know.

Sometimes we have major problems that worry us, which could be why we are not responding the way you think we should.

Sometimes we are interested in a person just because we are interested in people...not necessarily wanting to shag them.

We are usually polite to someone who is polite to us.

I was in Emergency yesterday and got chatting to a guy.

Yakking away like old friends. He got wheeled away and I got released, neither one of us got a hard on, or too shy to even make eye contact. No numbers were exchanged, nor flirtations. Just two ordinary people with something in common, which was being stuck in hospital for the afternoon.

Then his wife came along and we all got into it. Then the guy and his son with the broken hand joined in, and then the doctor came along and cracked a joke and we were all laughing (mind you this is australia, we are far more casual here). It turned out to be a fun day in the waiting room!

You will find you have something in common with most people, if you bother to ask and then LISTEN.

I talk to people all the time when out and about, male female young old. I don't care, I just like to talk. People are interesting. Everyone has a story.

I'm assuming most of you guys have some sort of sister/mother/female relative that you can talk to. These girls who are so daunting are also someone's sister/mother/daughter...just a human being like everyone else, with the same worries, problems, goals.

It isn't rocket science.

Stop preening and posing and wondering what she's thinking about YOU, or staring at her boobs. Try listening and treating her as a normal human being. She is not out just to make you feel inadequate. That is coming from within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,137,816 times
That's...actually not a bad idea for the men!

Old 10-18-2012, 04:48 PM

12 posts, read 11,837 times
I wish men would get erections when they talk to me. I'd feel pretty hot

Old 10-18-2012, 04:49 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,137,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake Avenue View Post
I wish men would get erections when they talk to me. I'd feel pretty hot
Haha! I'd be creeped out if that happened to me.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,729,707 times
That's basically what I already do when I talk to women. I'm pretty sure most women just assume I'm not even slightly interested in them.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,221,273 times
You people look at a man's pants to check for erections?

You're the real creeps.

Most of them are not even voluntary.

This is good advice, but don't forget the ask for the number to set up a date part.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:59 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,600,788 times
Thats pretty good advice OP, props to you. I dont know you enough, but try to put yourself in a shy guys shoes, who is supposed to be the one approaching, because otherwise he will forever be lonely, and see how you react to being rejected a hundred of times, wioth a doizen being absolutely brutal. Seems like approachng should be the most natural thing in the world, but some guys let the rejections effect their self esteem and ego, and find themselves in a vicious cycle of having less and less confidence as they continue approaching which causes less success.

Guys, remember that when you approach a woman, she is likely just as nervous as you and very often alot more. We are supposed to be the stroinger sex and a woman you approach very rarely presents physical threat of any sort to you, so you really arent risking much other than having to deal with rejection. People exchange energy, so if you approach when nervous, you will make her nervous as well in no time, and she will feel creeped out by the end of your conversation. However, if you are relaxed and sexual while talking to her, she will also feed of of tis energy and become relaxed and sexual as well. WHen I say sexual, i dont mean any physical sexual interraction or verbal communication of sexual nature, but simply being aware of your sexual attraction to this woman and "feeling it" in every cell of your body. Flirting and being sexual often go hand in hand for the very same reason.

Keep constant eye contact, sly smile and constantly push your interraction forward.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,444,083 times
My contribution:

And keep the drooling under control..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Very good advice OP! But I don't want to picture my uncle naked. Lol

Old 10-18-2012, 07:09 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,189,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Very good advice OP! But I don't want to picture my uncle naked. Lol
You're too much! lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships