Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,900 times

Advertisements

Just curious, OP how old are you and how tall is your blonde friend? How tall are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
Some men in the western world have been made into pansies because of feminism. It's not their fault, though. Their fathers were victims of feminism so this is all they know. Every man has that inherent masculine strength in him. He just has to know how to reignite it. Men need to start being much more aggressive, especially when pursuing a woman, and when they see something they want they need to take it without caring about other people's feelings. Feminism has made men ashamed of their natural traits. Notice how having a spine is now seen as being a "jerk." Men in other parts of the world haven't been conditioned like this and know men and women are not equal.
Hey this message from the everyday "pansy" man you speak for.
Don't speak in we because you and me are not on the same page. Personally I like living in a time where my "masculinity" is defined by my me and not by some old school traditional blue print. No one is victim of feminism. I personally like that fact that the women I'm with can support her damn self and wants to be with me and not need to be with me. Taking what we need without caring for others feelings, so is this call to arms tell men to be sociopaths. GENIUS!!! Also check other parts of the world because places like Russia and Switzerland women pursue. And in the most parts of the world its more mutual and there is no expectation. And some of those places where they say men and women are not equal fifteen year old girls get shot in head asking for education. Its focusing on these differences that leads to bull**** like that. Is our society perfect of course not this perfect society never existed. There are pro's and con's and there is no singular reason that explains it all.

I'm going say my honest opinion men and woman are EQUAL that in bold so know where I stand. And when it comes to differences everyone is different there is no same man and there is no same woman. Everyone here is entitled to live the way want if they bring no harm to others who cares.

I'm not expect to agree or change your outlook but if you say something be sure to speak for you and fellows who agree with you and stop talking you speak in the interest of all men.

Now put a quarter in your ass cause you played yourself.

If this is want you want and how you see things that is fine and go on and on about how things are suppose to be

Old 10-19-2012, 11:01 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
We've always been somewhat shallow.

With the internet, we've become even shallower. I've seen a turn for the worse.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:04 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Yes.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:05 AM

934 posts, read 1,938,544 times
What's the question again? shhhhhh, Jersey Shore is on.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Hey this message from the everyday "pansy" man you speak for.
Don't speak in we because you and me are not on the same page. Personally I like living in a time where my "masculinity" is defined by my me and not by some old school traditional blue print. No one is victim of feminism. I personally like that fact that the women I'm with can support her damn self and wants to be with me and not need to be with me. Taking what we need without caring for others feelings, so is this call to arms tell men to be sociopaths. GENIUS!!! Also check other parts of the world because places like Russia and Switzerland women pursue. And in the most parts of the world its more mutual and there is no expectation. And some of those places where they say men and women are not equal fifteen year old girls get shot in head asking for education. Its focusing on these differences that leads to bull**** like that. Is our society perfect of course not this perfect society never existed. There are pro's and con's and there is no singular reason that explains it all.

I'm going say my honest opinion men and woman are EQUAL that in bold so know where I stand. And when it comes to differences everyone is different there is no same man and there is no same woman. Everyone here is entitled to live the way want if they bring no harm to others who cares.

I'm not expect to agree or change your outlook but if you say something be sure to speak for you and fellows who agree with you and stop talking you speak in the interest of all men.

Now put a quarter in your ass cause you played yourself.

If this is want you want and how you see things that is fine and go on and on about how things are suppose to be
I think almost everyone agrees that gender equality is a good thing, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who believes that women shouldn't have the right to vote or be able to enter the workplace on equal footing. However, being equal doesnt mean we are the same. Men and women are very different, in so many impoortant aspects. Unfortunately, the feminist movement which did alot of good in its early existance, such as fighting for womens rights that gave modern woman equality, have no real purpose today, and in fact play a negative role in diminishing gender differences.

Feminism isnt alone to blame, propaganda fed by the media and other sources is doing its damage as well. As a direct effect, we end up with many masculine women and feminine men, neither group understanding why they are having such a hard time attracting the opposite sex. Well, the an swer is quite simple. Men are still attracted to feminine women and women are still attracted to masculine men.
Its been that way for thousands of years, and the fact that women today can vote or hold a normal job and support themselves, doesnt change a thing.

Im an open minded person, and believe in true freedom, so as long as you are not hurting anyone else or having a negative impact on our society, you are free to be anyway you want and live your life any way you choose. But meeting many feminine guys, who have no idea how to be men and what masculine traits are, struggle with the opposite sex and complain about it. As long as we all understand that this phenomena (gender equality diminishing gender differences) is taking place in the modern world, and recognize how different men and women really are, and how both genders are attracted to different traits, everyone should have their share of success in todays dating world.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma19 View Post
I was thinking about this today after making some observations at work. It seems that there is a stereotype or myth that men generally are attracted to women's looks, while women are attracted to men's personality/social status. My theory is that this may have been more true in years past, but nowadays it is much more "even" in that women are drawn to men for their looks.

I say this because I have a co-worker who is a conventionally good looking guy. He's tall, blonde, and muscular. At work, women will approach him and ask him questions as an excuse to talk to him, and I've even seen a girl walk right up to him and give him her number. And yes, he had sex with her later that weekend.

Furthermore, my generation has a "hook up culture" in which people aren't dating formally (boyfriend/girlfriend) as much as are they having casual sex/friends with benefits. And many couples my age have one or both parties cheating on each other (again, from my personal observations at work and amongst my group of friends).

What I'm getting at is that this hook-up culture is very much based on pure sexual/physical attraction. There seems to be less of people getting to know each other in any meaningful way (personality), and just acting out their desires based purely on the other person's looks. I suspect this may also be why the divorce rate is so high and continues to climb.

So my question is, are we as a society becoming more shallow, sacrificing meaningful interaction and communication with instant gratification/physically based relationships?
I believe that we have changed as a society. I think that we are every bit as shallow now, if not more, than we were then. Or maybe we were just a little more repressed back then and now that things are more liberal, more people are showing their true colors when it comes to sexual activities. I'd say that certain attitudes that were hidden back in the days are being allowed to surface.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
I think their "masculinity" was pretty tenuous to begin with if it was beaten out of them by the prospect that women could be independent.
I don't agree that men are becoming more feminine, at least on the surface. Today's young men look more masculine than at any time since the caveman days. Women are becoming more masculine too. The U.S has a masculine culture and it's becoming increasingly so.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
The more you learn about history, the more you'll learn that not much has changed.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:30 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
One would argue that with the relatively high obesity rates in this country it's impossible for us to become more shallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships